Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-03-2016, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 02:57 PM by god has no twitter account.)
RE: Question for atheists...
(20-03-2016 01:40 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 01:36 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  As long as you realise that the gospels are stories as opposed to 'facts' - which christards don't realise.
Everything sounds like a story to me. Some might be true and some not so much.
Christian stories are entertaining.

I get disappointed because christards actually believe that they are true.Facepalm

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 01:57 PM
(20-03-2016 01:53 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 01:40 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Everything sounds like a story to me. Some might be true and some not so much.
Christian stories are entertaining.

I get disappointed because christards actually believe that they are true.
I get disappointed when I give them the benefit of the doubt that Jesus really died on a cross and was resurrected and then they tell me it was a sacrifice from some God.
The logic never gets past:
How exact does God sacrifice something & why should I be impressed?
20-03-2016, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 05:27 PM by god has no twitter account.)
(20-03-2016 01:50 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 01:42 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tific.html
Is it possible there is a disconnect between what the church preaches and the bible teaches?

Possible? Possible? Most of the priests/vicars that I've talked to know remarkably little about the bible and its history - so I think that it's a tad more than possible. In fact, I'm shocked as to how little they actually know.

The priests/vicars that I've met have been so used to their flock literally drooling on their every word without question that they don't know what to do when they come up against an atheist. I saw a fairly senior vicar, who's in charge of 5 churches in the area, get absolutely creamed by a small group of atheists. In the end, the atheists eased off when they realised how inept the vicar was.

Personally, I think it's a case of the brainless leading the mindless.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
20-03-2016, 02:15 PM
(20-03-2016 01:57 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 01:53 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I get disappointed because christards actually believe that they are true.
I get disappointed when I give them the benefit of the doubt that Jesus really died on a cross and was resurrected and then they tell me it was a sacrifice from some God.
The logic never gets past:
How exact does God sacrifice something & why should I be impressed?

god, who doesn't exist, can't sacrifice something that doesn't exist.

Being impressed isn't a consideration.

20-03-2016, 04:38 PM
(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Simple task; Go in a lab and create a fully functional human eyeball from scratch. Can you do that? No, you can't. You are an intelligent human being, with vision, correct? So why can't you go in a lab and create a fully functional eyeball?

Yet, a mindless process..a blind process (nature) was able to create not only one eyeball, but two. It didn't know what it was doing, and it didn't SEE what it was doing, yet...it did it?

Yet, you can't do it? If you don't see the faith it takes to believe that, I don't know what to tell you.

That is because you do not understand the genetic algorithm.

(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Sure, change on a micro-level...if every living organism on this planet disappeared EXCEPT dogs....a billion years later, there will be many different varieties of dogs over those billion years..but they will all be DOGS...they will all be the same "kind" of animal, no matter how much time passes.

Asserting this does not make it true.

(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  That is unscientific nonsense. It is voodoo science. It is not supported.

Fossil record, DNA analysis.

Ignoring the evidence does not make it go away.

(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Saying "God did it" is no LESS of an answer than you telling me that "Nature did it".

Yes, it is.

(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  At least my explanation of who did it has intelligence. Your explanation doesn't have any intelligence.

Because it is not required.

(20-03-2016 10:13 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This isn't about burden of proof.

Yes, it is. Or, rather, it is about the theistic position's failure to meet that burden.

(20-03-2016 10:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Because I actually have evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead

No, you don't.

Is anyone else suddenly overwhelmed with a feeling of deja vu?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 7 users Like Unbeliever's post
20-03-2016, 04:47 PM
(20-03-2016 10:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Because I actually have evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and last I checked, with evidence comes confirmation.

A typical christard. If you actually have evidence, then, you would have presented it instead of saying that you had some.

That's the trouble with christards. They assume that atheists are as stupid and as gullible as other christards. Dumb fucks.

20-03-2016, 05:00 PM
(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Simple task; Go in a lab and create a fully functional human eyeball from scratch. Can you do that? No, you can't. You are an intelligent human being, with vision, correct? So why can't you go in a lab and create a fully functional eyeball?

Yet, a mindless process..a blind process (nature) was able to create not only one eyeball, but two. It didn't know what it was doing, and it didn't SEE what it was doing, yet...it did it?

Yet, you can't do it? If you don't see the faith it takes to believe that, I don't know what to tell you.

That is because you do not understand the genetic algorithm.

(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Sure, change on a micro-level...if every living organism on this planet disappeared EXCEPT dogs....a billion years later, there will be many different varieties of dogs over those billion years..but they will all be DOGS...they will all be the same "kind" of animal, no matter how much time passes.

Asserting this does not make it true.

(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  That is unscientific nonsense. It is voodoo science. It is not supported.

Fossil record, DNA analysis.

Ignoring the evidence does not make it go away.

(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Saying "God did it" is no LESS of an answer than you telling me that "Nature did it".

Yes, it is.

(20-03-2016 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  At least my explanation of who did it has intelligence. Your explanation doesn't have any intelligence.

Because it is not required.

(20-03-2016 10:13 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This isn't about burden of proof.

Yes, it is. Or, rather, it is about the theistic position's failure to meet that burden.

(20-03-2016 10:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Because I actually have evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead

No, you don't.

Is anyone else suddenly overwhelmed with a feeling of deja vu?

Typical christard bull shit. OOOhhhh, the eye can't possibly have evolved and anyway Atheist, you can't make one so, it must have been god.

Yes it did evolve and there's fossil evidence. No, I can't make an eye - but nature can.

OK christards can claim that god did it. However, I can claim that santa clause, the tooth fairy or leprechauns did it because there's as much evidence that one of those did it as there is for god having done it.

The only reason that christards stick to their story that god did it is because that's what they were indoctrinated to say when they were young. Now, rather than admit it wasn't god and also acknowledge that they have been complete and utter pillocks for most of their lives, they stick to their mantra - god did it - even though they have no proof. They even put forward the stupid arguments they swallowed when they were young in the hope that we will swallow the bull shit that they did. It must be disconcerting for them when they realise that we don't.

Stupid twats.

[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
20-03-2016, 05:05 PM
(19-03-2016 03:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 03:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, in that case there is insufficient evidence for naturalism, too....yet that doesn't stop most of you from believing in naturalism. There isn't one shred of evidence for naturalism, yet some atheists are willing to throw all of their eggs in that basket.

There isn't one indisputable shred of evidence for Girly, yet I AM willing to throw my eggs in my basket.

You make a scrambled argument. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2016, 05:17 PM
(19-03-2016 07:39 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I don't know if a God or Gods exists and if it does I am not that moved to worship it.
That being said I don't think all Christians or Theists are believers in a made up story.
I think it's quite possible Theists & Atheists both share a similar approach in their belief system.

Some Atheists became atheists because of a lack of empirical evidence in their lives whilst others just don't see the need for a God. There are many reasons for not being a Theist and not always due to a lack of empirical evidence I think.

Here are some questions for Atheists & Theists:
If YOU have found Empirical Evidence for the existence of God would you then believe?
What is Empircal Evidence?
Here is the wiki definition:
"Empirical evidence, also known as sense experience, is a collective term for the knowledge or source of knowledge acquired by means of the senses, particularly by observation and experimentation."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empirical_evidence

What do you think "sense experience" or "means of the senses" is?
Is it not the same as personal experience?
Should an atheist believe the Pyramids of Egypt exist if they have never had any empirical evidence of the Pyramids?
Should a theist believe God exists if they have never had any empirical evidence of God's existence?
Look at the definition of empirical evidence again before you reply.
Do you think a large percentage of the population or literarature or other forms of communication telling you that pyramids exist is reason enough to believe in the Pyramids?
Do you think a large percentage of the population or literarature or other forms of communication telling you that God exists is reason enough to believe in God's existence?
Do you think most of the people telling you pyramids exists, personally experienced it's existence?
Does it really take much more than popular belief for you to believe something exists?
Is popular belief a form of empirical evidence?
Look at the definition again before you reply.

If every time you ordered a pizza, it was delivered, would you doubt that the pizza shop existed?
If it wasn't always delivered would would you be justifid to stop believing it existed?
If every time you prayed to a God the results were in your favor, would you doubt God's existence?
If it wasn't always in your favor would would you be justified to doubt God's existence?
Is this not a form of empirical evidence?

Do you think popular belief counts as empirical evidence instead of personal experience?
Look at the definition of empirical evidence again before you reply
Is there anything you believe in that you haven't personally experienced?
Is empirical evidence really that important for you to accept the possibility that something exists?
If belief in the Pyramids is justified regardless of empirical evidence directly in your life then why can't belief in God also be justified as well?

Who here is willing to argue that believing in empirical evidence gathered by someone other than yourself is not a belief in the unseen?
Do we not do this all the time or do you possess omniscience?
Is such a belief rational?
Is such a belief to be classed as a fairy tail?

If I said all Atheists and Theists that believe in the unseen are fairy tail believers would you feel offended?

For the umpteenth time, atheism is not a belief system. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
20-03-2016, 05:49 PM
(20-03-2016 10:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Because I actually have evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and last I checked, with evidence comes confirmation...

If you're referring to the Gospels, COTW, I don't see them as credible enough to be even circumstantial evidence, let alone primary historical documents written by actual eyewitnesses. Just a silly and totally unbelievable story that got out of hand, IMO.
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post