Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-03-2016, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016 08:10 AM by true scotsman.)
RE: Question for atheists...
(20-03-2016 10:30 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  How do you know that God doesn't exist? Now, that is just a simple, basic, fundamental question...

Now, again...I asked him "How do you know that God doesn't exist". Pretty simple question, right? Now, lets behold his answer. Let's see..
Behold, existence has primacy in the relationship between consciousness and existence. A simple, basic fundamental principle which slashes off theism at is root, absolutely, unless one is irrational.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2016, 09:20 AM
(21-03-2016 07:11 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Behold, existence has primacy in the relationship between consciousness and existence. A simple, basic fundamental principle which slashes off theism at is root, absolutely, unless one is irrational.

Bruh, I still don't get it Laugh out load
21-03-2016, 09:23 AM
(21-03-2016 02:42 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I called you an (un-capitalised) christard or can't you read?

Oh, I definitely read it, but as long as "Christ" is within the phrase, it will CONTINUE to be capitalize. If you don't like it, tough doo-doo.
21-03-2016, 09:25 AM
(20-03-2016 11:32 PM)Astreja Wrote:  At best the "sacrificed" god is analogous to a RAID 5 array wherein one of three hard drives suffered a catastrophic hardware malfunction and it took IT staff the whole weekend to order in a replacement drive and get it up and running.

(21-03-2016 03:25 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Should have gone to SpecSavers (does that translate?) or Raid 6 methinks.

Polytheistic religions have much better IT departments. Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2016, 09:29 AM
(21-03-2016 02:50 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  It is for those that assert that god exists to prove that he does.

Bullshit. The burden of proof is on anyone that is making a claim. You made a claim, now prove it. If you can't prove it, then you don't "know" anything. You just made an empty statement, because you certainly can't prove a damn thing.

(21-03-2016 02:50 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Mine is merely a response to an assertion that has, after 2,000 years+, still not yet met its burden of proof.

Yeah, and over 7,000+ years of human civilization, mankind still haven't seen any reptile-bird kind of transformation. That aside, what is the "burden of proof". What is the standard to be met there?
21-03-2016, 09:38 AM
(21-03-2016 09:29 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yeah, and over 7,000+ years of human civilization, mankind still haven't seen any reptile-bird kind of transformation. That aside, what is the "burden of proof". What is the standard to be met there?

Oh, so you still fundamentally refuse to understand the theory of evolution, despite it being explained to you time and time again? Color me not surprised.

[Image: Dunce-cap-in-corner.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-03-2016, 09:40 AM
(21-03-2016 07:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Still dodging any point you can't actually handle, I see.

SMH. Children, please..

(21-03-2016 07:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Quite right. It's a good thing that it isn't just assertion.

Voodoo science is what it is.

(21-03-2016 07:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Mmmmmnope.
Another entry on the list of scientific topics you do not understand and actively refuse to research, then.

Dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, fish produce fish. If there is anything contrary to that, I haven't seen it yet.

(21-03-2016 07:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No.

Why can't similarities in genetics mean common designer? See, that is the closed-mindedness I was talking about. Common designer isn't even a consideration, because your naturalistic worldview is so dominant and embedded into your brain.

(21-03-2016 07:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  More failure to understand the genetic algorithm, resulting in false comparison and repetition of already-refuted points. Here's a hint: rock does not reproduce with variation, and is not subject to selection pressures. Since the genetic algorithm requires both - in fact, it rather is the two of them - it does not apply.

As for the human eye, do some basic Googling. We know how the eye evolved. It's one of the most widely studied organs in evolutionary biology. Ten seconds' research would have told you this.

And, because it's painfully obvious where this is going, no, there is no such thing as irreducible complexity.

More bio-babble, I see. I would humor you with this, but I don't have the energy to indulge fully with old prey Laugh out load

Give me a couple weeks.

(21-03-2016 07:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  That is not evidence, and the question you are so preoccupied with is utterly irrelevant to the question in hand.

Actually, my question is relevant to what we were discussing. We were discussing the origins of the disciples belief in the Resurrection. You stated that "just because they believed it, doesn't make it true"...and I simply asked you what will it take for you to BELIEVE that you saw Big Foot?

The question is in line with the conversation, and I don't know why you are so hesitant to answer it. Probably because you know where it is going.

(21-03-2016 07:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Ask me after you've managed to land a hit.

Laugh out load
21-03-2016, 09:41 AM
(21-03-2016 09:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, so you still fundamentally refuse to understand the theory of evolution, despite it being explained to you time and time again? Color me not surprised.

Dogs produce dogs, people.
21-03-2016, 09:43 AM
(21-03-2016 02:36 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  And you know all this because?

Because of what? Some ancient tales that got invented and passed down by word of mouth and modified to suit each generation and finally written down?

Even if your god did exist, are you seriously asking me to believe and pray to a god that is this sick. Seriously?Laughat

No matter what I believe, it still isn't worse than believing that a process that can't see giving you vision, and a process that can't think giving you a brain, WITH consciousness on the side.
21-03-2016, 09:46 AM
(20-03-2016 11:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  But Jesus is god, the father and the holy ghost.

So with this basic tenet of Insanity, oops sorry, Xianity in mind, how could god sacrifice himself to appease himself in order to forgive his creation for his responsibility of having created it???

HuhHuhHuh

That is a fundamental misunderstanding of the Trinity doctrine. Geez, you almost sound like a Jehovah's Witness with that logic Laugh out load