Question about the "J", "E", "P", "R", "D", and the "changed Old Testament".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2013, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 05:57 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Question about the "J", "E", "P", "R", "D", and the "changed Old Testament".
(10-03-2013 11:21 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  he won't digest any of this, but I'm sure everyone else enjoyed it. Thanks!

Thanks Mark, I do have my moments. I just wish it was this easy all the time. Satirizing MrBuddy is about as effortless as driving over a baby seal with a monster truck...

Wait till I get home and open up Photoshop. Pictures are coming... Evil_monster

:EDIT:

And, done!

[Image: SealSmooshed_1copy.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-03-2013, 07:24 AM
RE: Question about the "J", "E", "P", "R", "D", and the "changed Old Testament".
(10-03-2013 12:03 PM)mrbuddy4413 Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 11:53 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Yeah, because the 20 years of SINCERE "asking and seeking" provided so much for me. There was nothing to be found, . . . and before you say something like, "You didn't do it right", . . . I couldn't have been MORE honest and sincere than I was back then. It ultimately was a void of nothing.

Well, here I am 20 years later and have come to witness to you. Coincidence? Were you reading the word?

@_@ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . uh, . . . yes! . . . . . . . Do you think I'm stupid? It was an empty book written by translators of people who believed "THIS is how it really should be because what I'm supposed to be translating here doesn't really make sense, so I'll change it up a bit" . . . a process that was probably mirrored untold number of times.

FYI . . . . when I finally left the church [about 4 years ago], I was going to a very successful "bible believing" A/G mega church with a pastor who preached straight from "the word". It was still [and IS still] proven vacant, . . . empty, . . . and void of any true power. Words in a book that is NOT the actual truth [which was probably far more mundane and normal than "a new religion" could actually use, . . . so the thrown in "magic" claims to fool the suckers of the time].

In other words, . . . take your preaching elsewhere. Especially when it is about the weakest proselytizing you can do. "Have you read the word." Come on! I read it so much. . . and kept a journal of what I read and what I was thinking at the time [when I was struggling with it and was encouraged by church leadership to "keep a journal"] . . . and I eventually ended up with enough information for a book talking about what I found wrong with "the word" [as well as religions in general] and self published it. It isn't the best written work [since I'm not an actual writer, but did it as a way to work through my final de-conversion]. Reads more like journal notes, but you are free to get a copy from amazon.com if you want. Search for My Case Against Faith. That should give you an idea of how much of "the word" I have read.

Regardless of whether or not I got all of it right, . . . the reason for this thread is that . . . apparently . . . I wasn't EVEN reading the actual story. It was what mere men wanted me to believe. That's all!
[+] 2 users Like DeavonReye's post
11-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:It was an empty book written by translators of people who believed "THIS is how it really should be because what I'm supposed to be translating here doesn't really make sense, so I'll change it up a bit" . . . a process that was probably mirrored untold number of times.
An oft-heard assertion. Do you have proof of this? Can you please provide us with your alternate versions in Hebrew and Greek? Thanks. Also (and I'm not accusing you of being them, although writing a book against the scriptures is not a smart idea) Hitler, Darwin and Marx were more than conversant with the scriptures but not born again believers. It's not how much Word you read but whether you had a born again relationship with Jesus, right?
11-03-2013, 12:29 PM
(11-03-2013 11:58 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  An oft-heard assertion. Do you have proof of this? Can you please provide us with your alternate versions in Hebrew and Greek? Thanks. Also (and I'm not accusing you of being them, although writing a book against the scriptures is not a smart idea) Hitler, Darwin and Marx were more than conversant with the scriptures but not born again believers. It's not how much Word you read but whether you had a born again relationship with Jesus, right?
You of all people asking for proof? Why don't you go to all your other threads and posts, and provide the evidence that has been asked for countless times, before we even begin to discuss the hypocrisy of you asking for proof.

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like yumeji's post
11-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Men decided what to put in the bible. There was nothing "supernatural" with it! Men's own feelings of what they felt was right. Even IF nothing had changed from the very first time the writer penned their religious texts, . . . it was STILL . . . text written by a man. That's all! Men with an agenda. I know this isn't what christians like to hear, but it's just the way it is. And at this time, I don't recall where I heard that about scribes changing things they didn't feel looked right. Who cares. You would be naive to think it never happened. Maybe someone else knows the documentation.
11-03-2013, 01:56 PM
When I initially read the title, I read it as Jeopardy and the changed Old Testament.

I was expecting some question from Alex Trebek.
And I couldn't figure out why each letter was in quotes.

Oh how expectations can lead us down the wrong path Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
11-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Rahn. . . . . indeed! Smile
11-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:Men decided what to put in the bible. There was nothing "supernatural" with it! Men's own feelings of what they felt was right. Even IF nothing had changed from the very first time the writer penned their religious texts, . . . it was STILL . . . text written by a man. That's all! Men with an agenda. I know this isn't what christians like to hear, but it's just the way it is. And at this time, I don't recall where I heard that about scribes changing things they didn't feel looked right. Who cares. You would be naive to think it never happened. Maybe someone else knows the documentation.
There is no such documentation. It does not exist. My question was rhetorical.
11-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Even if that were true, . . . what I said is still factual. Men wrote what the felt was "divine". They were still . . . merely men with an agenda. It is far more believable than "a god was real and told them what to write down".

BTW, . . . why wasn't it a good idea to write a book? I didn't follow what you were saying.
11-03-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 11:26 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-03-2013 02:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Men decided what to put in the bible. There was nothing "supernatural" with it! Men's own feelings of what they felt was right. Even IF nothing had changed from the very first time the writer penned their religious texts, . . . it was STILL . . . text written by a man. That's all! Men with an agenda. I know this isn't what christians like to hear, but it's just the way it is. And at this time, I don't recall where I heard that about scribes changing things they didn't feel looked right. Who cares. You would be naive to think it never happened. Maybe someone else knows the documentation.
There is no such documentation. It does not exist. My question was rhetorical.

Such documentation does exists, but you're too uneducated to make heads or tails of it. Because none of it's in English, and you seem to have enough trouble with this one language already. Actually, I'm not even going to assume you know that much. SleazyJesus, did you know that the Bible wasn't written down in English originally?

Origen in the 3rd Century commented on the variations between manuscripts. 3rd fucking century, and they were already diverging and changing so much that the leaders of the church could note the difference in the manuscripts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textual_var..._Testament

Now if you can read ancient Greek, this will all make perfect sense to you. But you can't, I'm sure. This is a near to complete list of all textual variations that have been documented, with what they said, and attributed to the correct manuscripts. Every single passage has at least 2 variations, and most have more than that.

Bart D. Ehrman has estimated that there are "between 200,000–400,000 variants [in] several million pages of manuscripts."

How about a list of Bible verses not included in modern translations?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bib...anslations

So go fuck yourself SleazyJesus, you are simply too ignorant and too lazy to find the truth staring you in the face.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post