Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
30-03-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(30-03-2016 07:55 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  1/9th cannot stop existing if it never existed in the first place.

It demonstrably does.

Pick up one apple out of nine apples. You now have one-ninth of the total number of apples.

The rest of your post simply confirms that you are making every error that I attributed to you in my last. You do not understand what a single one of the words you are attempting to use actually means. Your "argument", inasmuch as you can call it that, comes down to you trying to deny the existence of fractions in order to avoid admitting that some of them, when placed in decimal notation, are expressed as infinitely-long strings of digits.

You are an idiot.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
30-03-2016, 08:22 AM
(30-03-2016 06:40 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  I am making a true observation. Deal with it.

Your argument is nonsense and has been rebutted.

1/9 is a real number, as is pi and e.

The Planck length has no proven physical significance.

3?

It's there. Was editing.
IPad died.

No - IPad OK. Your brain died.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
30-03-2016, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 08:40 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(30-03-2016 08:15 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:55 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  1/9th cannot stop existing if it never existed in the first place.

It demonstrably does.

Pick up one apple out of nine apples. You now have one-ninth of the total number of apples.

The rest of your post simply confirms that you are making every error that I attributed to you in my last. You do not understand what a single one of the words you are attempting to use actually means. Your "argument", inasmuch as you can call it that, comes down to you trying to deny the existence of fractions in order to avoid admitting that some of them, when placed in decimal notation, are expressed as infinitely-long strings of digits.

You are an idiot.
Describe an apple in it's entirety using the Planck length limit (proven to exist by science) and you will soon realize 1/9th is a hypothetical number.
The statement "1 apple" is only a simplified understanding that is used to simply quantify the components of everything that makes up the state of the apple in question.
If you attempt to divide "1 apple" you will also be attempting to divide it's components into quantifiable parts. If ever you actually take the time to do that, science steps in and limits your ability to divide it's specific components past a certain amount. This limit is called Planck length and it disproves infinity as far as our collective knowledge is concerned.

Oh and I challenge you to claim that I am arguing that "planck length" exists instead of "planck length limit" exists.
30-03-2016, 08:40 AM
(30-03-2016 08:31 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:15 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It demonstrably does.

You are an idiot.

Describe an apple in it's entirety using the Planck length limit (proven to exist by science) and you will soon realize 1/9th is a hypothetical number.

PhysLink Wrote:The Planck length is the scale at which classical ideas about gravity and space-time cease to be valid, and quantum effects dominate.

It is only a limit in that narrow sense.

Wikipedia Wrote:There is currently no proven physical significance of the Planck length; it is, however, a topic of theoretical research.

Just stop, you don't know what you are talking about.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-03-2016, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 08:47 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(30-03-2016 08:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:31 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Describe an apple in it's entirety using the Planck length limit (proven to exist by science) and you will soon realize 1/9th is a hypothetical number.

PhysLink Wrote:The Planck length is the scale at which classical ideas about gravity and space-time cease to be valid, and quantum effects dominate.

It is only a limit in that narrow sense.

Wikipedia Wrote:There is currently no proven physical significance of the Planck length; it is, however, a topic of theoretical research.

Predicted you would say that Smile
That's why I wrote this in my last post:
Oh and I challenge you to claim that I am arguing that "planck length" exists instead of "planck length limit" exists.

Planck length is the limit of scientific knowledge as far as divisibility of specific components are concerned.
Are you going to argue an "is" on behalf of things that exist outside "the limit of scientific knowledge"?
Go join CotW then, I will be right here waiting on the other team when you return.
Have fun.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_length
Planck length
In physics, the Planck length, denoted ℓP, is a unit of length, equal to 1.616199(97)×10−35 metres. It is a base unit in the system of Planck units, developed by physicist Max Planck. The Planck length can be defined from three fundamental physical constants: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, and the gravitational constant.
30-03-2016, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 08:51 AM by Chas.)
(30-03-2016 08:41 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is only a limit in that narrow sense.

Predicted you would say that Smile

The only limit is the theoretical one where theory in classical physics breaks down. There is no physical limit.

Quote:Planck length is the limit of scientific knowledge as far as divisibility of specific components are concerned.

No, it isn't. It is the point at which quantum effects take over from classical physics.

Quote:Are you going to argue an "is" on behalf of things that exist outside "the limit of scientific knowledge"?
Go join CotW then, I will be right here waiting on the other team when you return.
Have fun.

What does this mean?

Quote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_length
Planck length
In physics, the Planck length, denoted ℓP, is a unit of length, equal to 1.616199(97)×10−35 metres. It is a base unit in the system of Planck units, developed by physicist Max Planck. The Planck length can be defined from three fundamental physical constants: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, and the gravitational constant.

Try actually reading the quotes in my post.

30-03-2016, 08:51 AM
(30-03-2016 06:27 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, dear. You do not understand numbers.

Fractions are not averages. Read a math book.
It was inevitable that you would say that in an argument against me.
In the event that you are having difficulty winning an argument simply state that said individual "doesn't understand" the subject & suggest that they read a bible, oops i mean book, to find the answer. It's considered a cop out.

Oh, when it comes to the "you don't understand" shit, Chas and Unbeliever are the kings of that. Whenever they are getting their ass kicked handed to them, they resort to the "you don't understand" shit. As if they are so smart, and we are so dumb Laugh out load

Its not that we don't understand, its that we understand, we just don't ACCEPT it. Especially when we are asking questions that you can't answer.
30-03-2016, 08:53 AM
(30-03-2016 08:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:27 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It was inevitable that you would say that in an argument against me.
In the event that you are having difficulty winning an argument simply state that said individual "doesn't understand" the subject & suggest that they read a bible, oops i mean book, to find the answer. It's considered a cop out.

Oh, when it comes to the "you don't understand" shit, Chas and Unbeliever are the kings of that. Whenever they are getting their ass kicked handed to them, they resort to the "you don't understand" shit. As if they are so smart, and we are so dumb Laugh out load

Its not that we don't understand, its that we understand, we just don't ACCEPT it. Especially when we are asking questions that you can't answer.

No, you two really are dreadfully ignorant in mathematics and physics.

30-03-2016, 08:54 AM
(30-03-2016 08:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:41 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Predicted you would say that Smile

Planck length is the limit of scientific knowledge as far as divisibility of specific components are concerned.
Are you going to argue an "is" on behalf of things that exist outside "the limit of scientific knowledge"?
Have fun.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_length
Planck length

Try actually reading the quotes in my post.
The point in which you stop providing counter arguments in a debate is the point in which you are no longer debating.
I'm only interested in your counter arguments for now Chas.
If you are going to point me in the directions of things that are not counter arguments at this time then I am going to have to consider returning the favor.
In good sportsmanship I would like to redirect your interest to the price of Oil in Iraq. What is your opinion on the matter?
30-03-2016, 08:54 AM
(30-03-2016 08:31 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Describe an apple in it's entirety using the Planck length limit (proven to exist by science) and you will soon realize 1/9th is a hypothetical number.

Thank you for establishing so clearly that you did not read, understand, or care about what you are responding to. You don't know what fractions are, you don't know what the Planck length is or what it signifies in physics, and it is becoming increasingly obvious that you have the reading comprehension of a pre-schooler.

Even assuming that the universe is discrete (which still has not been proven, despite your claims to the contrary), fractions still exist. Fractions are portions of a given unit; the fact that these portions could also be described as units unto themselves is irrelevant.

You don't understand a damn thing that you try to talk about.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner