Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
01-06-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(01-06-2016 06:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 02:57 PM)TSNest Wrote:  It's not too hard to understand. Joseph Smith interpreting golden plates for humanity is as incredulous to the Christians as Moses and his stone plates is to atheists. Religion's fiction is as obvious as the leprechaun's or Santa's. Blatant, obvious fable.

never ever ever engage the OP, he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off into his own dimension. Several of us have given him long winded and extended ass beatings where upon giving up, he declares himself a winner and goes onto another thread to shit all over the carpet.

Pigeon chess!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-07-2016, 04:24 PM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy??

Yes, I see no difference.

Santa knows who has been naughty or nice.
Santa rewards the good and punishes the bad.

And just like god, Santa does not exist.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 2 users Like TechnoMonkey's post
24-07-2016, 02:31 AM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..??

I can speak only for myself, of course, but if I'm being perfectly honest then I do sometimes view it that way. However, I also understand that in most cases it is not necessarily that there is something wrong with theists but that they probably have never really examined their belief system in any depth and/or with an open mind.

(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

No, this is something I don't think or say to myself, for the same reason that I wouldn't consider a child that believes in Santa Claus an idiot: It's what they have been taught by adults they trust.
[+] 1 user Likes crocdoc's post
24-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Question for atheists...
I tell people I worship superman. I am the founder and high priest of The Followers of the Last Son of Krypton. We meet every other leap day from 12:00-12:15. The sermon consists of a reading of the minutes, introductions, and the lesson. It's always the same. "Don't be a dick! All hail superman!" That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 3 users Like rickwfullerjr's post
14-10-2016, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 06:53 AM by theBorg.)
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?
"What a bunch of idiots..."

The atheists are our "brothers and sisters", an atheist is our "suffering Christ".

Just like you are not, let's say, a "false theist": they are not the "false theists". But they are the beloved people for the Jesus Christ. They are the "lasts", who can become the "firsts" (see this part in the Gospel). This is the way to think about the people, the way to compassion and the true love. They are after the true love, they are after the "angel" in our hearts:

14-10-2016, 07:18 PM
I don't think that believing in God is quite as silly as an adult believing in Santa Claus. Santa Claus is commonly accepted as fake; religion is taken more seriously. So if an adult mentioned that they believe in Santa, people would laugh at them, but if they said they believed in God, people would just nod. So I think it makes more sense for people to believe in something that is commonly believed; more people support their beliefs so they feel less doubt. (But, I do think they should feel doubt at least once, because it is important to question things and think independently.)
[+] 7 users Like AnaBunny's post
14-10-2016, 07:52 PM
(14-10-2016 12:27 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The atheists are our "brothers and sisters", an atheist is our "suffering Christ".

Just like you are not, let's say, a Muslim: they are not the "false theists". But they are the beloved people for the Jesus Christ. They are the "lasts", who can become the "firsts" (see this part in the Gospel). This is the way to think about the people, the way to compassion and the true love. They are after the true love, they are after the "angel" in our hearts:

That was actually fucking poetic man. I like it.

Cheers.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-10-2016, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2016 08:44 PM by theBorg.)
(14-10-2016 07:18 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  ...........
But, I do think

Behold: the human, who is thinking. Heart Thumbsup
15-10-2016, 04:53 AM
(14-10-2016 08:41 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Behold: the human, who is thinking.

You should try it sometime. An exciting new experience for you.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
15-10-2016, 05:24 AM
(14-10-2016 07:18 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  I don't think that believing in God is quite as silly as an adult believing in Santa Claus. Santa Claus is commonly accepted as fake; religion is taken more seriously. So if an adult mentioned that they believe in Santa, people would laugh at them, but if they said they believed in God, people would just nod. So I think it makes more sense for people to believe in something that is commonly believed; more people support their beliefs so they feel less doubt. (But, I do think they should feel doubt at least once, because it is important to question things and think independently.)

So it's less embarassing to have absurd beliefs if others have the same absurd beliefs?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post