Question about the "J", "E", "P", "R", "D", and the "changed Old Testament".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 07:33 AM
RE: Question about the "J", "E", "P", "R", "D", and the "changed Old Testament".
Hi Mark,
If that's your "clever" remark about the homosexuality of Jesus, a degenerate joke, how can you say you post a blog about "issues with Christianity" that isn't biased? This is why I never bothered to pick apart your blog point by invalid point, you have an obvious slant and would ignore my comments. Is that not so?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 10:29 AM
RE: Question about the "J", "E", "P", "R", "D", and the "changed Old Testament".
(21-03-2013 07:33 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Hi Mark,
If that's your "clever" remark about the homosexuality of Jesus, a degenerate joke, how can you say you post a blog about "issues with Christianity" that isn't biased? This is why I never bothered to pick apart your blog point by invalid point, you have an obvious slant and would ignore my comments. Is that not so?

My bolding

Yeah that's the reason.
Consider
21-03-2013, 10:49 AM
He just doen't like the possibility that it's entirely possible that Jebus was gay. A lot of the Gnostic gospels portray him as such, and the early cult members as some sort of male-only group, (and Secret Mark also did). That is just so unacceptable to the fundies they cannot handle even the mention of it. One of them said that Jebus needed to turn Mary Magdalene into a guy so she could be a real member of the inner circle.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
21-03-2013, 01:24 PM
(21-03-2013 10:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He just doen't like the possibility that it's entirely possible that Jebus was gay. A lot of the Gnostic gospels portray him as such, and the early cult members as some sort of male-only group, (and Secret Mark also did). That is just so unacceptable to the fundies they cannot handle even the mention of it. One of them said that Jebus needed to turn Mary Magdalene into a guy so she could be a real member of the inner circle.
Which possibility of straight or gay activity is precluded by the fact that gospels to Revelation, as well as OT prophecy, describe Jesus as engaged, later "wed" to the CHURCH. Jesus with Mary (or John or Mark or Luke) is a lack of His fidelity to the great wedding supper of the lamb. There are obvious parallels between the ancient engagement ceremony and the Last Supper. A blessing was said over wine and then the ancient groom left to PREPARE A RESIDENCE ADJACENT TO HIS FATHER'S FOR HIS BRIDE. Every Christian I've pointed to this fact has said, "Oh, then I guess He didn't have Merovingian children with Mary." The problem is you all read more Dan Brown than John and Mark. Smile
21-03-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 01:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-03-2013 01:24 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 10:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He just doen't like the possibility that it's entirely possible that Jebus was gay. A lot of the Gnostic gospels portray him as such, and the early cult members as some sort of male-only group, (and Secret Mark also did). That is just so unacceptable to the fundies they cannot handle even the mention of it. One of them said that Jebus needed to turn Mary Magdalene into a guy so she could be a real member of the inner circle.
Which possibility of straight or gay activity is precluded by the fact that gospels to Revelation, as well as OT prophecy, describe Jesus as engaged, later "wed" to the CHURCH. Jesus with Mary (or John or Mark or Luke) is a lack of His fidelity to the great wedding supper of the lamb. There are obvious parallels between the ancient engagement ceremony and the Last Supper. A blessing was said over wine and then the ancient groom left to PREPARE A RESIDENCE ADJACENT TO HIS FATHER'S FOR HIS BRIDE. Every Christian I've pointed to this fact has said, "Oh, then I guess He didn't have Merovingian children with Mary." The problem is you all read more Dan Brown than John and Mark. Smile

Wrong again, SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke. The fact is, to this day, I have never read even one Dan Brown book, nor have I ever climed he had Merovingain children, oh attemted deflecting one. Lying again, we see, oh presumptuous troll. Old Testatment "prophesy" describes NOTHING as has been pointed put to you, yet you continue to claim, just as all those who BEGAN to find secret meanings in Midrash, and soothsaying/divination was forbidden, and you have NEVER to this day provided any exception in Leviticus for "the word", oh forgetful old dishonest one. Even IF one granted you prophesy fallacy, they could not refer to Jebus, as he did not DO the one thing the messiah was supposed to do. The temple is still a shrine to a pagan god, and the KINGDOM of Isra-EL was restored by the British. Woops. Weeping

"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
21-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:Wrong again, SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke. The fact is, to this day, I have never read even one Dan Brown book, nor have I ever climed he had Merovingain children, oh attemted deflecting one. Lying again, we see, oh presumptuous troll. Old Testatment "prophesy" describes NOTHING as has been pointed put to you, yet you continue to claim, just as all those who BEGAN to find secret meanings in Midrash, and soothsaying/divination was forbidden, and you have NEVER to this day provided any exception in Leviticus for "the word", oh forgetful old dishonest one. Even IF one granted you prophesy fallacy, they could not refer to Jebus, as he did not DO the one thing the messiah was supposed to do. The temple is still a shrine to a pagan god, and the KINGDOM of Isra-EL was restored by the British. Woops.
Classic delusion here--grandeur. My post wasn't addressed only to you. Do your colleagues on this forum realize how high you elevate yourself above them? Over 1/3 of the OT is prophecy, by the way. So I'll ask you again for the (5th?) time? Based on your scholarly theory, since only modern readers as smart as us could see the condemnation of future-telling in Leviticus (despite the fact that the Jews read the entire Torah annually or semi-annually as a congregation in synagogue), how is it that over 1/3 of the Old Testament is written in future tense? Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage - up to 39 coffees, one for each OT book.
21-03-2013, 02:55 PM
(21-03-2013 02:42 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Wrong again, SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke. The fact is, to this day, I have never read even one Dan Brown book, nor have I ever climed he had Merovingain children, oh attemted deflecting one. Lying again, we see, oh presumptuous troll. Old Testatment "prophesy" describes NOTHING as has been pointed put to you, yet you continue to claim, just as all those who BEGAN to find secret meanings in Midrash, and soothsaying/divination was forbidden, and you have NEVER to this day provided any exception in Leviticus for "the word", oh forgetful old dishonest one. Even IF one granted you prophesy fallacy, they could not refer to Jebus, as he did not DO the one thing the messiah was supposed to do. The temple is still a shrine to a pagan god, and the KINGDOM of Isra-EL was restored by the British. Woops.
Classic delusion here--grandeur. My post wasn't addressed only to you. Do your colleagues on this forum realize how high you elevate yourself above them? Over 1/3 of the OT is prophecy, by the way. So I'll ask you again for the (5th?) time? Based on your scholarly theory, since only modern readers as smart as us could see the condemnation of future-telling in Leviticus (despite the fact that the Jews read the entire Torah annually or semi-annually as a congregation in synagogue), how is it that over 1/3 of the Old Testament is written in future tense? Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage - up to 39 coffees, one for each OT book.

Irrelevant. If "prophesy" was NOT telling the future, as was forbidden, AND YET AGAIN YOU HAVE FAILED TO PROVIDE ANY REFERENCE FOR ANYTHING OR THE VERSES IN LEVITICUS THAT MADE AN EXCEPTION FOR "the word". . There WAS NO TORAH until Ezra brought it back from the Exile, and that leaves only a few hundred years, and you have no clue what they did "in synagogue". The role of a prophet was not to tell the future, oh deluded troll. The Jews had no need to be told about the role of prophesy. They KNEW WHAT THE ROLE was, and it was NOT to tell the future. It was to speak to the people of their own day. You are obviously hyped up on your druds, (caffeine, and who knows what else). Your atttemplted deflection, and continued ignorance is noted.

21-03-2013, 07:08 PM
(21-03-2013 07:33 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Hi Mark,

You are too sensitive. There's nothing wrong with having a laugh at poor old Jeebus' expense. If he were alive today, he wouldn't mind.

In fact...I actually have some respect for the guy (if we assume he existed.) If you're interested I'll explain why (and I have spent many years studying his life and times.)

In any case, my bias is not particularly relevant. The issues I raise are. I won't ignore your comments. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:Irrelevant. If "prophesy" was NOT telling the future, as was forbidden, AND YET AGAIN YOU HAVE FAILED TO PROVIDE ANY REFERENCE FOR ANYTHING OR THE VERSES IN LEVITICUS THAT MADE AN EXCEPTION FOR "the word". . There WAS NO TORAH until Ezra brought it back from the Exile, and that leaves only a few hundred years, and you have no clue what they did "in synagogue". The role of a prophet was not to tell the future, oh deluded troll. The Jews had no need to be told about the role of prophesy. They KNEW WHAT THE ROLE was, and it was NOT to tell the future. It was to speak to the people of their own day. You are obviously hyped up on your druds, (caffeine, and who knows what else). Your atttemplted deflection, and continued ignorance is noted.
1. I've posted the concordance definition for the word that a few translations have as soothsayer--which means fortuneteller. Multiple alternate renderings are available. 2. If the word must be translated soothsaying in your opinion as a Hebrew scholar, than yes, we have a Bible contradiction, because prophets have up to SEVERAL CHAPTERS running, HUNDREDS of verses in a row, of future predictions. There are thousands of such verses overall with "In that day," "Later," "After these things," "Not until X happens,"... Period.
22-03-2013, 08:01 AM
(22-03-2013 07:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Irrelevant. If "prophesy" was NOT telling the future, as was forbidden, AND YET AGAIN YOU HAVE FAILED TO PROVIDE ANY REFERENCE FOR ANYTHING OR THE VERSES IN LEVITICUS THAT MADE AN EXCEPTION FOR "the word". . There WAS NO TORAH until Ezra brought it back from the Exile, and that leaves only a few hundred years, and you have no clue what they did "in synagogue". The role of a prophet was not to tell the future, oh deluded troll. The Jews had no need to be told about the role of prophesy. They KNEW WHAT THE ROLE was, and it was NOT to tell the future. It was to speak to the people of their own day. You are obviously hyped up on your druds, (caffeine, and who knows what else). Your atttemplted deflection, and continued ignorance is noted.
1. I've posted the concordance definition for the word that a few translations have as soothsayer--which means fortuneteller. Multiple alternate renderings are available. 2. If the word must be translated soothsaying in your opinion as a Hebrew scholar, than yes, we have a Bible contradiction, because prophets have up to SEVERAL CHAPTERS running, HUNDREDS of verses in a row, of future predictions. There are thousands of such verses overall with "In that day," "Later," "After these things," "Not until X happens,"... Period.

There is no "period" about it. Soothsaying and diviniation were forbidden, and any scholar knows it was forbidden in the culture. You STILL have not posted the part of Leviticus where YOU STATED there was an exception made for "the word of god" as different. Were you lying ? Why can you not post the exception for what YOU SAID was the exception ? Post the line, and the reference NOW, CHAPTER and VERSE, or shut the fuck up.