Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-03-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(29-03-2016 06:12 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 06:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Your inability to make your ideas clear is your own. You think you are being clear. You are not. You think you are being clever. You are not.

Take some responsibility for your own actions.
Isn't clear a subjective word?

Facepalm

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2016, 06:17 PM
(29-03-2016 06:14 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 06:12 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Isn't clear a subjective word?

Facepalm
I denounced the word "know" in place of "likely assumptions" ages ago.

It may be possible that this difference in our beliefs is acting like a communication barrier between us.
Our misunderstandings may be inevitable until something changes.
29-03-2016, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2016 06:33 PM by Leo.)
When the boogeyman go to sleep every night , he check his closet for Chuck Norris.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
29-03-2016, 07:02 PM
(29-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Read it again CotW. Did you consider that it may be possible that not everyone here is out to get you.

No, I never considered it. If you aint with me, you are against me. If you aint down for the Christian cause, you are against the Christian cause.

(29-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Paranoia may be clouding your comprehension.
My statement doesn't mean Chas is right about "infinity". I am stating he might be right about Hilbert not stating that infinity is "absurd"

Well, in my post to you I explained why the concept of infinity IS absurd, and I used the Hilbert's Hotel paradox to do it.

So in other words, who gives a damn about Chas being right regarding what David Hilbert "said" about the paradox. The paradox is a demonstration of the absurdity that will result if one has an "actual" infinite number of things in reality.

All you guys are trying to do is dissect the paradox just so you can find something to disagree with me on.

(29-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  On another note:
Unless someone here is going to claim omniscience soon I suggest we stop thinking that there are things that are not "subject to belief" except maybe with the exception of "thought"

I know "I believe I am right" although I could be wrong.

The hardest decision that Shakespeare ever made was deciding which pencil to use. He had two choices: 2b, or not 2b...
29-03-2016, 07:05 PM
(29-03-2016 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your ignorant incredulity is not a compelling argument. The mathematics of infinity seem absurd to you, but only non-intuitive to those of us who understand it.

It would of been nice if your "two-sentence special" was geared towards the guts of my post. SMH.
29-03-2016, 07:09 PM
(29-03-2016 07:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your ignorant incredulity is not a compelling argument. The mathematics of infinity seem absurd to you, but only non-intuitive to those of us who understand it.

It would of been nice if your "two-sentence special" was geared towards the guts of my post. SMH.

In other words, he doesn't get it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-03-2016, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2016 08:12 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(29-03-2016 07:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Read it again CotW. Did you consider that it may be possible that not everyone here is out to get you.

No, I never considered it. If you aint with me, you are against me. If you aint down for the Christian cause, you are against the Christian cause.

(29-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Paranoia may be clouding your comprehension.
My statement doesn't mean Chas is right about "infinity". I am stating he might be right about Hilbert not stating that infinity is "absurd"

Well, in my post to you I explained why the concept of infinity IS absurd, and I used the Hilbert's Hotel paradox to do it.

So in other words, who gives a damn about Chas being right regarding what David Hilbert "said" about the paradox. The paradox is a demonstration of the absurdity that will result if one has an "actual" infinite number of things in reality.

All you guys are trying to do is dissect the paradox just so you can find something to disagree with me on.

(29-03-2016 04:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  On another note:
Unless someone here is going to claim omniscience soon I suggest we stop thinking that there are things that are not "subject to belief" except maybe with the exception of "thought"

I know "I believe I am right" although I could be wrong.

The hardest decision that Shakespeare ever made was deciding which pencil to use. He had two choices: 2b, or not 2b...
Choice may be a confusing thing.
I choose neither to be with you nor against you, because I didn't choose in the first place.
Why would it be impossible to be neutral?
Why is it so hard to accept that I just "don't know" which side I should be on?
Do you think because I say I don't know if God exists it means I Know God doesn't exist?
I claim "not knowing" as it is an honest representation of my thoughts.
The only thing I know for certain are my thoughts.

I repeat: I am neither with you nor against you.

Do you think just because you tell someone they only have 2 choices automatically limits them 2 choices?
Are you God? <--- that was a serious question and not meant as a joke

Are you sure we share the same meaning of the word "against"?
Google definition:
Against: In opposition to.

A new born child was born today. She knows nothing about your cause. Her name is Emily. Shall I tell her that she is "against" you when she finally learns to speak, for she is not with you? Is she "in opposition" of you?
29-03-2016, 09:10 PM
(29-03-2016 03:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  ...
which is immediately added to the ever-growing list of things that Shane does not understand and yet feels irresistibly compelled to mouth off about.

Would that be an infinite set?

(29-03-2016 07:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...

Correction:
... find something upon which to disagree with me.

(29-03-2016 07:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...

It would have ...

^^^
Disagreeing with the entrails ... i.e. your eviscerated guts.

Smartass

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-03-2016, 09:16 PM
(29-03-2016 09:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Would that be an infinite set?

something something approaches infinity something something calculus joke

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
29-03-2016, 09:19 PM
(29-03-2016 08:02 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Choice may be a confusing thing.
I choose neither to be with you nor against you, because I didn't choose in the first place.
Why would it be impossible to be neutral?

Choosing between eternal life or eternal damnation is not like choosing between Republican or Democrat. Either you choose eternal life, or eternal death. No gray area.

Jesus wasn't neutral when he gave his life for you (According to Christian theology). He was for you. And it isn't the fact that he EXPECTS the same from you..but more so the fact that when someone puts their ass on the line for you, you should WANT to return the favor.

(29-03-2016 08:02 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Why is it so hard to accept that I just "don't know" which side I should be on?

Because, you should know. That is like asking your teacher while you are taking a test "Why is it so hard to accept that I just dont know which answer is correct".

The teacher: "Well, you should have studied...you've had x amount of years (however old you are) to study. For you to have all of that time, and STILL don't have an answer...is inexcusable, and you deserve whatever grade you will get"

(29-03-2016 08:02 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Do you think because I say I don't know if God exists it means I Know God doesn't exist?
I claim "not knowing" as it is an honest representation of my thoughts.
The only thing I know for certain are my thoughts.

I repeat: I am neither with you nor against you.

Do you think just because you tell someone they only have 2 choices automatically limits them 2 choices?
Are you God? <--- that was a serious question and not meant as a joke

Are you sure we share the same meaning of the word "against"?
Google definition:
Against: In opposition to.

Save the babble. You have two options...Eternal life with Jesus Christ...or eternal damnation. Choose wisely. You are here, not because a mindless/blind process put you here...but because there is a God out there who created you, because he wants to share his love with you. All you have to do is accept him, believe in him...call on him. He will answer. Give it a try, will ya?

At the very, very, VERY least, you should be a theist. You should believe in intelligent design. You should not subject yourself to the nonsensical idea that a mindless process gave you a mind, and a blind process gave you vision.

You should have more common sense than that. I should be trying to convince you WHICH God exists, as opposed to trying to convince you a God exists.

Again, at the very least, theism. Christian theism....we would need to talk about...but theism, at the very least.

(29-03-2016 08:02 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A new born child was born today. She knows nothing about your cause. Her name is Emily. Shall I tell her that she is "against" you when she finally learns to speak, for she is not with you? Is she "in opposition" of you?

God doesn't hold people accountable for what they don't know...he holds them accountable for what they know. If someone is not in a position to "know", then they won't be held accountable, and such is the case with Emily.