Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-03-2016, 10:41 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(20-03-2016 10:16 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:" who but God could come on earth and live a perfectly sinless life? "
You sure about that?
Ask and ye shall receive:
Genesis 17:1
When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless (tamiym).
Deuteronomy 18:13
You must be blameless (tamiym) before the LORD your God.
Psalms 119:1 
Blessed are they whose ways are blameless (tamiym), who walk according to the law of the LORD.
Proverbs 2:21
 For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless (tamiym) will remain in it;
Proverbs 11:5
The righteousness of the blameless (tamiym) makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness.
Ezekiel 28:15
You were blameless (tamiym) in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.
Job 2:3
Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless (tam) and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."
Job 8:20
 "Surely God does not reject a blameless (tam) man or strengthen the hands of evildoers.
Psalms 37:37
37 Consider the blameless (tam), observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace.

Just saying

To be "blameless" does not mean "morally perfect"...if that were the case, then Jesus wouldn't have died for the sins of the WORLD as scriptures clearly indicate...and you wouldn't have have Paul saying "For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 10:46 PM
(20-03-2016 10:24 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  What if I told you everything you said happened I believe happened in the exact same way you just described.
It's possible it matters to a lot of people, but....
Why should this matter to me? Why should I show any emotions or feelings towards God or Jesus?

Because when you sin, you offend a Holy God. You deserve to die. However, there is someone out there that really loves you, and he died in the place of you. He died so that you won't have to die...and you probably don't know anyone that will die for something that YOU'VE done...do you? Or better yet, ask anyone would they die for something that you did?

Well, Jesus died for something that you did, and you owe him your attention, your gratitude, and even your human life, should you be called upon to lay it down for him.

That is why. As far as the Father is concerned, he gave up his Son so that YOU wouldn't die. Would you give up your son to die so that another person may live? Probably not.

So therefore, just as it is with Jesus, you owe the Father your attention, gratitude, and your very life, should you be called upon to lay it down for him.

That is why you should show feelings and emotions towards God.
20-03-2016, 11:12 PM
(20-03-2016 10:46 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  That is why. As far as the Father is concerned, he gave up his Son so that YOU wouldn't die.

But Jesus is god, the father and the holy ghost.

So with this basic tenet of Insanity, oops sorry, Xianity in mind, how could god sacrifice himself to appease himself in order to forgive his creation for his responsibility of having created it???

HuhHuhHuh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-03-2016, 11:13 PM
(20-03-2016 10:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:07 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Finally, someone actually has evidence. I'm so ready to stop being angry at god and believe again.

Alright bruh, let's have that evidence. Rolleyes

That requires a thread of its own, broham.

No it doesn't. Brother.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-03-2016, 11:19 PM
(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 06:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You question is meaningless. There IS empirical evidence they exist.
(I've also seen them).
You really don't read the replies to your stuff, do you ?
Bucky there is a disconnect between empirical evidence and non empirical evidence.
Once you have no direct perception of a thing it is not empirical evidence for you. It may be empirical evidence for someone else, but I am not arguing that.

A meaningless, irrational string of words. Are you drunk or on drugs ?

(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The very definition of empirical evidence shows its subjective nature.

False.

(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The person that has directly experienced the empirical evidence has a belief in the seen (by them).

False. It's not "belief" by definition, at that point. You have no clue what you are talking about.

(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The person that has not experienced the empirical evidence but still accepts that the thing exists is believing in the unseen (by them).

So fucking what ? What EXACTLY are you even arguing about here then ?
You're basically saying, either way, one cannot know anything.
You are insane.

(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Do you think believing in what someone else has seen and you have not is the same as believing in the seen? Is this rational? I think it might be very rational but it's not the seeing that makes it rational, it's a lot more than that.

Wrong. If it's confirmed by RELIABLE and repeatable EVIDENCE, it's reliable. You *trust* nothing and no one. You are insane. All this time you have been claiming "science this and science that". Now you are denying the very thing you claimed as reliable. You need help. Badly.

(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I don't think believing in the existence of a God is rational but not because I don't observe God.

How nice for you. No shit, Sherlock.

(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I don't consider belief in the unseen to be irrational & if it is then it is quite possible we are all guilty of being irrational in our beliefs.

You do not understand the very words ("empirical") you throw around.

(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  P S. I have read the replies to my question and the above point has not been objected to are argued against. I am awaiting a response to the points raise so that I may either address it or admit my failed logic.

Is not a sentence in the English language. You have no clue what you are saying or arguing for, (or against). Get help.

You are so fucked up.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-03-2016, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 11:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-03-2016 06:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Bucky there is a disconnect between empirical evidence and non empirical evidence.

No shit. But you don't get what either is.

http://www.compoundchem.com/2015/04/09/s...-evidence/
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reliable
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeatability
https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=...ON&f=false
http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=sear...-00427-002

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-03-2016, 11:24 PM
(20-03-2016 10:46 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As far as the Father is concerned, he gave up his Son so that YOU wouldn't die.

But we die anyway. Maybe not today; maybe not tomorrow; but soon, and for the rest of eternity. No credible evidence for eternal life, none at all.

Quote: Would you give up your son to die so that another person may live? Probably not.

If I had 1/1000th of the powers that the god of the Bible supposedly has, I wouldn't have to kill someone so that someone else could live. The CruciFiction is an epic fail.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
20-03-2016, 11:25 PM
(20-03-2016 10:13 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Of course you don't view the Gospels as credible or historically accurate documents..because if you did, your whole worldview would be shattered. You have to play the game, right?

No game, COTW. I literally do not know what it is like to have religious faith, and when I look at the Bible all I see is fairytales.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
20-03-2016, 11:28 PM
(20-03-2016 10:46 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As far as the Father is concerned, he gave up his Son so that YOU wouldn't die.

Bullshit.
That means your god is SUBJECT to the laws of reality, and not its master.

That's no god.
A really merciful god would just (be able to) say "I forgive you".
Your god is a weakling, and an angry fool.

[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-03-2016, 11:32 PM
(20-03-2016 11:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  But Jesus is god, the father and the holy ghost.

So with this basic tenet of Insanity, oops sorry, Xianity in mind, how could god sacrifice himself to appease himself in order to forgive his creation for his responsibility of having created it???

At best the "sacrificed" god is analogous to a RAID 5 array wherein one of three hard drives suffered a catastrophic hardware malfunction and it took IT staff the whole weekend to order in a replacement drive and get it up and running.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post