Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
01-04-2016, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 11:10 AM by Leo.)
RE: Question for atheists...
(01-04-2016 09:10 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 07:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Again ... another classic misreading of what's happening here. It seems to be becoming a trademark.

You'll have to give 'props' to everyone here with visual / olfactory capabilities (and to anyone who can un-mix your metaphors).

The only debate in the mind of the reader / smeller is ... was that a deliberate attempt at a lame Lane Craig-style sleight of hand or does he genuinely not understand the ex nihilo / ex materia distinction?

'Props' should be given to Unbeliever because he's still bothering.

In the crappy hollywood movie of this thread, this is the moment when Professor Unbeliever pretends to give up on the obstinate but <insert some positive trait like feeding a family of 9 brothers and sisters by working 3 jobs> student with the "Do you want me to give up on you too, like everyone else in your life ... :dramatic pause: ... just as you've given up on yourself" speech.

For those who want to know how it ends:

The Professor dies (off stage) as the de-converted and hence now useful member of society, CotW, having become a famous philosopher and evolutionary psychologist, is receiving his Richard Dawkins Award for services to Atheism.

Sadcryface

Ya. I know. It gets you right here, doesn't it :sniff sniff:

Interpreter, anyone?

Chuck Norris died 20 years ago, death hasn't built the courage to tell him yet. Some magicians can walk on water , Chuck Norris can swim through land. Chuck Norris doesn't flush the toilet , he scare the shit out of it. When people get punched they see stars , when the stars get punched they see Chuck Norris. If you spelled Chuck Norris in scrabble , you win forever. Ghosts sit around the campfire telling Chuck Norris stories. Chuck Norris stare the sun 12 hours in a day , we call this part of the day NIGHT.Wink trolling the trolls is fun.Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Leo's post
07-04-2016, 07:35 AM
I read every bit of this insanity and I have so much to say...but I can sum it all up in one sentence:

What the actual fuck?
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
07-04-2016, 07:52 AM
(07-04-2016 07:35 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I read every bit of this insanity and I have so much to say...but I can sum it all up in one sentence:

What the actual fuck?

126 pages? You, sir, are crazy.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-04-2016, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 09:30 AM by Leo.)
(07-04-2016 07:35 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I read every bit of this insanity and I have so much to say...but I can sum it all up in one sentence:

What the actual fuck?

This thread is really about the Chuck Norris facts, nothing more.SmileHoboYes I have many funny Chuck Norris facts but I'm waiting for the Call of the wild return. The motherfucker will come back.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
07-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Actually, I read Chuck's book. It was good. He told how hopeless Bruce Lee really was.

I like that. Lee won every fight he choreographed. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-04-2016, 02:14 PM
(25-03-2016 10:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  ----
Do you see the semantics?

Well ... I do see the pedantic. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-04-2016, 11:49 PM
(14-04-2016 02:14 PM)kim Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 10:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  ----
Do you see the semantics?

Well ... I do see the pedantic. Drinking Beverage

Kimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-04-2016, 06:20 AM
(14-04-2016 11:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 02:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Well ... I do see the pedantic. Drinking Beverage

Kimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Smile

KAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNN!!!!!!!
Tongue Sorry, couldn't resist saying what instantly came to me.
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
17-04-2016, 05:26 AM
(07-04-2016 09:05 AM)Leo Wrote:  

What the actual fuck?

This thread is really about the Chuck Norris facts, nothing more.SmileHoboYes I have many funny Chuck Norris facts but I'm waiting for the Call of the wild return. The motherfucker will come back.

Cows go Chuck Norris tipping.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-04-2016, 05:41 AM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?

Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

Not every atheists puts the argument like that no, but we are all still in the "off " position. I do agree with equating ALL god claims to Santa. The only difference between Santa and god claims is only one is confused to be fact and the other is accepted as fiction.

Humans project their own qualities, narcissism, and fears on the world around them and that is how god claims and religions get created, they are nothing more than a reflection of us.

There is a real psychological reason humans falsely make up and believe in gods. When our species was early on in our evolution, we sought patterns, but the problem is we didn't evolve with the modern knowledge of scientific method we have now, with the quality control of testing and falsification and control groups to insure our perceptions of reality were real, so we ended up gap filling with very bad guesses.

It is literally no different than convincing a toddler who does not have an adult brain that Santa is real. If you want to believe something badly enough you will.

When humans point to the popularity of religion they like to call it the "god gene" and that is bullshit. There is no god gene, there is merely our evolution, and unfortunately reality is messy and we did not evolve with perfect perceptions and even today most humans don't like to consider that they are merely projecting their own qualities on the world around them as a false perception that people call god/s.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post