Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-03-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(20-03-2016 11:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  No it doesn't. Brother.

I see what you did there Laugh out load Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2016, 09:52 AM
(20-03-2016 11:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  But we die anyway. Maybe not today; maybe not tomorrow; but soon, and for the rest of eternity. No credible evidence for eternal life, none at all.

Then there is also no credible evidence for inanimate matter coming to life in the first place. Instead of worrying about whether there is life after death, how about worrying about how non-living matter suddenly/gradually became LIVING, BREATHING, TALKING, and thinking.

(20-03-2016 11:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  If I had 1/1000th of the powers that the god of the Bible supposedly has, I wouldn't have to kill someone so that someone else could live.

Ohhh, so if you were God, you would have done things differently/better? Well, too bad you ain't God, and God ain't you.

(20-03-2016 11:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The CruciFiction is an epic fail.

Then so is evolution, which is ScienceFiction.
21-03-2016, 09:52 AM
(21-03-2016 09:29 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 02:50 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  It is for those that assert that god exists to prove that he does.

Bullshit. The burden of proof is on anyone that is making a claim. You made a claim, now prove it. If you can't prove it, then you don't "know" anything. You just made an empty statement, because you certainly can't prove a damn thing.

(21-03-2016 02:50 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Mine is merely a response to an assertion that has, after 2,000 years+, still not yet met its burden of proof.

Yeah, and over 7,000+ years of human civilization, mankind still haven't seen any reptile-bird kind of transformation. That aside, what is the "burden of proof". What is the standard to be met there?
Facepalm

It is quite obvious you either lack the ability to comprehend what people type, or you comprehend it fully but resort to tired apologetics to attempt to slither out of a discussion.
21-03-2016, 09:53 AM
(21-03-2016 09:41 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, so you still fundamentally refuse to understand the theory of evolution, despite it being explained to you time and time again? Color me not surprised.

Dogs produce dogs, people.
Facepalm more of the same...
21-03-2016, 09:54 AM
(20-03-2016 11:25 PM)Astreja Wrote:  No game, COTW. I literally do not know what it is like to have religious faith, and when I look at the Bible all I see is fairytales.

Yeah, and saying that a reptile evolved into a bird over billions of years is like watching Transformers, in VERY, VERY, VERY , slow motion.
21-03-2016, 09:57 AM
im curious COW, do you consider a human and an orangutan to be the same ''kind'' of animal?
21-03-2016, 09:57 AM
(20-03-2016 10:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  In my case:
I don't know.

I'm curious to see where you are going with this.

Simple. The statement "God exists" is a claim that when you say it; the average atheists will say "Prove it. Where is your evidence". They just can't wait for a chance to debunk theistic arguments, and they are more than happy to utter the words "prove it".

Well, in the same way, "God doesn't exist" is also a claim. An absolute claim to knowledge, which also opens to door up for a "Prove it. Where is your evidence".

See how that works?
21-03-2016, 09:58 AM
(21-03-2016 09:52 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:29 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Bullshit. The burden of proof is on anyone that is making a claim. You made a claim, now prove it. If you can't prove it, then you don't "know" anything. You just made an empty statement, because you certainly can't prove a damn thing.

Yeah, and over 7,000+ years of human civilization, mankind still haven't seen any reptile-bird kind of transformation. That aside, what is the "burden of proof". What is the standard to be met there?
Facepalm

It is quite obvious you either lack the ability to comprehend what people type, or you comprehend it fully but resort to tired apologetics to attempt to slither out of a discussion.

I said "mankind still haven't seen any reptile-bird kind of transformation". That is a fact, sir.
21-03-2016, 10:01 AM
(21-03-2016 09:57 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  im curious COW, do you consider a human and an orangutan to be the same ''kind'' of animal?

No. Humans aren't animals, in my (and the Bible's) view.
21-03-2016, 10:02 AM
(21-03-2016 09:20 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 07:11 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Behold, existence has primacy in the relationship between consciousness and existence. A simple, basic fundamental principle which slashes off theism at is root, absolutely, unless one is irrational.

Bruh, I still don't get it Laugh out load

That's patently false. You demonstrated that you do understand it when you made use of it, borrowing from my atheistic philosophy to make the point that asserting something doesn't make it true. Now you claim ignorance. I'm not buying it.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick