Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-03-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(19-03-2016 08:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  1. Are you saying that you don't necessarily need to observe Empircal evidence to believe that Empircal evidence exists?
2. Is this not the same as believing in the unseen?

If empirical evidence exists, one does not *have * to observe it, in every case , to accept that it exists.

No.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 01:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-03-2016 11:47 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Duly noted. You may have to forgive me if I do not wish to comply with your request, considering it was you that tried to answer my questions & you have now decided to leave our informative discussion. Are you easily offended by people that question your logic?

Informative?

Sure, it has been about as effectively informative as masturbation is at getting you pregnant.

I'm offended by people wasting my time. You are a waste of everyone's time.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-03-2016, 02:26 AM
Please, anyone, tell me the past few pages of this thread arent about the existence of the pyramids of Gizeh!

Oh, fuck, they are Weeping

Well done Shane-troll. Throwing in a few stupid buzzwords, getting yourself a coke and popcorn. Always works, eh?
20-03-2016, 03:43 AM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

I find that remark condescending but not surprising. It implies that we are on the belief line, at least 'somewhere', even if it is way off to the left. That implies that we simply reject god, even though there is a possibility that one exists, remote as that may be.

I don't know about the rest of the people on here but I find that illogical and the one thing about atheists that I find endearing is that they are logical, unlike their theist counterparts.

god has failed to meet their burden of proof. Therefore, the god hypothesis is totally rejected until such time as the burden of proof is met. This means that atheists are not on the left of the belief line. It means that they aren't even on the belief line.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
20-03-2016, 03:49 AM
CotW was an ignorant, dishonest fool from day one, and deliberatly so.

Did you really expect that to change now? Whats why i didnt bother to answer. There is simply no point in talking to him .
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
20-03-2016, 03:58 AM
(20-03-2016 03:49 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  CotW was an ignorant, dishonest fool from day one, and deliberatly so.

Did you really expect that to change now? Whats why i didnt bother to answer. There is simply no point in talking to him .

He could become a useful chew stick.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
20-03-2016, 06:13 AM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like)....

.....My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?

I see it this way; as children, say as an 8-year-old, many of us believed (or chose to "believe") in the existence of Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, or the Tooth Fairy and also the Christian god. However, when most of us matured by a few years, we threw off our infantile beliefs in Santa, the fairies, bunnies, and... our imaginary friend up in the sky. Generally speaking, adolescents—when they're questioned about their religious beliefs, or their faith in a god—merely parrot the religious status of their parents, or their parents' insistence that a supernatural entity such as the Christian god actually exists—even with a total lack of empirical evidence.

Until their early teens, or puberty, the vast majority of kids haven't yet developed any in-depth capacity for logical reasoning or philosophical argument. Which is why many kids (like me at the time) abandoned any belief in God or gods once the positive influences of scientific enlightenment became apparent to us in our teens and—more importantly—we then possessed much greater reasoning skills and powers of logical thought.

So... one of the reasons that a few people continue their beliefs in supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena is mainly due to their parents (strong authority figures) influence, communal reinforcement by other like-minded (delusional?) individuals, and the "pomp and circumstance" or sense of theatre associated with most religions.

As a lifelong atheist—55 years or more—I have to admit to simply not comprehending how any sane, rational, educated adult could possibly believe in the existence of a mythical god-figure, created by man, over 2,000 years ago. And why do Christians choose not to believe in the existence of other ancient gods? What about Ganesha, Coatlicue, Hades, Si-wang-mu, Odin, or even Allah? Apparently you choose to deny the existence of around 20,000 other gods?

The major difference then between me, as an atheist, and you CotW as a Christian, is that I believe in one less god than do you. That's all ultimately.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
20-03-2016, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 06:43 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(20-03-2016 12:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 11:47 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Duly noted. You may have to forgive me if I do not wish to comply with your request, considering it was you that tried to answer my questions & you have now decided to leave our informative discussion. Are you easily offended by people that question your logic?

Informative?

Sure, it has been about as effectively informative as masturbation is at getting you pregnant.

I'm offended by people wasting my time. You are a waste of everyone's time.
Are you saying that your responses were not informative? Duly Noted.
My responses were mostly questions and I have made no assertions. I don't expect my question to be informative absent your replies.

Asking questions is wasting people's time? How so? Is it because I indirectly forced you to read them? My apologies for the few seconds you lost.
If you chose to answer them is it me or you that is wasting time? Is this how blame works?
What exactly causes you to waste time when you willingly answer a question?
Is it because the questioner does not follow your logic?
If someone doesn't understand you are they wasting your time?
Duly noted, but I can't promise I will always be able to follow your logic when it lacks logic.
20-03-2016, 06:49 AM
(20-03-2016 12:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 08:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  1. Are you saying that you don't necessarily need to observe Empircal evidence to believe that Empircal evidence exists?
2. Is this not the same as believing in the unseen?

If empirical evidence exists, one does not *have * to observe it, in every case , to accept that it exists.

No.
Is emperical evidence required to accept that God exists?
I assume your answer would be no, but I would rather wait for your response before assuming the answer.
20-03-2016, 07:05 AM
(19-03-2016 10:35 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I doubt you spend your days worrying about the army of Demonic Vampire Witches of Saturn™ and their plans for world domination

Fuck, something else to worry about now...
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post