Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Question about flood
(17-03-2015 01:00 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Classic example of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Freddy Kruger? What about him?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2015, 11:15 PM
(17-03-2015 12:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ahhhh, so you agree. The torture of children is wrong, ergo.. god bashing babies against rocks is wrong. Therefore your god is immoral.

First off, the Bible doesn't state that God bashed any babies against rocks. So either you are deliberately lying, or you are grossly misinformed. Second, the scripture you are referring to is talking about Israel getting revenge over Babylon and paying them back for what they did to them...and only someone that has seen their children getting bashed against rocks would want the same thing to happen to those that did it to them.

(17-03-2015 12:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If your mythical god asked you to kill your own child would this be wrong?

If God tells me to kill my child, he would obviously have a morally sufficient reason to do so, and I would do it.

(17-03-2015 12:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I sure as hell do, and most people around this planet do too. If any god from anywhere asked this of me I'd say "fuck you god, you're an asshole for asking me".

On judgement day, feel free to udder those very words, buddy Big Grin

(17-03-2015 12:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  But guess what, the god in your idiot storybook asked one of the characters to do this.

He didn't ask him, he told him. God doesn't need or ask for permission to do anything Laugh out load Second, you are conveniently leaving out the part in the same damn story where God told him to put the knife away...as it was only a test, but of course...bypass that part so you could make your shitty point, a point that is irrelevant in light of what actually happened.

(17-03-2015 12:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And as you stated in your post torturing children is wrong,so again, your god is immoral according to your "objective morality".

You were wrong about God bashing babies heads against rocks, and you deliberately omitted key details regarding the shitty point you were trying to make. So basically, you are not worth another key stroke after this here sentence.
17-03-2015, 11:21 PM
(17-03-2015 11:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, I didn't say that. You are accepting as true an answer for which there is absolutely no evidence.

Dude, I just told you, there is evidence for ME. Do you understand?? The evidence is good enough for ME. Maybe it isn't good enough for you, but that is irrelevant to what it does for me...and for me, the evidence is good enough.

I don't know what part of that don't you understand.

(17-03-2015 11:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  You have no reason to think it is true so you accept it even though it is not shown to be correct - therefore demonstrating your willingness to accept an incorrect explanation.

I have every reason to believe that life cant come from nonlife, consciousness cannot come from unconsciousness, the universe couldn't have came from nothing, and objective morality cant come from natural processes.

Again, the evidence is good enough for me. Understand? I have reasons to think that Christian theism is true, regardless a damn what YOU think...I am convinced by the evidence.

Please find a way to wrap your mind around that, ok?
18-03-2015, 01:42 AM
(17-03-2015 11:15 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If God tells me to kill my child, he would obviously have a morally sufficient reason to do so, and I would do it.
In one single sentence you offer a dark and frightening insight into the mind of a believer. I trust you don't actually have children? If you do, I can only hope for their sake that you can keep the voices inside your head even-tempered.

I rarely post here but occassionaly something shocks me so bad I have to comment.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like TubbyTubby's post
18-03-2015, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2015 05:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(17-03-2015 11:15 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 12:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If your mythical god asked you to kill your own child would this be wrong?

If God tells me to kill my child, he would obviously have a morally sufficient reason to do so, and I would do it.

If Allah tells me to commit jihad, he would obviously have a morally sufficient reason to do so, and I would do it.

You now have ceded any objection you could ever have against any other religion for any reason. At this point, all of your objections are nothing but special pleading, because your threshold for reason and evidence is effectively zero.

I fucking hope beyond all hope you are never left responsible for the life of another human being, because clearly when a life is in your hands you cannot be trusted with its safety.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-03-2015, 05:10 AM
(17-03-2015 09:37 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, if you take God out of the equation, then evolution depends on abiogenesis...so until you can explain how life could have arisen from nonlife, then you will never get to the origin of any species....evolutionists often ignore this...which is the cart before the horse fallacy.

Second, I don't think the scientific data supports EITHER theory, to be honest. So you can separate the theories from each other as much as you want..but you can't go in a lab and PROVE either one, and that is the problem.

Any point in asking you where god came from?

I'm predicting you won't or can't answer?

18-03-2015, 05:46 AM
(17-03-2015 10:56 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well let me put it to you this way...there science isn't getting any more closer to answering the question of origins (life, consciousness, morality, universe)...you can't use the scientific method to demonstrate either, so I have no other choice but to go with the last man standing, God.

No, the last man standing is "I don't know", not something for which there is no evidence.

Quote:
(17-03-2015 11:15 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Third, EVERYONE thought that the universe was static because there was no evidence saying it wasn't.

Then "everyone" should have taken an agnostic position when it came to the universe, then. No one should have taken any positive positions until they had positive evidence.

Exactly. Now take your own advice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-03-2015, 06:31 AM
(17-03-2015 10:57 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 01:00 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Classic example of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Freddy Kruger? What about him?

The irony of this is not lost on me. How does it feel to be an unaware self-parody?
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-03-2015, 07:08 AM
(17-03-2015 11:15 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If God tells me to kill my child, he would obviously have a morally sufficient reason to do so, and I would do it.

I think you need to get your cartilage examined. These answers make the stuff that spews out of Q seem normal. Facepalm

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
18-03-2015, 07:32 AM
(17-03-2015 11:15 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

You have relinquished any claim to sanity or morality. You are a danger to society. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post