Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
31-03-2016, 06:24 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(30-03-2016 08:55 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, you two really are dreadfully ignorant in mathematics and physics.
That is an opinion.
Here is another one:
You are dreadfully ignorant of how to provide a proper counter argument,

My counter-argument at this point is that you do not have enough knowledge of mathematics to make an intelligent argument about it.

Seriously, your concepts of numbers are uninformed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-03-2016, 07:12 AM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?

Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

First off, yes I believe that belief in god is very much the same as in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, etc. Imagine you live out in the middle of nowhere and your parents teach you that God, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, etc are all real. No imagine that instead of your parents telling you the truth about Santa Claus and the rest, they die in a car wreck or some other way and there is no longer anyone around to tell you that truth. You would continue to believe. You may question why all these characters seem to have abandoned you, but you would continue to believe. After all, why would your parents lie to you. I know that at one point early in my life, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were more real than the God that my parents tried to get me to believe in. After all, there was actual evidence. Some of my Christmas presents had a letter attached from or were supposedly from the fat man. And every easter there were eggs hidden both real and fake plastic with treats in them. There are some cults on islands that still believe that cargo containers of food are dropped by gods for them. This belief came from WWI when sometimes cargo containers meant for our troops were blown off course or just dropped in the wrong place. Even confronted with the evidence of being able to walk right up and touch or ride in similar aircraft, some of these cults still exist and believe in their cargo container dropping gods. Your parents just never told you the truth about god, because none of your ancestors down the line all the way to the beginning were in the know. I am willing to bet that the politicians that wield religion like the tool/weapon it was meant to be are aware of the truth. That is why they can claim to believe, yet act completely opposite when making decisions on who to screw over or whether or not to cheat on their wives (which are only really kept as a manipulation tool anyway). Still not much chance of being president if you are not married at the very least.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
31-03-2016, 09:41 AM
(30-03-2016 08:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Is not that how your god came into being? I mean all things in your world require a creator, right? So who created your god?

Who has argued that "all things in the world require a creator"?

Not I.
31-03-2016, 09:46 AM
(30-03-2016 09:49 PM)Leo Wrote:  Chuck Norris can start a fire by rubbing 2 ice cubes together. Chuck Norris can find the end of the circle. The real reason Hitler killed himself is because he found Chuck Norris is Jewish. When the zombie apocalypse arrives, Chuck Norris doesn't try to survive, they do. Chuck Norris can beat the sun in a staring contest. When Chuck Norris was born , he drove his mother home from the hospital. The big foot claims he saw Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris can set ants on fire with magnifying glass at night. Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

"Chuck Norris got his ass kicked by BRUCE LEE in the movie The Way of the Dragon."
31-03-2016, 09:50 AM
(31-03-2016 09:41 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Is not that how your god came into being? I mean all things in your world require a creator, right? So who created your god?

Not I.

So are you fine with the idea of rocks, stars, elemental forces, & amino acids existing without design?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-03-2016, 09:52 AM
(31-03-2016 09:41 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Not I.

I'd believe you were it not for your demonstrated ability to deny you ever said something in the follow up post to the one in which you said it Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-03-2016, 09:54 AM
(30-03-2016 08:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  "Things can pop in to being, uncaused, out of nothing...and evolution without intelligent design is a viable option without abiogenesis".

We've been over both of these "arguments" ad nauseam across at least three separate threads.

And in each thread, those ridiculous statements that you made are no closer to making sense.

(30-03-2016 08:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Well, yes.

Over a billion people in this world, and you have one vote Laughat
31-03-2016, 09:58 AM
(31-03-2016 09:54 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  We've been over both of these "arguments" ad nauseam across at least three separate threads.

And in each thread, those ridiculous statements that you made are no closer to making sense.

(30-03-2016 08:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Well, yes.

Over a billion people in this world, and you have one vote Laughat

Still ignoring the video about evil christards, eh?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
31-03-2016, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2016 10:15 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(31-03-2016 09:54 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Over a billion people in this world, and you have one vote Laughat

Truth is not subject to a vote.
Didn't your suckwad, Little Billy Craig, explain to you that would be the
"ad populum" fallacy ?

And BTW, what happened to the other 6 billion people in your little world ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-03-2016, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2016 10:29 AM by Leo.)
(31-03-2016 09:46 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 09:49 PM)Leo Wrote:  Chuck Norris can start a fire by rubbing 2 ice cubes together. Chuck Norris can find the end of the circle. The real reason Hitler killed himself is because he found Chuck Norris is Jewish. When the zombie apocalypse arrives, Chuck Norris doesn't try to survive, they do. Chuck Norris can beat the sun in a staring contest. When Chuck Norris was born , he drove his mother home from the hospital. The big foot claims he saw Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris can set ants on fire with magnifying glass at night. Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

"Chuck Norris got his ass kicked by BRUCE LEE in the movie The Way of the Dragon."
Chuck Norris was bitten by a cobra and after 5 days of excruciating pain ... The cobra died. He who laughs ,last laugh best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris , it's definitive his last laugh. The first rule of Chuck Norris : follow his rules or eat his roundhouse kick. On the seventh day God rested ... And Chuck Norris took over. Chuck Norris was born in a log cabin that he built with his own hands. There is no chin behind Chuck Norris Beard. There is only one fist.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post