Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-03-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(21-03-2016 12:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 12:43 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  From "dogs produce dogs" to "i doubt evolution by questioning abiogenesis" in a shorter time than it takes my car to get to 100km/h.

Hey Deesse...do dogs produce dogs? Yes or no?

Come on cotw, you scrote. We are waiting with baited breath for your first cause bollox that proves that it was 'your god wot dunnit', as opposed to the other 4,199 other deities (not including the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster et all of course).

Come on, don't take all day boy.

We are waiting.

Come on boy, hurry up.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2016, 01:31 PM
(21-03-2016 01:17 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 01:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Yeah, that was about my first thought, too.

For those who missed the last installment of "Call_of_the_Wild Thinks He Understands Philosophy", he served up, unmodified and without irony, the Kalam cosmological argument and Plantinga's modal formulation of the ontological argument. The latter of these was even stated, by its author, to fail to prove its conclusion.

Both the cosmological and ontological arguments, in all their variations (which are basically just a handful of lackwits swapping a handful of words for impressive-sounding synonyms and then trying to take credit for the whole shebang) for God's existence have been established as fallacious for literally centuries. Their issues were pointed out time and again in the previous discussion, and yet here Call is again, "threatening" to present them, unaltered and without any consideration of what he should have learned by now, once again.

How could we have possibly seen this coming?

If Kalam and ontological argument is all you have for the creator of fucken everything, then you really dont have a lot.
21-03-2016, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016 01:37 PM by Astreja.)
(21-03-2016 12:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The Miller-Urey experiment is primitive. It has long been debunked in the sense that the early environmental conditions that scientists now BELIEVE was the case back then DOES NOT reflect the conditions that Miller'nem used.

Link to a peer-reviewed study confirming your assertion, please?

Regardless, Miller-Urey was only about 60 years ago. Research-wise, it is roughly analogous to the the Wright brothers' flight at Kitty Hawk, or to Alexander Graham-Bell's first phone call.

By the time abiogenesis research is as old as Christianity currently is, I have no doubt that we will not only be creating cells but entire replacement organs, with genetic diseases engineered out of them.

Meanwhile, any Christians who remain will still be trying to get their prayers work on a consistent basis and will still be using "Yes, no, wait" rationalization for their imaginary friend's failure to heal the sick and rescue those in mortal danger.

Quote:Well, you continue to wait on man to create life from non-life...and believers will continue to wait on the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. You wait, and we wait, and we will see which one comes first.

No, I'm going to bet it all on science. FFS, there are things that any one of us has done in the last 24 hours that would have instantly raised us to godly status had we done them in Biblical times. Light at the flick of a switch! Hot food in seconds! Magic chariots with no horses! Clear walls that let in the sunlight but keep out the wind and rain! A lowly smartphone would have been awesome 50 years ago. Even without a signal (not many cell phone towers around in 30 CE), imagine how much more awesome it would have seemed back then.

Humanity continues to make this world into a paradise, one discovery at a time, and I expect this trend to continue indefinitely unless eschatology junkies manage to blow us all to smithereens in the names of their various imaginary friends.

As for Jesus, if there ever was such a person he is now just broken bone shards in a mass grave under the streets of modern-day Jerusalem. He can't save anyone, not even himself. Don't wait up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Astreja's post
21-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Hey cotw, you scrote, you may want to give some thought to a first cause in the absence of a space-time continuum because cause and effect, well, shall we just say, is fun.

You might also want to think about a creator for your god too and where he existed pre-universe or is all this getting too much for his iddy-biddy brain?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
21-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Quote:Hey Deesse...do dogs produce dogs? Yes or no?

Are you planning to stay willfully ignorant on purpose?
21-03-2016, 01:35 PM
(21-03-2016 12:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 10:06 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  It's been provided in the form of a valid and sound syllogism which stands unrefuted to this day.

Let me guess, a syllogism regarding the primacy of existence, correct?
Yes. That's right and it still remains unrefuted. In fact in this very thread you have conceded that it's premise is true. You've made use of it in your attempt to defend your faith commitment. You don't even realize this and you claim to have an omniscient mind on your side. Why didn't this mind warn you not to do this. Why can't you be consistent with your worldview's premises?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
21-03-2016, 01:39 PM
(21-03-2016 12:45 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 10:02 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  That's patently false. You demonstrated that you do understand it when you made use of it, borrowing from my atheistic philosophy to make the point that asserting something doesn't make it true. Now you claim ignorance. I'm not buying it.

Huh

Still in the dark. That omniscient friend of yours continues to leave you twisting. I'd think that someone who fashions himself as an apologist would know his own worldview's fundamentals.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
21-03-2016, 01:58 PM
(21-03-2016 01:34 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Quote:Hey Deesse...do dogs produce dogs? Yes or no?

Are you planning to stay willfully ignorant on purpose?

Oh, have you figured yet, what "kind" the Thylacine is?
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
21-03-2016, 02:00 PM
(21-03-2016 01:58 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 01:34 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Are you planning to stay willfully ignorant on purpose?

I'm still waiting for a clear definition of "kind". Defining "micro" and "macro" evolution would be cool too. Does a whole lotta micros add up to a macro? Or is that just silly? Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
21-03-2016, 02:19 PM
(21-03-2016 01:58 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 01:34 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Are you planning to stay willfully ignorant on purpose?

He has too many questions that he doesn't know the answer to.

He'll probably come back as a sock puppet - if he wasn't one already.