Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
22-03-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(22-03-2016 01:37 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 01:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Simply put abiogenesis doesn't have anything to do with the theory of evolution by natural selection. They are comfortably independent.

You can "simply put" it however you want. But what you can't do is "simply" answer the question.

If abiogenesis is false, how can evolution be true? If they are so "comfortably independent", then I expect you to be able to explain how evolution could still take place INDEPENDENTLY of abiogenesis being false.

(22-03-2016 01:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  With abiogenesis I'm completely satisfied with I don't know how life first began answer.

If abiogenesis is false, how can evolution be true?

(22-03-2016 01:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The theory of evolution by natural selection only answers the question how "we" (by we I mean loosely plants animals and people) got to this place in time. It has never spoken to the abiogenesis question of how life first began.

So your question is completely moot.

Yes, you do look a fool.

Well, I already predicted that you would be unable to answer the question, and you've proved my predictions correct. You may as well just go back to whatever rat hole you crawled out of, because you are not any closer to answering the question than any of your comrades on here. You've haven't added anything significant to the conversation besides wasting my time.

We are still waiting little boy.

Now, little boy, hurry up.

What's your answer little boy?

Where's the proof for your god and the zombie boy?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Rolleyes
(22-03-2016 01:16 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No human being has ever explained how life could have originated from non-living material...

From the UK Telegraph...

World-renowned biotechnologist and geneticist John Craig Venter B.Sc, Ph.D and his team have managed to make a completely new "synthetic" life form from a mix of chemicals.

They manufactured a new chromosome from artificial DNA in a test tube, then transferred it into an empty cell and watched it multiply—the very definition of being alive. The man-made single cell "creature", which is a modified version of one of the simplest bacteria on earth, proves that the technology works.

"This is the first synthetic cell that's been made, and we call it synthetic because the cell is totally derived from a synthetic chromosome, made with four bottles of chemicals on a chemical synthesizer, starting with information in a computer," said Dr Venter.

—You were saying?

Rolleyes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-03-2016, 01:47 PM
(22-03-2016 01:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Does not follow, irrelevant regardless. "Could" is not equivalent to "is". It is not even in the same ballpark. It is not even the first step towards "is".

This is largely due to the fact that "could", in the sense that you use it, is worthless, as it could be the case that Merlin lives on Mars and we just haven't found him yet.

Ok, fine...we will replace "could" to "is". Cool. No problem.

So, "If abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true".

*shrugs* Laugh out load

(22-03-2016 01:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Because evolution does not give a damn about how life got there.
It is only concerned with how it behaves once it is there.

If abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true? I'd like an answer, please. Spare me all of your bullshit rhetoric, because I am getting more rhetoric than substance.

Please provide an answer.
22-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Japan

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
22-03-2016, 01:50 PM
(22-03-2016 01:47 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 01:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Does not follow, irrelevant regardless. "Could" is not equivalent to "is". It is not even in the same ballpark. It is not even the first step towards "is".

This is largely due to the fact that "could", in the sense that you use it, is worthless, as it could be the case that Merlin lives on Mars and we just haven't found him yet.

Ok, fine...we will replace "could" to "is". Cool. No problem.

So, "If abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true".

*shrugs* Laugh out load

(22-03-2016 01:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Because evolution does not give a damn about how life got there.
It is only concerned with how it behaves once it is there.

If abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true? I'd like an answer, please. Spare me all of your bullshit rhetoric, because I am getting more rhetoric than substance.

Please provide an answer.

We are still waiting little boy.

Now, little boy, hurry up.

What's your answer little boy?

Where's the proof for your god and the zombie boy?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
22-03-2016, 01:52 PM
(22-03-2016 01:47 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true?

Evolution does not require abiogenesis to be true.

There is nothing more to be said. You simply lack the understanding of either theory necessary to understand how idiotic your question is.

Which is quite pathetic, really, since even a passing understanding would suffice.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Why are you even bothering with these pointless questions COW? If you have evidence for god that will prove that he exists, why not show it and shut up all atheists for good? I'll convert on the spot if you can prove he exists.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
22-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Je je

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

22-03-2016, 01:56 PM
(22-03-2016 01:53 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Why are you even bothering with these pointless questions COW? If you have evidence for god that will prove that he exists, why not show it and shut up all atheists for good? I'll convert on the spot if you can prove he exists.

It would be illogical not to.

22-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the jungle

[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post