Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-03-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  That is because you do not understand the genetic algorithm.

Still gnawing away at that bone? Didn't I already intellectually kill you?

(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Asserting this does not make it true.

And you asserting that reptiles evolved into birds also doesn't make it true.

(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Fossil record, DNA analysis.

The nonsense "fossil record" was already destroyed via cambrian explosion...and DNA analysis could very well mean common designer.

(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Ignoring the evidence does not make it go away.

Why would I ignore the evidence when there is so much fun refuting it?

(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes, it is.

So would you put your money on intelligent designers creating another Mt. Rushmore, or would you put your money on the laws of nature via erosion, water, and dirt (or whatever) carving the facial features of the Presidents? Laugh out load

(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Because it is not required.

Right, because processes that can't think or see can create fully functional space shuttles, right?

(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes, it is. Or, rather, it is about the theistic position's failure to meet that burden.

Scientifically explain the origins of the human eyeball.

(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, you don't.

What would convince you that you saw Big Foot? I'd still like an answer to that question...you know, the one that you keep dodging. That is my evidence of the Resurrection right there.

(20-03-2016 04:38 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Is anyone else suddenly overwhelmed with a feeling of deja vu?

I know I am. You beat a person half to death, and they keep getting up coming back for more. Glutton for punishment, bruh?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 10:11 PM
(20-03-2016 04:47 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  A typical christard. If you actually have evidence, then, you would have presented it instead of saying that you had some.

Dude, if you knew how much honor it is for you to call me a "Christard", you wouldn't be saying it.
20-03-2016, 10:13 PM
(20-03-2016 05:49 PM)Astreja Wrote:  If you're referring to the Gospels, COTW, I don't see them as credible enough to be even circumstantial evidence, let alone primary historical documents written by actual eyewitnesses. Just a silly and totally unbelievable story that got out of hand, IMO.

Of course you don't view the Gospels as credible or historically accurate documents..because if you did, your whole worldview would be shattered. You have to play the game, right?
20-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:" who but God could come on earth and live a perfectly sinless life? "
You sure about that?
Ask and ye shall receive:
Genesis 17:1
When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless (tamiym).
Deuteronomy 18:13
You must be blameless (tamiym) before the LORD your God.
Psalms 119:1 
Blessed are they whose ways are blameless (tamiym), who walk according to the law of the LORD.
Proverbs 2:21
 For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless (tamiym) will remain in it;
Proverbs 11:5
The righteousness of the blameless (tamiym) makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness.
Ezekiel 28:15
You were blameless (tamiym) in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.
Job 2:3
Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless (tam) and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."
Job 8:20
 "Surely God does not reject a blameless (tam) man or strengthen the hands of evildoers.
Psalms 37:37
37 Consider the blameless (tam), observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace.

Just saying
[+] 1 user Likes Agnostic Shane's post
20-03-2016, 10:20 PM
(20-03-2016 12:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Cotw, unlike Bucky I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that Jesus Chris did somehow rise from the dead and God does exist.

I prefer to hear your logic more than your belief however.
Can you tell me why should it matter to me if Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

Ok, so is there any known law of nature that will allow a person to be dead for three days, and come back to life after those three days? Probably not, right?

So when a man tells you that he will die, and rise from the dead three days later...and he does EXACTLY what the said he would do...you wouldn't listen to what he has to say? It wouldn't matter?

First of all, if it DID happen...that would completely destroy the naturalistic worldview, wouldn't it? So naturalism would be defeated with that act alone (even though it is already a self-defeating concept).

I don't know about you, but I am putting all of my eggs in the basket of the man that told me he would rise from the dead, and actually doing it. Now maybe that doesn't matter to you, but it matters to me and the billions of other Christians around the world.
20-03-2016, 10:23 PM
(20-03-2016 01:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  Your stated purpose in starting this thread was to ask us the question - not to tell us why our answers were wrong. You just wanted another pointless thread to preach in - you weren't interested in the answers in the first place. Fucken troll.

Again, I apologize for allowing my questions to lead to actual discussions. I am soo sorry...I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I will be more careful next time.

I will not allow my questions to lead to actual discussions again. Please forgive me, Your Majesty. I am forever at your mercy, oh great one Bowing
20-03-2016, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 10:31 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(20-03-2016 10:20 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Cotw, unlike Bucky I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that Jesus Chris did somehow rise from the dead and God does exist.

I prefer to hear your logic more than your belief however.
Can you tell me why should it matter to me if Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

Ok, so is there any known law of nature that will allow a person to be dead for three days, and come back to life after those three days? Probably not, right?

So when a man tells you that he will die, and rise from the dead three days later...and he does EXACTLY what the said he would do...you wouldn't listen to what he has to say? It wouldn't matter?

First of all, if it DID happen...that would completely destroy the naturalistic worldview, wouldn't it? So naturalism would be defeated with that act alone (even though it is already a self-defeating concept).

I don't know about you, but I am putting all of my eggs in the basket of the man that told me he would rise from the dead, and actually doing it. Now maybe that doesn't matter to you, but it matters to me and the billions of other Christians around the world.
What if I told you everything you said happened I believe happened in the exact same way you just described.
It's possible it matters to a lot of people, but....
Why should this matter to me? Why should I show any emotions or feelings towards God or Jesus?
20-03-2016, 10:30 PM
(20-03-2016 10:33 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  How can the idea of god upset me? god doesn't exist. Something that doesn't exist can't upset me.

How do you know that God doesn't exist? Now, that is just a simple, basic, fundamental question...

The man made a claim of knowledge, he claimed that "God doesn't exist", which is an absolute statement, isn't it? Now, since he made an absolute statement, that means that he must "know" that God doesn't exist..

Now, again...I asked him "How do you know that God doesn't exist". Pretty simple question, right? Now, lets behold his answer. Let's see..
20-03-2016, 10:32 PM
(20-03-2016 12:07 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Finally, someone actually has evidence. I'm so ready to stop being angry at god and believe again.

Alright bruh, let's have that evidence. Rolleyes

That requires a thread of its own, broham.
20-03-2016, 10:34 PM
(20-03-2016 10:30 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 10:33 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  How can the idea of god upset me? god doesn't exist. Something that doesn't exist can't upset me.

How do you know that God doesn't exist? Now, that is just a simple, basic, fundamental question...

The man made a claim of knowledge, he claimed that "God doesn't exist", which is an absolute statement, isn't it? Now, since he made an absolute statement, that means that he must "know" that God doesn't exist..

Now, again...I asked him "How do you know that God doesn't exist". Pretty simple question, right? Now, lets behold his answer. Let's see..
In my case:
I don't know.

I'm curious to see where you are going with this.