Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Question about flood
(12-04-2015 08:54 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 08:37 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  if you can honestly convince yourself that we, human beings, are here based on a blind, and mindless process with no goal or agenda...

Why is it so hard to grasp that a mindless process can create something? Mindless processes are occurring all the time and changing things, why can't those changes add up to create increasingly complex organisms?

Because CotW lives in a world filled with magic snow making faeries, because that water vapor isn't just going to freeze and fall without an intelligent guiding force. One has to wonder what Boston did to piss off all of the magical weather controlling faeries and get buried under snow. Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-04-2015, 09:25 PM
(12-04-2015 08:54 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 08:37 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  if you can honestly convince yourself that we, human beings, are here based on a blind, and mindless process with no goal or agenda...

Why is it so hard to grasp that a mindless process can create something?

After all, CoTW can type...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
12-04-2015, 09:48 PM
(12-04-2015 08:54 PM)Russ Wrote:  Why is it so hard to grasp that a mindless process can create something?

Because when you look at the anatomy of the human body, it is hard for me to grasp the concept of a mindless and blind process...a process that can't think or see, yet I have to believe that it created a digestive system, a neuro system, a reproductive system, an immune system, a circulatory system, and whatever else it is said to have created...I have to believe that specified order...specified complexity, came from a process that didn't know shit, or couldn't see shit.

With all due respect, Russ...I just can't fuckin' do it. I can't get myself to believe that shit.

Now sure, you can call my belief crazy. Yeah, I believe that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of mankind...I believe that a man rose from the dead and believing in him, you have eternal life. That is what I believe, and you can call my belief crazy, irrational, stupid, pathetic, whatever. But for the life of me, no matter how much money you paid me, I just can't believe in naturalism. Just can't.

(12-04-2015 08:54 PM)Russ Wrote:  Mindless processes are occurring all the time and changing things, why can't those changes add up to create increasingly complex organisms?

Maybe it can, maybe it can't. I am saying I have no reasons to believe that it can, and I have contrary reasons to believe that it can't.
12-04-2015, 09:54 PM
(12-04-2015 09:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  After all, CoTW can type...

Ahhh yes, everyone wants to be a damn comedian on here. Too many comedians, not enough jokes.
12-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Can you believe that a sperm and an egg, through cell division, grow larger over time, changing a little bit at a time, can eventually grow to be an adult human being ?

It doesn't spontaneously happen. It happens slowly through millions of small changes over time.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
12-04-2015, 10:06 PM
(12-04-2015 09:48 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 08:54 PM)Russ Wrote:  Why is it so hard to grasp that a mindless process can create something?

Because when you look at the anatomy of the human body, it is hard for me to grasp the concept of a mindless and blind process...a process that can't think or see, yet I have to believe that it created a digestive system, a neuro system, a reproductive system, an immune system, a circulatory system, and whatever else it is said to have created...I have to believe that specified order...specified complexity, came from a process that didn't know shit, or couldn't see shit.

With all due respect, Russ...I just can't fuckin' do it. I can't get myself to believe that shit.

Now sure, you can call my belief crazy. Yeah, I believe that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of mankind...I believe that a man rose from the dead and believing in him, you have eternal life. That is what I believe, and you can call my belief crazy, irrational, stupid, pathetic, whatever. But for the life of me, no matter how much money you paid me, I just can't believe in naturalism. Just can't.

Your incredulity and lack of understanding of science do not constitute an argument.

Quote:
(12-04-2015 08:54 PM)Russ Wrote:  Mindless processes are occurring all the time and changing things, why can't those changes add up to create increasingly complex organisms?

Maybe it can, maybe it can't. I am saying I have no reasons to believe that it can, and I have contrary reasons to believe that it can't.

You have no reasons because you refuse to understand science. And your 'contrary reasons' are not evidence - just wishful thinking.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-04-2015, 10:14 PM
(12-04-2015 09:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 09:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  After all, CoTW can type...

Ahhh yes, everyone wants to be a damn comedian on here. Too many comedians, not enough jokes.

I'm sorry, you must be under the mistaken impression that we give a shit whether or not you find it funny.

Now that is hilarious. Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-04-2015, 10:17 PM
(12-04-2015 10:00 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Can you believe that a sperm and an egg, through cell division, grow larger over time, changing a little bit at a time, can eventually grow to be an adult human being ?

Once you start talking about cells, you've already bypassed the whole abiogenesis issue that science hasn't helped you with yet. So you bypassed the whole life from nonlife thing, and jumped right to prexisting life and how it changes over time Laugh out load

No wonder it was that convenient, huh? I mean, once you jump from the abiogenesis thing, everything becomes sooo easy to explain, right Laugh out load

(12-04-2015 10:00 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It doesn't spontaneously happen. It happens slowly through millions of small changes over time.

Yeah, because anything can happen in a million years, right?
12-04-2015, 10:22 PM
(12-04-2015 10:14 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm sorry, you must be under the mistaken impression that we give a shit whether or not you find it funny.

Now that is hilarious. Weeping

What about me??!!!! What about my opinion??!!!!

That is fake botheration, btw.
12-04-2015, 10:25 PM
(12-04-2015 10:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your incredulity and lack of understanding of science do not constitute an argument.

You have no reasons because you refuse to understand science. And your 'contrary reasons' are not evidence - just wishful thinking.

Three sentences, and NOT counting.