Question for YECers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Question for YECers.
Or, anyone who can answer like a YECer.

How do YECs reconcile the fact that there is a sustained, renewing amount of water on the Earth, and that amount of water could in no way cover the entire Earth during the Great Flood.

Where did all the rest of that water go?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Question for YECers.
God drank it.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like WillHopp's post
09-01-2014, 11:46 AM
God turned it into wine and gave us Napa Valley.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like WillHopp's post
09-01-2014, 11:47 AM
They would probably say it went to the poles. The water canopy theory is a bitch to defend isnt it?

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
09-01-2014, 11:58 AM
I've heard them claim it sunk back beneath the surface of the Earth. They'll claim that because the bible says that's where some of the water came from in the first place. "Great well springs from the depths", or somethng like that. They think there's just a mass of water mixing in with the magma I guess.

I've heard others claim it simply evaporated away into space, and is lost from the panet forever.

Of course, there is not scientific evidence of this, nor is there anyways this could scientifically be true, but they don't bother with the particulars, or specifics... as long as they already have an answer.

09-01-2014, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 12:03 PM by Timber1025.)
Further to this question,
If the atmosphere is (and was) set up in such a way in order to sustain life, how did the people and animals on the ark survive. At 15 cubits higher than all mountains for 150 days there would be insufficient oxygen and super cold temps.

Even if the ATM rose as is with the water, that 5.5 mile shift would have thrown so much off to be lethal to most air breathing life. That is like believing you can tunnel to the center of the earth and survive (like the movies) - not enough faith in the universe to make either story factual.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
09-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Fuckin' YECs.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
09-01-2014, 12:22 PM
In my experience the answer is generally
[Image: its-magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit2.jpg]

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
09-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Shouldn't it be YECists? Consider

Besides this answer is easy. God can do anything, including break the law of conservation of energy/matter. Bringing the water into creation and taking it out is nothing for a god such as Yahweh. There is no reason that a YECist would assume that the earth operates as a closed system.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-01-2014, 12:24 PM
(09-01-2014 12:22 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Shouldn't it be YECists? Consider

Besides this answer is easy. God can do anything, including break the law of conservation of energy/matter. bringing the water into creation and taking it out is nothing for a god such as Yahweh. There is no reason that a YECist would assume that the earth operates as a closed system.

Yeah, but I like YECers better. Especially if you pronounce it phonetically.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]