Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-03-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Question for atheists...

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 10:31 AM
(19-03-2016 10:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  COTW you *asked* us for comment. Now you can't resist *telling* us what we *should* believe, according to you.

Oh, my bad. I thought this was a forum where you actually discuss shit? Sorry about that. What was I thinking?

(19-03-2016 10:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're unchanged from before. Totally uninterested in other people's knowledge or points of view, only interested in pushing your own.

I am engaging in public conversation on a message forum. Again, I'm sorry if I violated in any rules, laws, or commandments.

I am forever at your mercy, morondog Bowing
20-03-2016, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 11:44 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(20-03-2016 10:13 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The line ain't going nowhere, bruh. I am not here to suit your fancy.

Then who's fancy are you here to suit?

(20-03-2016 10:13 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If the idea of God upsets you so much that you are not even willing to share the same line with the mere "concept" of God, then that just shows how close-minded you are.

That's the problem with christards. They are obsessed with the fact that god exists and assume that everyone also believes and that atheists just, somehow, don't like god.

How can the idea of god upset me? god doesn't exist. Something that doesn't exist can't upset me.

Rejecting god, the tooth fairy, Santa Clause and leprechauns isn't close minded. That's just logical. Believing in any of them is insane.

(20-03-2016 10:13 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This isn't about burden of proof.

Yes it is. You just don't want it to be.

(20-03-2016 10:13 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You just don't like the idea of God, and you don't want any part of it/him. Plain and simple. No need to sugar coat anything.

No. I reject the god hypothesis because the burden of proof has failed. I can't be a part of something that doesn't exist.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
20-03-2016, 10:37 AM
(20-03-2016 10:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 10:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  COTW you *asked* us for comment. Now you can't resist *telling* us what we *should* believe, according to you.

Oh, my bad. I thought this was a forum where you actually discuss shit? Sorry about that. What was I thinking?

(19-03-2016 10:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're unchanged from before. Totally uninterested in other people's knowledge or points of view, only interested in pushing your own.

I am engaging in public conversation on a message forum. Again, I'm sorry if I violated in any rules, laws, or commandments.

I am forever at your mercy, morondog Bowing

You have broken allah's commandments to not communicate with false believers. You're not supposed to be so close to the atheists here, nor those couple jews linger around.

So you should stick to worshiping allah as he wishes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-03-2016, 12:07 PM
(20-03-2016 10:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Because I actually have evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and last I checked, with evidence comes confirmation.

Finally, someone actually has evidence. I'm so ready to stop being angry at god and believe again.

Alright bruh, let's have that evidence. Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-03-2016, 12:14 PM
(20-03-2016 09:50 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 09:16 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Is your certainty that the pyramids exist regardless of you directly observing them (assuming that you never observed them directly) a belief?
Is your certainty that God does not exist a belief considering that you do not possess omniscience (assuming that you don't possess it)?

If they are both beliefs which one would be more rational?

I would also like to discuss the phrase "a lack of a belief is not a belief" if you would be willing to bring it up in your next reply.

Ask yourself how you know I'm not omniscient Shane. The way you know this is the same way I know that the pyramids exist and that God does not. The method is reason.

I don't know that you are not omniscient. I never said you weren't. I asked if you were.
I can't ask myself how I know because I don't know.
The way I don't know if you are omniscient is the same way I don't know if the pyramids exist and I don't know if god exists.
20-03-2016, 12:18 PM
(20-03-2016 12:14 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 09:50 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Ask yourself how you know I'm not omniscient Shane. The way you know this is the same way I know that the pyramids exist and that God does not. The method is reason.

I don't know that you are not omniscient. I never said you weren't. I asked if you were.
The way I don't know if you are omniscient is the same way I don't know if the pyramids exist and I don't know if god exists.

I see. I've answered your questions and now it's time for me to pick your brain if you don't mind. Do you think it is possible that I'm omniscient. If you do, on what objective basis do you conclude that I could be omniscient?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
20-03-2016, 12:22 PM
(20-03-2016 10:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Because I actually have evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and last I checked, with evidence comes confirmation.

Yeh, R-I-G-H-T. Rolleyes

20-03-2016, 12:29 PM
(20-03-2016 12:18 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:14 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I don't know that you are not omniscient. I never said you weren't. I asked if you were.

I see. I've answered your questions and now it's time for me to pick your brain if you don't mind. Do you think it is possible that I'm omniscient. If you do, on what objective basis do you conclude that I could be omniscient?

Yes I believe it is possible that you may be omniscient.
I am not aware of true objective reality outside of my own perception of reality therefore anything is possible outside of my perception of reality until I am able to see the world outside of my own perception.
I am however unable to fathom any situation whereby I could possibly see the world outside of my own perception.
I can neither prove nor disprove your omniscience even if you were omniscient.
20-03-2016, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 01:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-03-2016 12:22 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  

Yeh, R-I-G-H-T. Rolleyes

He's got nothing. The gospels are evidence of nothing.
They said 500 people also rose that day with him.
Rocks were split, graves were opened, and an earthquake.
No evidence for any of it.
All fairy tales.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.