Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
30-03-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(29-03-2016 10:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Notice that when I said "if you aint for me, you are against me", I IMMEDIATELY said "If you aint for the Christian cause, you are against the Christian cause" afterwards...so I equated "myself" and the "Christian cause" together.
......which would still make it an equivocation you idiot. When someone points out that your logic would by necessity mean all babies are against you and your cause, shifting over to made up opinions of made up gods is equivocating, as you, your god, his opinion, and your cause are not the same or equal. It's also a chicken shit way of trying to distract from the fact your black and white bullshit is so poorly thought out that even a simpleton like Shane can spot the holes.
Also "I equated "myself" and the "Christian cause" together" makes no sense in English unless you learned the language from a chair with a learning disability.

Speaking of disabilities, do people born with mental disabilities that prevent them from accepting your myths as true go to hell? I imagine that, given you operate under the delusion that the christian god is just, would say no. Though I could be wrong, you might see god creating people with NO chance to be "for Jesus" and then damning them to hell for his choice perfectly just.

However if babes don't go to hell, and believers don't go to hell, and the mentally disabled don't go to hell what you are actually saying is that everyone goes to heaven except people with the intelligence to figure out the con.Rolleyes

(29-03-2016 10:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I work on behalf of the Christian Cause.
With a success rate of 0% what is it exactly that you do for "the cause"? If a person was hired to raise money for a charity and they raised exactly $0 are they actually raising money for the charity?

Actually now that I've typed that I realize it's not even really accurate, though I'll leave it to make a point, as you actually cause a net harm to the cause really. You are so bad, so so sooo bad, at representing the cause of Christianity here that your posts have actually become teaching tools on how stupid, uneducated, ignorant, brutish, cowardly, hostile, intolerant, anti-science, and bigoted Christians can be. You are actually a teaching aid against Christianity.
You have done far more to harm "the cause" than you have helped it so I guess the question above should be if a person raises -$400 for charity is he actually raising money.

(29-03-2016 10:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  See, if you actually read the shit.....
He said while cutting out numerous points in the post he is responding to he didn't have the ability to address.

(29-03-2016 10:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So much for the "gotcha" moment.
I don't consider any point to be a "gotcha", however I do consider pointing out that you attempted to equivocate your position with that of a fictional character as if that's an actual rebuttal to an objection is a salient criticism.

(29-03-2016 10:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You are missing something.
the thing I'm lacking would be a propensity for delusion, you dumb shit.

(29-03-2016 10:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The first time "so there is that" was ever said by someone that didn't do anything Laugh out load
This is just a nonsense objection and I have no idea the point you are trying to make. No one has any KNOWLEDGE about god or gods just beliefs, so no one is in a position to know. Fairly simple....one would think.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
30-03-2016, 02:49 AM
Quote:God doesn't hold people accountable for what they don't know...he holds them accountable for what they know

And he is lying again.
God holds people accountable to what they believe and not what they know. Thats why nonbelievers will (allegedly) be tortured eternally, and not the ignorant (not knowing).
Even more, faith is a central part of the christian religion, christians are encouraged to and its required to rather believe (without evidence) than to know (believe whats demonstrable, or is supported with evidence)

So its exactly the other way around, but this is not very surprising considering CotWs oh so often demostrated ignorance, arrogance, delusion, immaturity and dishonesty.

What is so disappointing about fools like him (and somewhat insulting to someones intellect) is that he doesnt even keep track for more than 2 pages of any thread when he makes up shit or is lying again. One would expect that he would at least put in more effort in deceiving others while he is at it. Like a pickpocket who doesnt care if you notice him doing it. It shows some kind of disrespect in general.
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
30-03-2016, 03:10 AM
(29-03-2016 10:49 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 09:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You know, this would hold more weight - that is to say, it might hold more than zero - if you had ever actually advanced any sort of coherent argument as to why we should believe that any god exists at all.

Face it, you don't want there to be a God. You don't like the idea of such a thing, do you? It isn't about evidence...it is about the systematic effort to deny the existence of God regardless of what evidence is presented before you.

Remember, you are the guy that would rather believe that the universe popped in to being, out of nothing....BEFORE you even ENTERTAIN the idea of the God Hypothesis.

And it is that kind of thinking...that kind of mind-set, is why you will have no excuse when you stand before the Almighty.

Yet you claim you want "evidence", yet there isn't even any evidence for what you believe (creation out of nothing). But that doesn't stop you from believing that, does it...probably because creation ex nihilo doesn't come with accountability, does it?

It isn't about evidence..it is about which OPTION is more appealing...which option comes with the LEAST amount of baggage.

Keep it real, folks. You can keep it real with me Yes

Still evading the questions in the video about evil christardology I see. You ought to show it to your children then they can see what a dumb-ass their pappy is.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
30-03-2016, 05:23 AM
(29-03-2016 06:11 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Isnt time a man made concept?

No.

Quote:The precise value of the Planck length might be unspecified but not necessarily unknowable.

Not the point.

Quote:Your question might be better phrased:
If a pie weighs (unspecified) kg, how much does 1/9 of it weigh?
The answer will be unspecified & not infinite I think.

No, it most certainly would not be better phrased like that because that is not what I asked.

Hint: The answer is an infinitely repeating decimal number.

Quote:Infinity may have it's uses in philosophy but I don't see any examples in physical reality.

It is all around you - the infinity of the continuum.

Want to give the other questions a go?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2016, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 06:06 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(30-03-2016 05:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 06:11 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Isnt time a man made concept?

No.

Quote:The precise value of the Planck length might be unspecified but not necessarily unknowable.

Not the point.

Quote:Your question might be better phrased:
If a pie weighs (unspecified) kg, how much does 1/9 of it weigh?
The answer will be unspecified & not infinite I think.

No, it most certainly would not be better phrased like that because that is not what I asked.

Hint: The answer is an infinitely repeating decimal number.

Quote:Infinity may have it's uses in philosophy but I don't see any examples in physical reality.

It is all around you - the infinity of the continuum.

Want to give the other questions a go?
I would gladly accept your view of infinity's existence in physical reality (if that is what you believe) if you would show me one example of something that we "know" to be never ending rather than just guessing that it is.

I think that anyone that tries to divide an unspecified number such as infinity would obviously get an unspecified result such as a recurring decimal in this case. However, this is purely hypothetical.
In your example with the pie, if I were able to identify all the components of said pie at the Planck level whereby I cannot divide it any further I can come up with a workable number that represents 1 pie (say 1,000,000 components), therefore I can identify precisely if I have 1/9th of a pie placed before me. Due to the limit of planck length the pie cannot be divided (split, seperated) any further than 1000,000. The answer is I can never get precisely 1/9th pie because 1/9th isn't achievable in physical reality.
The pie is not infinite in it's structure (not that we know off) & is therefore divisible without a recurring decimal.
There exists no number between 1-1000000 Planck lengths that can give you the fraction known as 1/9th. To find such a number would defy the limit of Planck length.
1/9th is an average and does not represent an actual number as far as physical reality is concerned. When you examine the object at planck length and dissect it on the average of 1/9th you will get the number 111111:888889. There will exist no additional component between 111111 & 111112.
Therefore 1/9th of anything does not exist in physical reality thanks to the planck length limit.
Averages are simply hypothetical numbers and are not considered real numbers.
30-03-2016, 06:06 AM
(30-03-2016 05:30 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would gladly accept your view of infinity's existence in physical reality (if that is what you believe) if you would show me one example of something that we "know" to be never ending rather than just guessing that it is.

The Infinity of the Continuum. Between any two points, there is an uncountable infinity of points.

Quote:I think that anyone that tries to divide an unspecified number such as infinity would obviously get an unspecified result such as a recurring decimal in this case. However, this is purely hypothetical.

No, that is purely wrong.
Infinity is not an ordinal number, it is a cardinal; i.e. it is not a point on a line, it is the length of the line.
A recurring decimal is not unspecified, it is precise.

Quote:In your example with the pie, if I were able to identify all the components of said pie at the Planck level whereby I cannot divide it any further I can come up with a workable number that represents 1 pie (say 1,000,000 components), therefore I can identify precisely if I have 1/9th of a pie placed before me. Due to the limit of planckmlength the pie cannot be divided (split, seperated) any further than 1000,000.

It has nothing to do with that jumbled response. What is the weight of 1/9 of a 1 kg. pie? This is a simple question with a simple answer.

Quote:The pie is not infinite in it's structure (not that we know off) & is therefore divisible without a recurring decimal.

What is the weight of 1/9 of a 1 kg. pie? This is a simple question with a simple answer.
Hint: The answer is a number that is an infinitely repeating decimal.

Quote:There exists no number between 1-1000000 Planck lengths that can give you the fraction known as 1/9th. To find such a number would defy the limit of Planck length.

What do you believe that is an answer to? The number 1/9 is an actual, defined number.

Quote:1/9th is an average and does not represent an actual number as far as physical reality is concerned.

1/9 is not an average, it is a precise number and is very real as physical reality is concerned.

Quote:When you examine the object at planck length and dissect it on the average of 1/9th you will get the number 111111. There will exist no additional component between 111111 & 111112

What?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-03-2016, 06:11 AM
(30-03-2016 06:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 05:30 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would gladly accept your view of infinity's existence in physical reality (if that is what you believe) if you would show me one example of something that we "know" to be never ending rather than just guessing that it is.

The Infinity of the Continuum. Between any two points, there is an uncountable infinity of points.

Quote:I think that anyone that tries to divide an unspecified number such as infinity would obviously get an unspecified result such as a recurring decimal in this case. However, this is purely hypothetical.

Infinity is not an ordinal number, it is a cardinal; i.e. it is not a point on a line, it is the length of the line.

Quote:In your example with the pie, if I were able to identify all the components of said pie at the Planck level whereby I cannot divide it any further I can come up with a workable number that represents 1 pie (say 1,000,000 components), therefore I can identify precisely if I have 1/9th of a pie placed before me. Due to the limit of planckmlength the pie cannot be divided (split, seperated) any further than 1000,000.

It has nothing to do with that jumbled response. What is the weight of 1/9 of a 1 kg. pie? This is a simple question with a simple answer.

Quote:The pie is not infinite in it's structure (not that we know off) & is therefore divisible without a recurring decimal.

What is the weight of 1/9 of a 1 kg. pie? This is a simple question with a simple answer.

Quote:There exists no number between 1-1000000 Planck lengths that can give you the fraction known as 1/9th. To find such a number would defy the limit of Planck length.

What do you believe that is an answer to? The number 1/9 is an actual, defined number.

Quote:1/9th is an average and does not represent an actual number as far as physical reality is concerned.

1/9 is not an average, it is a precise number and is very real as physical reality is concerned.

Quote:When you examine the object at planck length and dissect it on the average of 1/9th you will get the number 111111. There will exist no additional component between 111111 & 111112

What?
Chas if you use a ruler with hypothetical numbers you will get hypothetical measurements.
Any ruler that gives you a measurement less than Planck length is giving you an average measurement and not an actual measurement. The answer is not accurate until it is simplified based on it's Planck length accuracy.
Fractions exist to give us averages for the things that we are not able (or willing) to accurately define.

Before you can prove that 1/9th is an accurate measurement and not an average measurement you must first prove it's existence in physical reality.
There is no evidence of 1/9th in physical reality if you accurately work at the Planck length limit.
30-03-2016, 06:13 AM
(30-03-2016 06:11 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  The Infinity of the Continuum. Between any two points, there is an uncountable infinity of points.

What?
Chas if you use a ruler with hypothetical numbers you will get hypothetical measurements.
Any ruler that gives you a measurement less than Planck length is giving you an average measurement and not an actual measurement the answer is not accurate until it is simplified based on it's Planck length accuracy.
Fractions exist to give us averages for the things that we are not able (or willing) to accurately define.

Oh, dear. You do not understand numbers.

Fractions are not averages. Read a math book.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-03-2016, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 06:38 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(30-03-2016 06:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:11 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Chas if you use a ruler with hypothetical numbers you will get hypothetical measurements.
Any ruler that gives you a measurement less than Planck length is giving you an average measurement and not an actual measurement the answer is not accurate until it is simplified based on it's Planck length accuracy.

Oh, dear. You do not understand numbers.

Fractions are not averages. Read a math book.
It was inevitable that you would say that in an argument against me.
In the event that you are having difficulty winning an argument simply state that said individual "doesn't understand" the subject & suggest that they read a bible, oops i mean book, to find the answer. It's considered a cop out.

Why redirect the conversation if you can simply rebutt the arguments put foward with simple logic.

These are my arguments:
1. There exist no thing in physical reality where 1/9th can be shown at the Planck level, therefore 1/9th isn't a real number, it is only an average. This is because Planck length cannot be divided.
2. When in comes down to the "Planck length" (the most accurate measurement there is) for any given thing, fractions become either accurate numbers or averages dependent on the fraction being used. For instance, 1/9th is an average, whereas 1/2 is accurate.
3. Any fraction given in an attempt to distinct more than 1 part of a specific object is only going to be an average until you begin the specify what exactly are the components that make up said object. Cut the pie and prove it is exactly 1/9th and you will have won you case, but I remember you when you hit the Planck length level you will never be able to achieve 1/9th separation of the pie.
30-03-2016, 06:28 AM
(29-03-2016 10:49 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  It isn't about evidence.

It rather is.

Quote:Remember, you are the guy that would rather believe that the universe popped in to being, out of nothing....BEFORE you even ENTERTAIN the idea of the God Hypothesis.

Because the god "hypothesis" is incoherent and boils down to special pleading.

If you want an idea to be taken seriously, give me the slightest reason to consider that it might be rational. Thus far, you have utterly failed to do this. You have simply repeated the same basic, entry-level fallacious tripe that utterly failed to convince me of the validity of the theistic position to begin with.

Pascal's wager, threats of eternal damnation, the many failed attempts at reformulating the cosmological argument into something that doesn't collapse in on itself, and constant failures to understand what evolution is, how it functions, or how we know it is true didn't convince me even when I was ten years old and attending Sunday school. And that was when they were presented by people who were both intelligent and likeable.

They certainly aren't impressing me now.

Your laughable attempts at armchair psychology are just an attempt to justify to yourself the fact that you have utterly failed in every argument you have ever attempted on this forum. No one cares about your delusions regarding whether or not I wish to escape accountability.

We only care about the evidence.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post