Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-03-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(21-03-2016 10:50 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 10:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Tell me, does it take effort to be as fucking stupid as you are? Like, do you have to pay your pastor to monitor your internet traffic so that you don't accidentally encounter any facts? Do you spend time running head first into concrete walls? What about self administering bleach enemas? Enjoy starting into the sun for hours at a time? Or do you drop just trousers and start fucking your front lawn while your neighbors watch in horrified disbelief?

Because your astounding level of purposeful ignorance would be impressive, if it wasn't so fucking terrifying. Like 'flying airplanes into skyscrapers and killing thousands of innocent civilians' sort of terrifying.

Fucking epic!!

Ab so fucking lutely true! Bowing
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
21-03-2016, 10:58 AM
(21-03-2016 10:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 10:50 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Fucking epic!!

Ab so fucking lutely true! Bowing

I say Deesse23, old boy, your English is absolutely fucking top hole, what.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
21-03-2016, 11:13 AM
(21-03-2016 09:29 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 02:50 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  It is for those that assert that god exists to prove that he does.

Bullshit. The burden of proof is on anyone that is making a claim. You made a claim, now prove it. If you can't prove it, then you don't "know" anything. You just made an empty statement, because you certainly can't prove a damn thing.
This is so funny; a complete reversal of the actual logic involved! You claim gods exist, therefore logically the onus lies on you to substantiate your claim with empirical evidence. If I claim that I can fly, I have to prove it by jumping off the roof. It's not up to you to "disprove" that I can fly. The onus lies wholly on me. (As it does with believers in gods.)

Quote:Yeah, and over 7,000+ years of human civilization, mankind still haven't seen any reptile-bird kind of transformation. That aside, what is the "burden of proof".
Here beginneth the lesson:

Birds evolved from small carnivorous dinosaurs from the Late Jurassic period, which was proved by recently discovered fossils from China and South America. The first ancestor of extant birds was a specimen of Archaeopteryx, discovered in 1861. It had feathers along its arms and tail, but unlike living birds, it also had teeth and a long bony tail. Additionally, many of the bones in Archaeopteryx's hands, shoulder girdles, pelvis, and feet were distinct, rather than fused and reduced as they are today in birds. Based on those characteristics, Archaeopteryx was acknowledged as an intermediate between birds and reptiles.

—I hope you took notes?

And this fossil forms a major part of the burden of proof you demand (that, ironically, you can't provide for your god's existence).

[Image: _47819926_wogelius1-2.jpg]

You're welcome. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
21-03-2016, 11:26 AM
(21-03-2016 09:52 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Then there is also no credible evidence for inanimate matter coming to life in the first place...

...Yet.

We already have amino acid synthesis in the laboratory (Miller-Urey experiment, early 1950s) and we also have RNA synthesis. DNA synthesis is next.

If you and I are both still alive when (not "if") biologists succeed in creating life from non-life, I expect nothing less than your unconditional surrender and repudiation of your silly-ass beliefs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
21-03-2016, 11:26 AM
(20-03-2016 06:29 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 05:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  For the umpteenth time, atheism is not a belief system. Drinking Beverage
And for the umpteenth time
Who said it was a belief system?
Are you saying atheists are incapable of having a belief in anything?
Do you speak on behalf of all Atheists?

Do you believe the Pyramids of Egypt exist regardless of any empirical evidence? Is that not a belief in the unseen?
I believe in many things, but God is not one of them.
I am an Agnostic Atheist as far as God is concerned but I prefer the term skeptic since I don't think I should limit my world view to just God related beliefs.
I don't know if my beliefs are absolutely true & it doesn't bother me that much.

By comparing atheism and theism you are implying that they are somehow comparable and doing so implies that atheism is a belief system.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Archaeopteryx has been brought up multiple times previously, I'm afraid. Call simply ignores it. After all, it can't be a transitional fossil, because those don't exist. It can't be evidence of evolution, because evolution doesn't happen. And it certainly can't be exactly the type of thing that proves him wrong in every particular, because he's right, don'tcherknow.

Every post made in response to Call in this thread may as well have been copied and pasted from the last, because he always brings up the exact same stupidity every time. My posts in particular feel as though I've written them before.

Probably because I have. It doesn't take much to refute his idiocy. It just results in a "SMH" dodge, and then a fringe reset about three pages later where he brings up the same point again.

It's like living in a Star Trek time loop, only infinitely less entertaining.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
21-03-2016, 11:30 AM
(20-03-2016 10:20 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(20-03-2016 12:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Cotw, unlike Bucky I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that Jesus Chris did somehow rise from the dead and God does exist.

I prefer to hear your logic more than your belief however.
Can you tell me why should it matter to me if Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

Ok, so is there any known law of nature that will allow a person to be dead for three days, and come back to life after those three days? Probably not, right?

So when a man tells you that he will die, and rise from the dead three days later...and he does EXACTLY what the said he would do...you wouldn't listen to what he has to say? It wouldn't matter?

First of all, if it DID happen...that would completely destroy the naturalistic worldview, wouldn't it? So naturalism would be defeated with that act alone (even though it is already a self-defeating concept).

I don't know about you, but I am putting all of my eggs in the basket of the man that told me he would rise from the dead, and actually doing it. Now maybe that doesn't matter to you, but it matters to me and the billions of other Christians around the world.

Two days, not three. Do you even math? Consider

You believe an ancient myth for which there is no evidence. Have fun with that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-03-2016, 11:33 AM
(21-03-2016 10:01 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:57 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  im curious COW, do you consider a human and an orangutan to be the same ''kind'' of animal?

No. Humans aren't animals, in my (and the Bible's) view.

You should run along home now, little boy. You are way out of your depth. You are getting so badly beaten up, you should be embarrassed. If not, I'll be embarrassed for you.Laughat

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
21-03-2016, 11:39 AM
(21-03-2016 11:29 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Archaeopteryx has been brought up multiple times previously, I'm afraid. Call simply ignores it. After all, it can't be a transitional fossil, because those don't exist. It can't be evidence of evolution, because evolution doesn't happen. And it certainly can't be exactly the type of thing that proves him wrong in every particular, because he's right, don'tcherknow.

Well, unless you can show CotW exactly the kind of evidence that would disprove evolution, such as the transmutation of one species into another or impossible crossbreeding, then to him evolution simply doesn't exist.

[Image: bearsharktopus-bear-shark-octopus-manbea...ar-pig.jpg]

^This is what CotW thinks evolution should look like. Because he's a lawn-humping moron.^

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-03-2016, 11:45 AM
(21-03-2016 10:52 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 10:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  What dog exactly produced this dog?

[Image: 1304517600000.jpg]

what the hell is that monstrosity?

Tasmanian Tiger or Tasmanian Wolf.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post