Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
28-03-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(28-03-2016 09:38 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 09:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Still awaiting your explanation of how Hilbert's mathematics supports your 'argument'.

Still awaiting your refutation of the many arguments that I gave supporting the main "argument" in the prior exchanges that we had on this subject.

Do that first, and I PROMISE you we can discuss Hilbert, Cantor, and whoever else you want to discuss. Until then, keep waiting.

Hey cow shit - did you show your kids the video that I posted so they understand that their dumb-ass pappy supports an evil religion?

Here's the video:

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2016, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2016 02:31 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Quote:Those four elements are what the universe IS, so you can't have a UNIVERSE without those things, and you can't have those things without the UNIVERSE.

False generalization.
His sample is one, and 95 % of that is unknown, (Dark Energy and Dark Matter)
Sample size cannot be generalized from, and with 95 % of it unknown, no conclusions can be drawn. Wail continues to demonstrate his ignorance of any/all subjects.

I think his suggestion that a member commit suicide last evening is a "bannable" offense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-03-2016, 09:55 AM
(28-03-2016 09:38 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 09:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Still awaiting your explanation of how Hilbert's mathematics supports your 'argument'.

Still awaiting your refutation of the many arguments that I gave supporting the main "argument" in the prior exchanges that we had on this subject.

Do that first, and I PROMISE you we can discuss Hilbert, Cantor, and whoever else you want to discuss. Until then, keep waiting.

Your misunderstanding of the infinite has been shown and you responded with a complete misunderstanding of Hilbert's mathematics.

Stop weaseling.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-03-2016, 11:12 AM
(28-03-2016 09:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your misunderstanding of the infinite has been shown and you responded with a complete misunderstanding of Hilbert's mathematics.

No, I responded with a paradox which shows the absurdity of infinity, and no, I won't engage you with a conversation on it until you go back to the thread at which you were intellectual destroyed by me on this very subject.

So take your "two-sentence" specials, and go bore someone else with them. I got bigger fish to fry Yes
28-03-2016, 11:14 AM
(26-03-2016 11:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think it's better if you begin. Smile

I prefer a private conversation. No hanky panky, either. Big Grin
28-03-2016, 11:14 AM
(28-03-2016 11:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 09:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your misunderstanding of the infinite has been shown and you responded with a complete misunderstanding of Hilbert's mathematics.

No, I responded with a paradox which shows the absurdity of infinity, and no, I won't engage you with a conversation on it until you go back to the thread at which you were intellectual destroyed by me on this very subject.

So take your "two-sentence" specials, and go bore someone else with them. I got bigger fish to fry Yes

You explained to your children that their dumb-ass pappy is a member of an evil cult, yet?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
28-03-2016, 01:00 PM
(28-03-2016 11:14 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 11:12 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No, I responded with a paradox which shows the absurdity of infinity, and no, I won't engage you with a conversation on it until you go back to the thread at which you were intellectual destroyed by me on this very subject.

You explained to your children that their dumb-ass pappy is a member of an evil cult, yet?

Don't forget an evil DEATH cult. The dude is worshipping a sacrificed death jew.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
28-03-2016, 01:24 PM
On Hilbert's hotel the paradox has long been resolved
Quote:"The real implication of Hilbert's hotel is the mathematical concept of infinity used in Hilbert's hotel is flawed. The paradox can be resolved by the theory of transfinite cardinal numbers, proposed by Georg Cantor. There are arguably different types of infinities, so the subtraction of two infinite sets can result in a finite number, infinite number or zero, depending on their "cardinality". William Lane Craig claims this unspecified result as supporting his view:
"Dr Millican says that infinity minus infinity is not defined in transfinite arithmetic – there’s more than one solution to the equation. And that is precisely the problem when you try to translate this into the real world. [1]"
Subtraction of "infinity" is meaningless since infinity is the cardinality of a set and not a number that can be used arithmetically [6]. In the case Hilbert's Hotel, if all guests check out except for three, there will obviously be three guests remaining and there is no paradox. Craig's flawed concept of "infinity" does not exist in transfinite arithmetic. Therefore there is no paradox in Hilbert's hotel.
Not all mathematicians, such as the intuitionism and finitism movements, or philosophers accept the concept of transfinite cardinal numbers. Some accept the mathematical concept but reject the actual existence of actual infinities
."

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...f_by_logic

And simple fact the infinity is not a number of things so this is a clear fallacy

Quote:The concept of infinity is not an actual number. It’s a placeholder for a number beyond our finite conceptions. To see this, just think of an infinite set of even numbers. Now add to that set an infinite number of odd numbers. By adding an infinite set of odd numbers to the infinite set of even numbers we have not increased the actual numbers in that set. So an actual infinite set of numbers does not exist. We could even subtract all numbers with zeros in them, or the numbers 1-1000, or all prime numbers and more, and still have an infinite set of numbers leftover.

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.ca/2016/03/infinity-is-not-number-so-kalam.html

Not to mention Dr. James Lindsay, thoughts on infinity but of course you read some posts on reasonable faith by the lord your god William Lane Craig you know far more about math the a Dr James

Quote:Eternal cosmologies deny the existence of a beginning. Eternal means no beginning and no end. No first moment. No last moment. In an eternal cosmological model, we have to reckon time only from defined moments, and we can imagine a timeline of infinite length in both directions from any point that we choose. The way we conceive of that is not of a beginning infinitely long before or an end infinitely long after but rather as “there’s always an earlier moment than any we describe and always a later moment than any we describe.”

Now the point isn’t that we know the universe is eternal. It’s that we don’t know that it isn’t. The whole point, by definition, of an eternal cosmology is that there is no first moment (i.e., no beginning).

from Dot, Dot, Dot: Infinity Plus God Equals Folly,

now ready nerves for half-baked blathering rant petty insults and mindless self-congratulation followed no doubt by threats of hellfire and more preaching

So predictable

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
[+] 4 users Like Dracomalice's post
28-03-2016, 02:04 PM
(28-03-2016 01:24 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  On Hilbert's hotel the paradox has long been resolved
Quote:"The real implication of Hilbert's hotel is the mathematical concept of infinity used in Hilbert's hotel is flawed. The paradox can be resolved by the theory of transfinite cardinal numbers, proposed by Georg Cantor. There are arguably different types of infinities, so the subtraction of two infinite sets can result in a finite number, infinite number or zero, depending on their "cardinality". William Lane Craig claims this unspecified result as supporting his view:
"Dr Millican says that infinity minus infinity is not defined in transfinite arithmetic – there’s more than one solution to the equation. And that is precisely the problem when you try to translate this into the real world. [1]"
Subtraction of "infinity" is meaningless since infinity is the cardinality of a set and not a number that can be used arithmetically [6]. In the case Hilbert's Hotel, if all guests check out except for three, there will obviously be three guests remaining and there is no paradox. Craig's flawed concept of "infinity" does not exist in transfinite arithmetic. Therefore there is no paradox in Hilbert's hotel.
Not all mathematicians, such as the intuitionism and finitism movements, or philosophers accept the concept of transfinite cardinal numbers. Some accept the mathematical concept but reject the actual existence of actual infinities
."

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...f_by_logic

And simple fact the infinity is not a number of things so this is a clear fallacy

Quote:The concept of infinity is not an actual number. It’s a placeholder for a number beyond our finite conceptions. To see this, just think of an infinite set of even numbers. Now add to that set an infinite number of odd numbers. By adding an infinite set of odd numbers to the infinite set of even numbers we have not increased the actual numbers in that set. So an actual infinite set of numbers does not exist. We could even subtract all numbers with zeros in them, or the numbers 1-1000, or all prime numbers and more, and still have an infinite set of numbers leftover.

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.ca/2016/03/infinity-is-not-number-so-kalam.html

Not to mention Dr. James Lindsay, thoughts on infinity but of course you read some posts on reasonable faith by the lord your god William Lane Craig you know far more about math the a Dr James

Quote:Eternal cosmologies deny the existence of a beginning. Eternal means no beginning and no end. No first moment. No last moment. In an eternal cosmological model, we have to reckon time only from defined moments, and we can imagine a timeline of infinite length in both directions from any point that we choose. The way we conceive of that is not of a beginning infinitely long before or an end infinitely long after but rather as “there’s always an earlier moment than any we describe and always a later moment than any we describe.”

Now the point isn’t that we know the universe is eternal. It’s that we don’t know that it isn’t. The whole point, by definition, of an eternal cosmology is that there is no first moment (i.e., no beginning).

from Dot, Dot, Dot: Infinity Plus God Equals Folly,

now ready nerves for half-baked blathering rant petty insults and mindless self-congratulation followed no doubt by threats of hellfire and more preaching

So predictable

Dracomalice and Chas are the same person. *Sigh*
28-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Rolleyes Yeah, Chas went to the trouble of creating a *whole alter ego* so that he could logic you anonymously. You do not address the logic of the post, merely make an accusation. Are you hoping someone reading the conversation won't notice? Because you're fucken transparent.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post