Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
18-10-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(18-10-2016 02:42 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  .........
2) Nonsense, remember?

There is always a sense, if there is no proof of the nonsense. Read the signature:
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2016, 08:36 AM
(18-10-2016 07:37 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 02:42 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  .........
2) Nonsense, remember?

There is always a sense, if there is no proof of the nonsense. Read the signature:

Nope, no, nonsense...again Drinking Beverage

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
18-10-2016, 10:31 AM
(18-10-2016 12:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 01:52 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  ...........
Dogma's can not be held in science. ............
Personal opinion are irrelevant. .......... Nor do I have any examples of a being that would be counted as a god in Real Life. .........

1) Please give us the list of dogma's, which were destroyed by the Science.

2) The complexity of the human brain is more than the complexity of Universe. Thus, pay some respect to the opinions. They are OUTPUTS. Look: when the GRID of CERN computers gave the final answer: "Higgs Boson does exist", the people are paying respect to this output, however nobody can trace it.

3) Read about the Jesus Christ. The Bible, and the interpretation of the Holy Fathers.

Let's do this.

Respect is earned, not given.

I'll be completely honest and open for my stance, and answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. If you start by doing the same.

No avoiding the question.
No side stepping.

Just clear and direct.

I think this will be the closest thing to a hand shake that you're ever going to get. If you agree. I will proceed. If not, back to the trolling I will go.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
18-10-2016, 10:47 AM
(17-10-2016 08:58 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 03:11 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  First addressing Ana's comment.

Dose a popularity of a belief make it more true?
Or is it how it can be tested?

No to both questions. Not at all.

You don't believe, beliefs should be tested?

Quote:I don't think that believing in God is quite as silly as an adult believing in Santa Claus.

Santa is usually brought up because it a belief people shared at a young age. That they broke out from. Usually threw seeing other kids have stepped away from the idea, or because the parents admit it's all made up.

When we you put into a community that hasn't step out or hasn't been told that Insert Mythical Being Here isn't real. It's a much tuffer experience.

Yeah most grown up doesn't believe that Santa is real. They didn't get there because they dived into years of study and pysics. They got there because the saw the error.

So side by side comparison.

God/Santa
Reward you if you are good.

God/Santa
Punish you if you are bad. (At least Santa doesn't resort to torture.)

God/Santa
Can be any where instantaneously.

God/Santa
Is unseen.

Has assistance caring out his plans with some assistance from more mythical beings.
Angels/Elves

Quote:Santa Claus is commonly accepted as fake; religion is taken more seriously. So if an adult mentioned that they believe in Santa, people would laugh at them, but if they said they believed in God, people would just nod. So I think it makes more sense for people to believe in something that is commonly believed; more people support their beliefs so they feel less doubt. (But, I do think they should feel doubt at least once, because it is important to question things and think independently.)

This is why I asked about the popularity of the belief. If the world accepted Santa as being real. And laughed at the thought of god. Wouldn't we be able to say the same.

Belief in an idea doesn't make it true. Thousands of years ago people believed the world was flat (and some nut jobs today) They believed sickness was brought on by curses. Not viruses.

So when do we move passed beliefs and start looking for the truth?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
18-10-2016, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 10:56 AM by GirlyMan.)
(15-10-2016 02:40 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Are you the True God?

well duh. Who else is gonna take on such a thankless job?

#sigh
18-10-2016, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 09:08 PM by AnaBunny.)
(18-10-2016 10:47 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  You don't believe, beliefs should be tested?

No, they should be tested. Just in a different way.

I didn't realize that what I was saying was that confusing. O.o

And I agree with all of your post.

I'll just leave this thread now, 'cause I've given up on trying to properly explain my point...
18-10-2016, 10:37 PM
(18-10-2016 09:05 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 10:47 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  You don't believe, beliefs should be tested?

No, they should be tested. Just in a different way.

I'll just leave this thread now, 'cause I've given up on trying to properly explain my point...

Most theists could be called "conformists" (a person who conforms to accepted behavior or established practices). Because they say, what do not know, but follow. However many theists do know and do follow.
18-10-2016, 11:42 PM
(18-10-2016 10:37 PM)theBorg Wrote:  However many theists do know and do follow.

Know what, dickhead?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-10-2016, 01:02 AM
(18-10-2016 10:37 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 09:05 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  No, they should be tested. Just in a different way.

Most theists could be called "conformists" (a person who conforms to accepted behavior or established practices). Because they say, what do not know, but follow. However many theists do know and do follow.

And some theists could be called stupid, ignorant fools. Drinking Beverage
A few of them actually could be called proselytizing trolls.
A very few selected ones even could be called willfully dense idiots.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
19-10-2016, 02:40 AM
(18-10-2016 10:37 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Most theists could be called "conformists" (a person who conforms to accepted behavior or established practices).

Agreed; all atheists conform to the fact that their is no viable evidence supporting a belief in the existence of God or of gods. One thing you've actually got right—even by default. On the other hand, theists have difficulty knowing which one of the 22,000 deities to accept as their "true" one LOL.

Quote:Because they say, what do not know, but follow. However many theists do know and do follow.

Could you please rephrase this in English; it's gibberish.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.