Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-03-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(26-03-2016 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  <----------Past infinity-------------------------Big Bang Event-------------------------Future infinity----->

There is no equal point from the big bang event to past infinity.

1. If your god exists, it exists in a timeless environment, not an environment with infinite time. (Theology for Dummies)

2. You have no clue what conditions precipitated the Big Bang. You can, therefore, say nothing about its cause.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2016, 09:18 PM
(26-03-2016 08:44 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Something is infinite, or it is not infinite. This applies as much to your alleged god as it does to the universe and whatever might have come before.

Right, it does. But again, no one is saying that God endured through an infinite amount of time, like we do with the universe.

(26-03-2016 08:44 PM)Astreja Wrote:  All you have there is an argument from incredulity with a side of special pleading.

It isn't incredulity if I EXPLAINED why the universe can't be infinite. For some (obvious) reason, you seem to have responded to EVERYTHING I said BUT the explanation I gave in regards to that. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

(26-03-2016 08:44 PM)Astreja Wrote:  "Has to be" is an unsupported assertion. It is not yet demonstrated that the universe requires a First cause, nor is it demonstrated that the supposed First Cause has to be sentient, and you definitely haven't linked it to the god of the Bible.

Remember this? This is from my prior post to you. This is what you conveniently ignored. This is what isn't going anywhere. This is the reason why naturalism is defeated. This is why there must have been a First Cause.

"<----------Past infinity-------------------------Big Bang Event-------------------------Future infinity----->

There is no equal point from the big bang event to past infinity. So for example, lets say that our big bang is the effect of an infinite number of prior big bangs.

Follow me so far?

Now, how many big bang events was needed to create our big bang? An infinite amount, right?

But you should still be able to place a natural number on every single big bang event which preceded ours, right?

So imagine if you counted ALL of the bang events in numerical order which lead to our big bang...and you arrived at our big bang...what number is our big bang??

You answer can't be "infinity" because infinity isn't a number. So what would our big bang number be?

(26-03-2016 08:44 PM)Astreja Wrote:  So if the universe doesn't have to be here (and indeed nothing needs to be here)

*sigh* Something does "need" to be here.

(26-03-2016 08:44 PM)Astreja Wrote:  let's just extend that one step further and consider that a universe-creating god also doesn't need to exist. In short, if we don't need watches, we don't need watchmakers either.

The universe began to exist, Astreja. Everything that begins to exist has a cause.

(26-03-2016 08:44 PM)Astreja Wrote:  That's precisely why I think creation ex nihilo is nonsense.

Of course, that is why you are a naturalist. Naturalists typically think that unnatural stuff is nonsense, ya know.
26-03-2016, 09:20 PM
(26-03-2016 08:09 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:23 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Assertions are not explanations you chuckle fuck.

Well that's just fucking stupid.
The brain is described as :The portion of the central nervous system that is located within the skull. It functions as a primary receiver, organizer, and distributor of information for the body. It has a right half and a left half, each of which is called a hemisphere.
Now given that that's not about Jesus and if, according to your delusions, anything not about Jesus is wrong..where is the brain located CotW? How many hemispheres does it have? Maybe I'm asking the wrong person given you think the brain is made outta fucking cartilage.

Any definition that's not about Jesus is wrong. *snort* That's really the best distraction from the fact you don't know what a word means that you have? Bloody amateur.

The fact that you think using a word correctly with an actual understanding of what it means is "a word game" is ...well actually kinda sad. I pity you, having to go through life as semi-sentient potato.

Except that that's not what I'm talking about or even what I was gonna say, or would say cause it's wrong. So not only do you not know what the word means you don't even know what the arguments against what you don't know are. You have managed to be wrong multiple times before I've even actually said anything about it.
Poor poor, potato.
Actually lots of agnostics believe in god. Lots of agnostics don't believe in god. Do you know why? Cause agnostic/gnostic is not about what you believe you fucking retard. It's about what you claim to KNOW. Not believe, know. Know. K.N.O.W.

Considering you don't even know what YOU are talking about, maybe don't waste your time trying to act like you know what other people are thinking. Stupid potato.

Yes, I suppose you would think "using words right" is nonsense.

Actually you are wrong it's actually about Zeus so enjoy your time in Hades shitbag. I. Don't. Share. Your. Delusions. So arguing from them as if they were real means nothing to me I'll just mock you and move on.

If there is a hell I'll get to tell you myself as even you're self-aware enough to know that after 5 minutes dealing with your dumb ass Jesus is gonna chuck you into the fire.Laugh out load

Mean while I get to be right about it now. And the 2 dozen other times I explained this to you. So tell me did you think yelling JESUS as much as you could would distract me from the fact your a fucking idiot who can't understand a word even after it's been explained to him 24+ times over several months? 'Cause it didn't you illiterate peasant.Drinking Beverage

You don't have a learning disability, you have a learning inability.

Now this babbling fool has come out of the woodwork. I guess this is what Batman must feel like. Once you finish with the Joker, here comes Penguin. Once you finish with Penguin, here comes Two-Face. Once you finish with Two-Face, here comes Poison Ivy. Once you finish with Poison Ivy, here comes Scarecrow. Once you finish with Scarecrow, here comes Mr. Freeze. Once you finish with Mr. Freeze, here comes Mad Hatter. Once you finish with Mad Hatter, here comes the Riddler. Once you finish with the Riddler, here comes Ra's Al Ghul.

The list goes on and on and on Weeping No rest for the weary Weeping

Ahh, but, this is for the Kingdom. And just thinking about who I am working for, makes it all more the while Cool

Did you really just compare yourself to Batman? Now you've gone too far. Gasp

You can blow your zombie jeebus all you want, but leave Batman outta this. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
26-03-2016, 09:21 PM
(26-03-2016 09:12 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Can I play this imaginary game too?
I see your "infinity" and raise you an "all"
I have 1 "all of infinity"
Do I win?

This dude still aint get at me on the Yahoo tip. SMH. Well, the offer is still on the table. If anyone wants to talk to me regarding eternal life through the blood of Jesus Christ, hit me up.
26-03-2016, 09:24 PM
(26-03-2016 09:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 09:12 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Can I play this imaginary game too?
I see your "infinity" and raise you an "all"
I have 1 "all of infinity"
Do I win?

This dude still aint get at me on the Yahoo tip. SMH. Well, the offer is still on the table. If anyone wants to talk to me regarding eternal life through the blood of Jesus Christ, hit me up.

So we can be as Christian as you are ?
Pass

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2016, 09:47 PM
(26-03-2016 09:18 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The universe began to exist, Astreja. Everything that begins to exist has a cause.

Please stop repeating this gibberish.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2016, 09:50 PM
(26-03-2016 08:09 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:23 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Assertions are not explanations you chuckle fuck.

Well that's just fucking stupid.
The brain is described as :The portion of the central nervous system that is located within the skull. It functions as a primary receiver, organizer, and distributor of information for the body. It has a right half and a left half, each of which is called a hemisphere.
Now given that that's not about Jesus and if, according to your delusions, anything not about Jesus is wrong..where is the brain located CotW? How many hemispheres does it have? Maybe I'm asking the wrong person given you think the brain is made outta fucking cartilage.

Any definition that's not about Jesus is wrong. *snort* That's really the best distraction from the fact you don't know what a word means that you have? Bloody amateur.

The fact that you think using a word correctly with an actual understanding of what it means is "a word game" is ...well actually kinda sad. I pity you, having to go through life as semi-sentient potato.

Except that that's not what I'm talking about or even what I was gonna say, or would say cause it's wrong. So not only do you not know what the word means you don't even know what the arguments against what you don't know are. You have managed to be wrong multiple times before I've even actually said anything about it.
Poor poor, potato.
Actually lots of agnostics believe in god. Lots of agnostics don't believe in god. Do you know why? Cause agnostic/gnostic is not about what you believe you fucking retard. It's about what you claim to KNOW. Not believe, know. Know. K.N.O.W.

Considering you don't even know what YOU are talking about, maybe don't waste your time trying to act like you know what other people are thinking. Stupid potato.

Yes, I suppose you would think "using words right" is nonsense.

Actually you are wrong it's actually about Zeus so enjoy your time in Hades shitbag. I. Don't. Share. Your. Delusions. So arguing from them as if they were real means nothing to me I'll just mock you and move on.

If there is a hell I'll get to tell you myself as even you're self-aware enough to know that after 5 minutes dealing with your dumb ass Jesus is gonna chuck you into the fire.Laugh out load

Mean while I get to be right about it now. And the 2 dozen other times I explained this to you. So tell me did you think yelling JESUS as much as you could would distract me from the fact your a fucking idiot who can't understand a word even after it's been explained to him 24+ times over several months? 'Cause it didn't you illiterate peasant.Drinking Beverage

You don't have a learning disability, you have a learning inability.

Now this babbling fool has come out of the woodwork. I guess this is what Batman must feel like. Once you finish with the Joker, here comes Penguin. Once you finish with Penguin, here comes Two-Face. Once you finish with Two-Face, here comes Poison Ivy. Once you finish with Poison Ivy, here comes Scarecrow. Once you finish with Scarecrow, here comes Mr. Freeze. Once you finish with Mr. Freeze, here comes Mad Hatter. Once you finish with Mad Hatter, here comes the Riddler. Once you finish with the Riddler, here comes Ra's Al Ghul.

Ahh, but, this is for the Kingdom. And just thinking about who I am working for, makes it all more the while Cool
While I enjoy you listing off the most well known of the Rouges Gallery, and rolled my eyes at you comparing yourself to any hero considering you are almost universally reviled here, I looked and I looked and I looked and I looked for anything in your post that actually addressed me demonstrating your stupidity and incompetence but I found nothing. I guess your conceding the fact of your incompetence, fantastic. I appreciate it.

You work for god? How sad and pathetic a god you believe in if he not only needs people working for him but you, a illiterate, uneducated, and arrogant fool, are the best he has to send.

The only Kingdom you are going to find after death CotW is that of the worms.Drinking Beverage

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-03-2016, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2016 09:57 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(26-03-2016 09:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  <----------Past infinity-------------------------Big Bang Event-------------------------Future infinity----->

There is no equal point from the big bang event to past infinity.

1. If your god exists, it exists in a timeless environment, not an environment with infinite time. (Theology for Dummies)

2. You have no clue what conditions precipitated the Big Bang. You can, therefore, say nothing about its cause.
Thought is greater than God.
Thought can create God.
God can only exist if we think God exists.
Without thoughts God cannot exist.
In the realm of thoughts, all thoughts exist simultaneously and can be accessed instantly. I can think of the future first and the past last. I can think of infinity, I can think of nothing & I can think of everything.
Thoughts can create something from nothing.
I can imagine a shape that I have never seen before and thus i have created the shape from nothing.
Thoughts can be merciful, while they can be merciless.
Thoughts can be loving as well as hateful.
This is why God needs us. Without us (our thoughts) God ceases to exist.
Thoughts are the basis of everything thing we know.
Without a thought you can never know anything.
The only Good thing is a thought.
The only bad thing is a thought.
Reality cannot exist without thoughts because you have to first think of reality before you can rationalize it's existence.
There is no possible situation where reality can exist to you without you being able to think about it's existence.
There is nothing that has more power over reality than a thought.
Pain does not exist to me if I stop thinking about it.
Love cannot occur to me if I don't give it some thought.
Reality is based on thoughts, but thoughts are not based on reality.
Remove your thoughts and nothing matters to you.

Thought owns us all, whether we like it or not Sad

We do not give our thoughts enough credit.
Reject God & worship Your thoughts and you will become the ultimate Atheist.

New Atheist religion in the making, and I collect tides just like all the rest. Credit cards accepted too.

Who can tell if I'm being serious here or not by the way?
26-03-2016, 09:54 PM
(26-03-2016 09:50 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 08:09 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Now this babbling fool has come out of the woodwork. I guess this is what Batman must feel like. Once you finish with the Joker, here comes Penguin. Once you finish with Penguin, here comes Two-Face. Once you finish with Two-Face, here comes Poison Ivy. Once you finish with Poison Ivy, here comes Scarecrow. Once you finish with Scarecrow, here comes Mr. Freeze. Once you finish with Mr. Freeze, here comes Mad Hatter. Once you finish with Mad Hatter, here comes the Riddler. Once you finish with the Riddler, here comes Ra's Al Ghul.

While I enjoy you listing off the most well known of the Rouges Gallery, and rolled my eyes at you comparing yourself to any hero considering you are almost universally reviled here, I looked and I looked and I looked and I looked for anything in your post that actually addressed me demonstrating your stupidity and incompetence but I found nothing. I guess your conceding the fact of your incompetence, fantastic. I appreciate it.

You work for god? How sad and pathetic a god you believe in if he not only needs people working for him but you, a illiterate, uneducated, and arrogant fool, are the best he has to send.

The only Kingdom you are going to find after death CotW is that of the worms.Drinking Beverage

I think he was just trying to lay the ground-work for revealing he likes to diddle with the Boy Wonder.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2016, 09:57 PM
(26-03-2016 09:51 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Thought owns us all, whether we like it or not Sad

You can't confine your masturbating to one of the four stupid as fuck threads you have already spouted your nonsense in. I enjoy a good derailing as much as the next guy but shut up Shane.
(26-03-2016 09:51 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Who can tell if I'm being serious here or not by the way?
Who the fuck cares kid?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post