Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-03-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(20-03-2016 12:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:22 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Yeh, R-I-G-H-T. Rolleyes

He's got nothing. The gospels are evidence of nothing.
The said 500 people also rose that day with him.
Rocks were split, graves were opened, and an earthquake.
No evidence for any of it.
All fairy tales.

Cotw, unlike Bucky I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that Jesus Chris did somehow rise from the dead and God does exist.

I prefer to hear your logic more than your belief however.
Can you tell me why should it matter to me if Jesus Christ rose from the dead?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 12:36 PM
(20-03-2016 12:29 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:18 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I see. I've answered your questions and now it's time for me to pick your brain if you don't mind. Do you think it is possible that I'm omniscient. If you do, on what objective basis do you conclude that I could be omniscient?

Yes I believe it is possible that you may be omniscient.
I am not aware of true objective reality outside of my own perception of reality therefore anything is possible outside of my perception of reality until I am able to see the world outside of my own perception.
I am however unable to fathom any situation whereby I could possibly see the world outside of my own perception.
I can neither prove nor disprove your omniscience even if you were omniscient.

So What you are saying is that you have no objective basis for anything including the validity of your own mind. What is your understanding of the concept "objective"? What does it denote?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
20-03-2016, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 12:46 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(20-03-2016 12:36 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:29 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Yes I believe it is possible that you may be omniscient.
I am not aware of true objective reality outside of my own perception of reality therefore anything is possible outside of my perception of reality until I am able to see the world outside of my own perception.
I am however unable to fathom any situation whereby I could possibly see the world outside of my own perception.
I can neither prove nor disprove your omniscience even if you were omniscient.

So What you are saying is that you have no objective basis for anything including the validity of your own mind. What is your understanding of the concept "objective"? What does it denote?

Something that exists regardless of my perception of it.

Even my own mind I am not sure if it belongs to me. How can I prove the true me isn't simply someone else forced to relive the memories of the individual know as agnostic Shane?
How do I know I am not like a Portuguese man o war hooked up to some elaborate matrix where we control the actions of the individual known as Agnostic Shane.

Something is happening, this much I am fairly certain of, after that it just doesn't matter that much to me other than for information purposes.
20-03-2016, 12:43 PM
(20-03-2016 12:39 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:36 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  So What you are saying is that you have no objective basis for anything including the validity of your own mind. What is your understanding of the concept "objective"? What does it denote?

Something that exists regardless of my perception of it.

That's right. Do you think that a consciousness always requires an object or can a consciousness be conscious of nothing? Like you, I'm not trying to debate you, just looking for insight into how a solipsist thinks.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
20-03-2016, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 12:52 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(20-03-2016 12:43 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:39 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Something that exists regardless of my perception of it.

That's right. Do you think that a consciousness always requires an object or can a consciousness be conscious of nothing? Like you, I'm not trying to debate you, just looking for insight into how a solipsist thinks.
It's quite possible a solipsist would call me a blasphemer.
I'm something much worst.
"Even my own mind I am not sure if it belongs to me. How can I prove the true me isn't simply someone else forced to relive the memories of the individual know as agnostic Shane?
How do I know I am not like a Portuguese man o war hooked up to some elaborate matrix where we control the actions of the individual known as Agnostic Shane.

Something is happening, this much I am fairly certain of"

Do you think being certain about nothing proves that everything else is unreal?
I believe proof is an illusion & logic is all that matters.
20-03-2016, 12:52 PM
(20-03-2016 12:48 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:43 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  That's right. Do you think that a consciousness always requires an object or can a consciousness be conscious of nothing? Like you, I'm not trying to debate you, just looking for insight into how a solipsist thinks.
It's quite possible a solipsist would call me a blasphemer.
"Even my own mind I am not sure if it belongs to me. How can I prove the true me isn't simply someone else forced to relive the memories of the individual know as agnostic Shane?

Something is happening, this much I am fairly certain of, after that it just doesn't matter that much to me other than for information purposes"

Thank you for your answers. May you always find water and shade.

[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
20-03-2016, 12:53 PM
(20-03-2016 12:52 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:48 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It's quite possible a solipsist would call me a blasphemer.

Something is happening, this much I am fairly certain of, after that it just doesn't matter that much to me other than for information purposes"

Thank you for your answers. May you always find water and shade.
Duly noted.
Do you think being certain about nothing proves that everything else is unreal?
I believe proof is an illusion & logic is all that matters.
20-03-2016, 12:55 PM
(20-03-2016 12:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:22 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Yeh, R-I-G-H-T. Rolleyes

He's got nothing. The gospels are evidence of nothing.
All fairy tales.

The gospels are evidence of, let me see, oh yes, that someone, although we don't know who, wrote something, although we are not exactly sure of when, about someone that might, or might not, have actually existed because they thought that they might have existed.

Does that about sum up the gospels?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
20-03-2016, 12:58 PM
(20-03-2016 12:55 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's got nothing. The gospels are evidence of nothing.
All fairy tales.

The gospels are evidence of, let me see, oh yes, that someone, although we don't know who, wrote something, although we are not exactly sure of when, about someone that might, or might not, have actually existed because they thought that they might have existed.

Does that about sum up the gospels?
Evidence of a story?
20-03-2016, 01:06 PM
(20-03-2016 10:31 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 10:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  COTW you *asked* us for comment. Now you can't resist *telling* us what we *should* believe, according to you.

Oh, my bad. I thought this was a forum where you actually discuss shit? Sorry about that. What was I thinking?

(19-03-2016 10:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're unchanged from before. Totally uninterested in other people's knowledge or points of view, only interested in pushing your own.

I am engaging in public conversation on a message forum. Again, I'm sorry if I violated in any rules, laws, or commandments.

I am forever at your mercy, morondog Bowing

Your stated purpose in starting this thread was to ask us the question - not to tell us why our answers were wrong. You just wanted another pointless thread to preach in - you weren't interested in the answers in the first place. Fucken troll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post