Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
27-03-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(27-03-2016 10:15 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 11:39 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  About you, you idiot, which is plainly obvious.

Whiskey...I want you to do something for me. There are only two steps, and I want you to complete each one.

Remember, only two..

1. Hold your breath
2. Now, while holding your breath, in your mind, count to infinity.

Do that for me. I know you won't, but there is always that slim possibility that you may do it.

If you can do that, man, that will be great. Otherwise, I won't pay your foul-mouthed blithering ass any mind from now on.
Awwwww, is da widdle boy sad that someone can tell the painfully obvious and he can't? Personally I'd be more concerned with the idea that I might count to 3 on my way to infinity and beat your personal best.Drinking Beverage

Look kid, if you don't like having people point out your blatant stupidity don't post your blatant stupidity. It's not a hard concept. I get that ALL concepts are hard for you but still, c'mon. C'mon.

(27-03-2016 10:37 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You expect me to read all of that? Laughat
Why the hell not, your times not worth anything.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 10:56 PM
(27-03-2016 10:35 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If it was eternal, it wouldn't have come to past only 13.7 billion years ago.

I clearly referenced the substance that the universe was made of, not the universe itself. The Big Bang is not an ex nihilo event, but the expansion of a singularity. I suspect that the singularity is comprised of something, not nothing.

Quote:Well, the logical problem with infinite regression holds true regardless of any past, present, or future data regarding the universe.

No, I don't think it holds true at all. I say again: We simply don't know what was there before the Big Bang, or how long it was there.

Quote:Logical problems are independent of science/physics. So no new information is going to get you an eternity past.

Logic is not reality. It is just a way of looking at reality, and if reality contradicts it, reality is correct and logic is wrong.

Quote:Again, it cant be an argument from incredulity if I said "Here is why x cant be true".

Oh, don't be such a razzafracking weasel! {apologies to all weaselkind} You shake your head and say "Nope, infinite past makes no sense" but have no problem whatsoever allying yourself with some unproven git of a god that wants men to chop off their foreskins, not eat bacon or shrimp, and take Saturdays off.

Quote:I am saying IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR TIME to be INFINITE, and an ABSOLUTE FIRST CAUSE is NECESSARY.

And I, sirrah, am saying that you are so fucking wrong about that that you fucking deserve your imaginary fiend and its undead bastard son and its attention-whore Holy Spook and all the rest of the fetid pigshit mythology that you're trying to foist off as science.

If it were up to Me, you would awaken screaming on a thousand mornings, drenched in cold sweat from nightmares of seeing yourself and your loved ones screaming in unbearable agony as you burned in the hell that you think is oh so funny to threaten us with.

And with each morning you would hate your god a little bit more, and curse the fucking Holy Spirit and smash your fists into the mattress until they ached all the way up to your elbows, and question your salvation to the point that every mention of John 3:16 made you smirk and go "Yeah, right."

With that, I recuse Myself from this thread and from all dialogue with you, in perpetuity. May the universe treat you as you deserve to be treated, for good and for ill, and may all your prayers return void.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Astreja's post
27-03-2016, 11:03 PM
(27-03-2016 10:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 10:35 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If it was eternal, it wouldn't have come to past only 13.7 billion years ago.

I clearly referenced the substance that the universe was made of, not the universe itself. The Big Bang is not an ex nihilo event, but the expansion of a singularity. I suspect that the singularity is comprised of something, not nothing.

Quote:Well, the logical problem with infinite regression holds true regardless of any past, present, or future data regarding the universe.

No, I don't think it holds true at all. I say again: We simply don't know what was there before the Big Bang, or how long it was there.

Quote:Logical problems are independent of science/physics. So no new information is going to get you an eternity past.

Logic is not reality. It is just a way of looking at reality, and if reality contradicts it, reality is correct and logic is wrong.

Quote:Again, it cant be an argument from incredulity if I said "Here is why x cant be true".

Oh, don't be such a razzafracking weasel! {apologies to all weaselkind} You shake your head and say "Nope, infinite past makes no sense" but have no problem whatsoever allying yourself with some unproven git of a god that wants men to chop off their foreskins, not eat bacon or shrimp, and take Saturdays off.

Quote:I am saying IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR TIME to be INFINITE, and an ABSOLUTE FIRST CAUSE is NECESSARY.

And I, sirrah, am saying that you are so fucking wrong about that that you fucking deserve your imaginary fiend and its undead bastard son and its attention-whore Holy Spook and all the rest of the fetid pigshit mythology that you're trying to foist off as science.

If it were up to Me, you would awaken screaming on a thousand mornings, drenched in cold sweat from nightmares of seeing yourself and your loved ones screaming in unbearable agony as you burned in the hell that you think is oh so funny to threaten us with.

And with each morning you would hate your god a little bit more, and curse the fucking Holy Spirit and smash your fists into the mattress until they ached all the way up to your elbows, and question your salvation to the point that every mention of John 3:16 made you smirk and go "Yeah, right."

With that, I recuse Myself from this thread and from all dialogue with you, in perpetuity. May the universe treat you as you deserve to be treated, for good and for ill, and may all your prayers return void.

Well goddamn. Tell us how you really feel... Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
27-03-2016, 11:06 PM
(27-03-2016 11:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well goddamn. Tell us how you really feel... Tongue

Exhilarated, actually. That was rather a lot of fun to write. {retires into lurker mode}
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
28-03-2016, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2016 12:57 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(27-03-2016 10:15 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 11:39 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  About you, you idiot, which is plainly obvious.

Whiskey...I want you to do something for me. There are only two steps, and I want you to complete each one.

Remember, only two..

1. Hold your breath
2. Now, while holding your breath, in your mind, count to infinity.

Do that for me. I know you won't, but there is always that slim possibility that you may do it.

If you can do that, man, that will be great. Otherwise, I won't pay your foul-mouthed blithering ass any mind from now on.

Hey cow shit - did you show your kids the video that I posted so they understand that their dumb-ass pappy supports an evil religion?

Oh, and I hope that you and agnostic pain wore condoms when you were together last night.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
28-03-2016, 08:02 AM
(27-03-2016 01:26 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I've just got up and read the 'debate' that ensued following my departure last night.

Why anyone bothers with acoustic drain when he doesn't even know the difference between humerous and humerus is a mystery. He's a stupid illiterate twat of the first water.

Cow shit knows more and bigger words than acoustic drain though this makes him no less of a twat. Avoidance is his forte. Thus far, he has used the term 'kind', which he has repeatedly refused to define ( a la kent hovind), god (that he is unable to prove the existence of), jesus (that he is unable to prove the existence of), how and why Abiogenesis and the theory of Evolution are dependent and a video of the evil christardology which he refuses to acknowledge the existence of let alone explain. However, I guarantee that it will cause him cognitive dissonance issues so, from his point of view, he does well to ignore it.

As far as his claim that something cannot come out of nothing and that there must have been a prime cause, these can be dismissed without question. He needs to read the research that was conducted at Fermilab. It clearly demonstrates that matter can indeed come into existence from nothing and without apparent cause. Of course, the matter is short-lived, as one might expect, but none-the-less, the matter did indeed come into existence without cause. Why aren't christards aware of this research? Some are but not many. The ones that do find it inconvenient because the creation of matter, without god, is going to be difficult, if not impossible, to overcome from a christard point of view since it signals the start of the demise of their oh so precious god. god now hangs by his imaginary fingernails on the very real cliff of existence. For a christard, this is a sad and inconvenient truth. It will further swell the atheist ranks which are even growing in Murica. Here in Europe, there will soon be more Atheists than christards, and so there should be since christardology is an unnecessary evil - as demonstrated in the video that I posted that cow shit continues to ignore. cow shit makes claims about matter and cause pre-universe. Interesting. Not even scientists are doing this yet because the nature of pre-existing universe is not yet known. Therefore, which, if any, physical laws applied at that time is currently unknown. True, in our existing universe, every effect has a cause. In a pre-universe, cow shit cannot make this claim since which, if any physical laws, applied is unknown. Also, from cow shit's claim on this point alone, it it clear that he does not understand the theory of time pre-universe.

Now to cow shit and acoustic drain, alias Dunning and Kruger, and their dalliance last night, seriously, I do so hope that they wore condoms. Whilst they are an item, they are preventing the unhappiness of two other potential victims.

I do hope that cow shit's children are allowed to read his posts on this thread for then they will understand what a deluded, dumb-ass twat their pappy is.

Here's the post, once again, for cow shit to ignore - lest he get a good dose of cognitive dissonance.

Acoustic drain. Nice. Although my favorite is Wail of the Child.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
28-03-2016, 09:29 AM
(27-03-2016 10:09 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 09:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Time is not things, you ignorant twat.

You do not understand the point. Being a paradox does not mean it is not possible, it means it is non-intuitive.

You do not understand the mathematics.

Keep trying, catman, keep trying. I just may allow you to win a debate against me.

Still awaiting your explanation of how Hilbert's mathematics supports your 'argument'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-03-2016, 09:31 AM
(27-03-2016 10:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I clearly referenced the substance that the universe was made of, not the universe itself.

Nonsense. If the universe couldn't have existed for eternity, then neither can the stuff that the universe is "made of" Laugh out loadLaugh out load

And not only that, but the "stuff" that the universe is made up of...is still MATTER...and matter has to occur SPACE...and since matter changes, and changes require time, there would bematter, space, and time, and energy.

Those four elements are what the universe IS, so you can't have a UNIVERSE without those things, and you can't have those things without the UNIVERSE.

Now, the problem with infinity applies to both the universe (in its totatlity), AND the events WITHIN the universe (temporal events)....neither the universe nor the events within the universe could have existed for an infinite amount of time. Neither one can be past-eternal.

I don't know why you think these miniscule objections you are raising means a damn, Astreja. The fact that you think so highly of those elementary objections, means that you don't have a clue about what is going on with cosmology, OR philosophy.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm no cosmologist or philosopher, but I know enough about both to be able to speak on the subjects that I advocate for. You, on the other hand, don't have a clue. You are factually incorrect, and logically incoherent in your "attacks".

(27-03-2016 10:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The Big Bang is not an ex nihilo event

It was, unless you are saying that the singularity was just sitting out there for eternity waiting to expand, and then for some unknown reason, it began to expand some 13.7 billion years ago, when it had an infinite amount of time to do so.

Makes...no...sense.........................whatsoever.

(27-03-2016 10:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  but the expansion of a singularity.

Yeah, the expansion of a singularity...

1. Again, as I said above, either it was sitting there for eternity waiting to expand and expanded for some voodoo reason (absurdity # 1)

2. It is the effect of a prior cause on an infinite long causal chain, which would mean that the totality of events that lead to its expansion is an infinite "set", which means that infinity was traversed (absurdity #2)

3. It was the product of a timeless, personal being, whose existence is necessary (bingo :thumbsupSmile

Now, the problem that you have is that #1 and #2 are both demonstrably absurd. Neither one could have happen in reality. #3, no matter how much you don't like that option, is logically valid. You cannot disprove #3, but I can disprove #1 and #2.

I know, it hurts. But that is my job; to hit you where it hurts Yes

(27-03-2016 10:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I suspect that the singularity is comprised of something, not nothing.

No shit. The question is; how did it get there?

(27-03-2016 10:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  No, I don't think it holds true at all. I say again: We simply don't know what was there before the Big Bang, or how long it was there.

If you think critically, you will know. The problem is, you just don't like where you will wind up. If you get your head out of your ass, put it back on your shoulders, do some critical thinking, you will gain the knowledge. And knowledge is power.

(27-03-2016 10:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Logic is not reality. It is just a way of looking at reality, and if reality contradicts it, reality is correct and logic is wrong.

An absurdity cannot exist in reality. A squared-circle cannot exist in reality. A one-sided stick cannot exist in reality. These are logical absurdity, which means that there is no possible world at which either can exist.

Above, #1 and #2 are logical absurdities. Neither one can exist in reality. The problem is, there aren't that many options to choose from, so once you negate the logical absurdities, you are just left with one viable option.

If there is an adequate argument AGAINST it, I sure as hell haven't seen it yet.

(27-03-2016 10:56 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Oh, don't be such a razzafracking weasel! {apologies to all weaselkind} You shake your head and say "Nope, infinite past makes no sense" but have no problem whatsoever allying yourself with some unproven git of a god that wants men to chop off their foreskins, not eat bacon or shrimp, and take Saturdays off.

Well, when the God that I ally myself with is proven to be a LOGICALLY ABSURD concept, then I will abandon my beliefs. But that hasn't happened yet, and it won't happen at all.

You people have a problem offering adequate answers to what I say because you can't rebuttal the truth. It is impossible. You can rebut lies all night long, but the truth is an ugly little monster, and it cannot be rebutted.

As far as those other things you mentioned....that is Jewish stuff...but I am a proud Christian Thumbsup
28-03-2016, 09:37 AM
(28-03-2016 08:02 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 01:26 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I've just got up and read the 'debate' that ensued following my departure last night.

Why anyone bothers with acoustic drain when he doesn't even know the difference between humerous and humerus is a mystery. He's a stupid illiterate twat of the first water.

Cow shit knows more and bigger words than acoustic drain though this makes him no less of a twat. Avoidance is his forte. Thus far, he has used the term 'kind', which he has repeatedly refused to define ( a la kent hovind), god (that he is unable to prove the existence of), jesus (that he is unable to prove the existence of), how and why Abiogenesis and the theory of Evolution are dependent and a video of the evil christardology which he refuses to acknowledge the existence of let alone explain. However, I guarantee that it will cause him cognitive dissonance issues so, from his point of view, he does well to ignore it.

As far as his claim that something cannot come out of nothing and that there must have been a prime cause, these can be dismissed without question. He needs to read the research that was conducted at Fermilab. It clearly demonstrates that matter can indeed come into existence from nothing and without apparent cause. Of course, the matter is short-lived, as one might expect, but none-the-less, the matter did indeed come into existence without cause. Why aren't christards aware of this research? Some are but not many. The ones that do find it inconvenient because the creation of matter, without god, is going to be difficult, if not impossible, to overcome from a christard point of view since it signals the start of the demise of their oh so precious god. god now hangs by his imaginary fingernails on the very real cliff of existence. For a christard, this is a sad and inconvenient truth. It will further swell the atheist ranks which are even growing in Murica. Here in Europe, there will soon be more Atheists than christards, and so there should be since christardology is an unnecessary evil - as demonstrated in the video that I posted that cow shit continues to ignore. cow shit makes claims about matter and cause pre-universe. Interesting. Not even scientists are doing this yet because the nature of pre-existing universe is not yet known. Therefore, which, if any, physical laws applied at that time is currently unknown. True, in our existing universe, every effect has a cause. In a pre-universe, cow shit cannot make this claim since which, if any physical laws, applied is unknown. Also, from cow shit's claim on this point alone, it it clear that he does not understand the theory of time pre-universe.

Now to cow shit and acoustic drain, alias Dunning and Kruger, and their dalliance last night, seriously, I do so hope that they wore condoms. Whilst they are an item, they are preventing the unhappiness of two other potential victims.

I do hope that cow shit's children are allowed to read his posts on this thread for then they will understand what a deluded, dumb-ass twat their pappy is.

Here's the post, once again, for cow shit to ignore - lest he get a good dose of cognitive dissonance.

Acoustic drain. Nice. Although my favorite is Wail of the Child.

I saw Dirac's Nobel Medal the other day.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
28-03-2016, 09:38 AM
(28-03-2016 09:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Still awaiting your explanation of how Hilbert's mathematics supports your 'argument'.

Still awaiting your refutation of the many arguments that I gave supporting the main "argument" in the prior exchanges that we had on this subject.

Do that first, and I PROMISE you we can discuss Hilbert, Cantor, and whoever else you want to discuss. Until then, keep waiting.