Question for Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 09:50 PM
RE: Question for Atheists
Ah prophecy... back in the day prophecy was brought forth from an Oracle. It is said the Great Oracle was consulted only through interpretation by a priest. The priest would read and interpret the smoke eliciting from the vagina of the Oracle as she perched atop the alter in the Temple.

Wonder what her health care was like? What? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-04-2014, 09:53 PM
(19-04-2014 09:50 PM)kim Wrote:  Ah prophecy... back in the day prophecy was brought forth from an Oracle. It is said the Great Oracle was consulted only through interpretation by a priest. The priest would read and interpret the smoke eliciting from the vagina of the Oracle as she perched atop the alter in the Temple.

Wonder what her health care was like? What? Dodgy

Undecided I have no response to that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2014, 10:01 PM
J, I think it means the oracle is smokin' hot. Smartass

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-04-2014, 10:04 PM
(19-04-2014 10:01 PM)Banjo Wrote:  J, I think it means the oracle is smokin' hot. Smartass

If thats the case I want to meet this Oracle.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Get in line dude. Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-04-2014, 11:44 PM
(17-04-2014 06:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 08:59 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Ah, got ya. Thank you for that information. I don't believe in any religion as I am atheist but just the thought of some big apocalyptic event happening scares the crap out of me.

Well, then, you ought to worry about real things like the Yellowstone supervolcano, the Azores megatsunami, asteroid strikes, global pandemics, and the like. Drinking Beverage

[Image: what-me-worry-715605.jpg]

.... to be fair, we probably should worry about asteroid strikes. And by worry, I mean point telescopes at the sky, chart out the locations of asteroids, and construct feasible mission plans for diverting their course if they're headed towards Earth.

And same for global pandemics! We should monitor diseases for sudden increases in virulence, keep a healthy stock of treatments and vaccines, engage in general vaccination programs, and even try to wipe out the worst population-killers entirely.

OH WAIT! WE'RE ALREADY DOING THAT!
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post