Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-03-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(29-03-2016 07:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The hardest decision that Shakespeare ever made was deciding which pencil to use. He had two choices: 2b, or not 2b...

[Image: quill%20pen%20and%20ink.jpg]

Pencil.Hobo

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-03-2016, 09:36 PM
(29-03-2016 09:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  God doesn't hold people accountable for what they don't know...he holds them accountable for what they know. If someone is not in a position to "know", then they won't be held accountable, and such is the case with Emily.
So by this....*sigh* "logic" wouldn't the spread of Christianity be the single largest contributor of hell bound souls? I mean if you consider torturing people for ANY reason evil, let alone for finding a book, a poorly written and frequently erroneous book, convincing, than surely the most evil thing you can do is to go out and intentionally cause them to be subject that torture.

If there exists a form of torture that can only be applied to people who know about it, than telling people about it is a shitty thing to do if you care about their well being or their "soul".

Also you're equivocating. You said anyone not with you is against you, when someone points out that includes babies and such you start talking about what god does or does not do. Now unless you finally went from pretending to work for a god to pretending to be one you just tried to be an evasive little cunt.

Also as far as the god question goes NO ONE is in a position to "know". So there is that.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-03-2016, 09:38 PM
(29-03-2016 09:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You have two options...Eternal life with Jesus Christ...or eternal damnation. Choose wisely. You are here, not because a mindless/blind process put you here...but because there is a God out there who created you, because he wants to share his love with you. All you have to do is accept him, believe in him...call on him. He will answer. Give it a try, will ya?

At the very, very, VERY least, you should be a theist. You should believe in intelligent design. You should not subject yourself to the nonsensical idea that a mindless process gave you a mind, and a blind process gave you vision.

You should have more common sense than that. I should be trying to convince you WHICH God exists, as opposed to trying to convince you a God exists.

Again, at the very least, theism. Christian theism....we would need to talk about...but theism, at the very least.

You know, this would hold more weight - that is to say, it might hold more than zero - if you had ever actually advanced any sort of coherent argument as to why we should believe that any god exists at all.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
29-03-2016, 09:42 PM
(29-03-2016 09:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You know, this would hold more weight - that is to say, it might hold more than zero - if you had ever actually advanced any sort of coherent argument as to why we should believe that any god exists at all.

Que 'First cause' diatribe in... 5... 4... 3...
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
29-03-2016, 10:25 PM
so has cow shown his evidence yet? or just spewing bullshit as usual?
29-03-2016, 10:36 PM
(29-03-2016 07:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your ignorant incredulity is not a compelling argument. The mathematics of infinity seem absurd to you, but only non-intuitive to those of us who understand it.

It would of been nice if your "two-sentence special" was geared towards the guts of my post. SMH.

Chuck Norris doesn't cheat death , he wins fair and square.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
29-03-2016, 10:39 PM
(29-03-2016 09:36 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Also you're equivocating. You said anyone not with you is against you, when someone points out that includes babies and such you start talking about what god does or does not do. Now unless you finally went from pretending to work for a god to pretending to be one you just tried to be an evasive little cunt.

Notice that when I said "if you aint for me, you are against me", I IMMEDIATELY said "If you aint for the Christian cause, you are against the Christian cause" afterwards...so I equated "myself" and the "Christian cause" together.

I work on behalf of the Christian Cause.

See, if you actually read the shit without scanning through it in a desperate effort to find something to "attack", you would have comprehended it.

So much for the "gotcha" moment. Go back to wherever you came from, Whiskey. You aint ready yet, bruh. You are missing something. You just don't have the "it" factor.

I aint saying you will never have "it"...but I am saying you don't have "it" now. Just one of those things, ya know Yes

(29-03-2016 09:36 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Also as far as the god question goes NO ONE is in a position to "know". So there is that.

The first time "so there is that" was ever said by someone that didn't do anything Laugh out load
29-03-2016, 10:49 PM
(29-03-2016 09:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You know, this would hold more weight - that is to say, it might hold more than zero - if you had ever actually advanced any sort of coherent argument as to why we should believe that any god exists at all.

Face it, you don't want there to be a God. You don't like the idea of such a thing, do you? It isn't about evidence...it is about the systematic effort to deny the existence of God regardless of what evidence is presented before you.

Remember, you are the guy that would rather believe that the universe popped in to being, out of nothing....BEFORE you even ENTERTAIN the idea of the God Hypothesis.

And it is that kind of thinking...that kind of mind-set, is why you will have no excuse when you stand before the Almighty.

Yet you claim you want "evidence", yet there isn't even any evidence for what you believe (creation out of nothing). But that doesn't stop you from believing that, does it...probably because creation ex nihilo doesn't come with accountability, does it?

It isn't about evidence..it is about which OPTION is more appealing...which option comes with the LEAST amount of baggage.

Keep it real, folks. You can keep it real with me Yes
29-03-2016, 10:59 PM
(29-03-2016 10:49 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Face it, you don't want there to be a God. You don't like the idea of such a thing, do you? It isn't about evidence...it is about the systematic effort to deny the existence of God regardless of what evidence is presented before you.

Remember, you are the guy that would rather believe that the universe popped in to being, out of nothing....BEFORE you even ENTERTAIN the idea of the God Hypothesis.

And it is that kind of thinking...that kind of mind-set, is why you will have no excuse when you stand before the Almighty.

Yet you claim you want "evidence", yet there isn't even any evidence for what you believe (creation out of nothing). But that doesn't stop you from believing that, does it...probably because creation ex nihilo doesn't come with accountability, does it?

It isn't about evidence..it is about which OPTION is more appealing...which option comes with the LEAST amount of baggage.

Keep it real, folks. You can keep it real with me Yes

Death once has a Chuck Norris near experience.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
29-03-2016, 11:07 PM
(20-03-2016 10:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Because I actually have evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and last I checked, with evidence comes confirmation....I don't have any such evidence for any other gods, therefore, I have no reasons to believe in them.

Got that evidence ready yet?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post