Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
22-03-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(22-03-2016 11:03 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 01:01 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Fuck me. Is that it you cretin? A first cause is necessary. Therefore it must be your god out of all the 4,200 other gods - not counting the giant flying spaghetti monster et al. Tell me that you have better than this. Please.

The argument from a First Cause doesn't say WHICH God did it, but it is enough to prove that a God did it...and that is all that is needed to defeat YOUR particular worldview. All it takes is for evidence of at least ONE god, and naturalism is defeated.

Second, yeah, it must be my God (Christianity) over all other gods based on the ARGUMENTS that can be given regarding the Resurrection of Jesus. That is how we can zone in on Christianity as opposed to other religions.

See how that works. And you was so sure of yourself, wasn't you? Laugh out load

So come on you twat - offer the proof of a god - we are waitiing. Also, whilst you are at it, offer proof that jebus existed if you are going to offer zombie boy as proof of your god, although I don't see a logical connection between zombie boy and some non-existent god.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2016, 11:39 AM

#sigh
22-03-2016, 11:40 AM
The champ.Tongue

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
22-03-2016, 11:44 AM
(21-03-2016 05:06 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 04:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I gave REASONS why abiogenesis is a problem for the theory of evolution

No. You didn't.

The rest of your post was ignored because it was stupid. Painfully so. And, in any case, the response boils down to exactly what I said before.

You didn't make an argument. You made a series of rambling, disconnected statements which absolutely failed to establish that evolution depends on abiogenesis. I'm sure you believe you made an argument, but as these discussions stand as testament, what you believe and what is actually true are rarely the same thing.

Evolution happens whether abiogenesis is true or a god created the organisms in question. You seem to be assuming that evolution demands that there is no god, which is nonsense; evolution does not give a damn about the existence or non-existence of gods or their possible involvement in the creation of life. It deals strictly with what happens once life exists. Whether or not a god created it is utterly irrelevant.

This is not a complicated concept. But then, nothing put to you thus far has been, and you haven't understood a word, so I really don't think anyone is the least bit surprised here.

If abiogenesis is false, how can evolution be true? Just answer the freakin' question. If abiogenesis is a FALSE CONCEPT...how can evolution be true?? Tell me.
22-03-2016, 11:45 AM
(22-03-2016 11:28 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Repost:
Cotw. I'm a bit different than the average Atheist. I don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean I believe God doesn't exist either.
I'm what most people call Agnostic, but I prefer the term Skeptic.
That being said I enjoy listening to the logic of others and determining if their conclusions make sense from a logical standpoint.
I respect logical claims even if they aren't necessarily true and I have never used profanity to reply on these forums. I hope this will encourage you to communicate with me.
I do not troll posters on these forums unless I believe they are a troll themselves.
At present I do not believe you are a troll and I do not always follow the masses.

I am not going to ask you to prove that God exists, because I believe "proof" is an illusion as far as objective reality is concerned.
I am willing to temporarily accept your claim that God exists & Jesus is his only begotten son if you would be willing to give me one good reason why it should be of any importance to me.

If this thread is too cluttered for us to have a public discussion I invite you to take it to the boxing ring.

I look forward to your response.

Much respect. I am willing to have a discussion with you regarding the question of "Why should the existence of God/Jesus be of any importance to me". However, I don't think it is a subject that requires the boxing ring. But yeah, lets have at it Yes

Come along boy - where's the proof?

Come along boy, we don't have all day.

We've been waiting since yesterday for you to speak up and here we are, still waiting.

Oh, get a move on boy.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
22-03-2016, 11:45 AM

#sigh
22-03-2016, 11:47 AM
(22-03-2016 09:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's not how it works, you ignorant child.

That is how it works, catman.

You don't have a clue as to how science works or how knowledge is acquired and validated.

Read some non-fiction books for a change. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2016, 11:48 AM
(22-03-2016 11:44 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 05:06 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No. You didn't.

The rest of your post was ignored because it was stupid. Painfully so. And, in any case, the response boils down to exactly what I said before.

You didn't make an argument. You made a series of rambling, disconnected statements which absolutely failed to establish that evolution depends on abiogenesis. I'm sure you believe you made an argument, but as these discussions stand as testament, what you believe and what is actually true are rarely the same thing.

Evolution happens whether abiogenesis is true or a god created the organisms in question. You seem to be assuming that evolution demands that there is no god, which is nonsense; evolution does not give a damn about the existence or non-existence of gods or their possible involvement in the creation of life. It deals strictly with what happens once life exists. Whether or not a god created it is utterly irrelevant.

This is not a complicated concept. But then, nothing put to you thus far has been, and you haven't understood a word, so I really don't think anyone is the least bit surprised here.

If abiogenesis is false, how can evolution be true? Just answer the freakin' question. If abiogenesis is a FALSE CONCEPT...how can evolution be true?? Tell me.

Yes, yes, never mind all that boy.

Now get a move on and provide your proof that it was your god that created the universe and not one of the 4,199 other gods (not including the Spaghetti monster et al).

Now boy, how many more times, get a move on and provide the proof.

We are waiting boy ....

22-03-2016, 11:49 AM
(22-03-2016 11:38 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  So come on you twat - offer the proof of a god - we are waitiing. Also, whilst you are at it, offer proof that jebus existed if you are going to offer zombie boy as proof of your god, although I don't see a logical connection between zombie boy and some non-existent god.

Offer your proof of God's non-existence. You said "there is no god". That is a statement of knowledge, and I am simply asking you how do you know? Prove it. You can't, can you? Big Grin

Sure...you can't Laugh out load
22-03-2016, 11:50 AM
(22-03-2016 11:44 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 05:06 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No. You didn't.

The Theory of Evolution is independent of how life started.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post