Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-03-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
Bruh, dogs produce dogs. I don't care how red your face gets. I don't care how much smoke comes out of your ears in anger. I don't care how "tough" you type your words. NOt really are you not aware that all dogs descended from wolves? Wolves produced dogs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2016, 06:51 PM
(21-03-2016 10:06 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:57 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Simple. The statement "God exists" is a claim that when you say it; the average atheists will say "Prove it. Where is your evidence". They just can't wait for a chance to debunk theistic arguments, and they are more than happy to utter the words "prove it".

Well, in the same way, "God doesn't exist" is also a claim. An absolute claim to knowledge, which also opens to door up for a "Prove it. Where is your evidence".

See how that works?

It's been provided in the form of a valid and sound syllogism which stands unrefuted to this day.
Cotw. I'm a bit different than the average Atheist. I don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean I believe God doesn't exist either.
I'm what most people call Agnostic, but I prefer the term Skeptic.
That being said I enjoy listening to the logic of others and determining if their conclusions make sense from a logical standpoint.
I respect logical claims even if they aren't necessarily true and I have never used profanity to reply on these forums. I hope this will encourage you to communicate with me.
I do not troll posters on these forums unless I believe they are a troll themselves.
At present I do not believe you are a troll and I do not always follow the masses.

I am not going to ask you to prove that God exists, because I believe "proof" is an illusion as far as objective reality is concerned.
I am willing to temporarily accept your claim that God exists & Jesus is his only begotten son if you would be willing to give me one good reason why it should be of any importance to me.

If this thread is too cluttered for us to have a public discussion I invite you to take it to the boxing ring.

I look forward to your response.
21-03-2016, 06:59 PM
(21-03-2016 06:51 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Cotw. I'm a bit different than the average Atheist.

Oh, you certainly are that.

Quote:I am not going to ask you to prove that God exists, because I believe "proof" is an illusion as far as objective reality is concerned.
I am willing to temporarily accept your claim that God exists & Jesus is his only begotten son if you would be willing to give me one good reason why it should be of any importance to me.

And that is why in a nutshell.

What the actual fuck even is this post.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
21-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Agnostic Shane vs. CoW? Please make this happen.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
22-03-2016, 12:10 AM
(21-03-2016 07:10 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Agnostic Shane vs. CoW? Please make this happen.

Even though I'd only be reading half the posts... still the entertainment value would be four times the pleasure. Big Grin
22-03-2016, 12:16 AM
(21-03-2016 04:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 12:58 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  But it does not depend on how that life came to be.

Try again. Preferably with at least thirty seconds' worth of research this time.

Now notice how you didn't address what I said in full. I gave REASONS why abiogenesis is a problem for the theory of evolution, yet instead of addressing the actual REASONS I gave, you just simply made your typical blank ass assertion of "it does not depend on how life came to be".

In fact, you've done this on at least three other occasions. ADDRESS what I SAID about WHY abiogenesis is a PROBLEM. I put it OUT THERE for you to ADDRESS IT, yet you conveniently IGNORED it because you know that it is a problem for your theory. You've done the same thing regarding my question of "What will it take for you to believe that you saw Big Foot" in reference to the discussion of the origins of the disciples belief.

You just blatantly ignored it. Sad.

Come on cotw, you scrote. We are waiting with baited breath for your first cause bollox that proves that it was 'your god wot dunnit', as opposed to the other 4,199 other deities (not including the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster et all of course).

Come on, don't take all day boy.

We are waiting.

Come on boy, hurry up.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
22-03-2016, 01:38 AM
(21-03-2016 07:10 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Agnostic Shane vs. CoW? Please make this happen.

Grabs a Coke and some Popcorn
22-03-2016, 03:47 AM
(22-03-2016 01:38 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

Grabs a Coke and some Popcorn

Agnostic Shane vs. CoW?

The blind leading the deaf?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
22-03-2016, 05:36 AM

That could result in an ignorance singularity that would send major ripples through the fabric of spacetime.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
22-03-2016, 05:43 AM
Call of the Wild and Agnostic Shane???????????????????

I had previously decided that they are one and the same insane person. split personality perchance, but one and the same also Kind of like a 3 in one Dog or spell it backwards.