Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
22-03-2016, 03:46 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(22-03-2016 02:28 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Seriously dude. I've got like 32 years of back upped sin that I need to repent. If you've got the proof then I need to see it. Sunday is in 5 days, so I gotta get started quick before I have a heart attack or something and burn in hell for all eternity.

Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, acknowledge that he died on the cross for all 32 years of those sins. Repent of your past life. Follow Jesus.

Do those things, and you will be str8 Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2016, 03:47 PM
(22-03-2016 03:44 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 02:54 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Go in a lab and "get me God". I'll wait. By your own criteria, you have nothing.

"Take a spirit, grab it by its neck, and put it into a test tube".

Laugh out load children, please.

We are still waiting little boy.

Now, little boy, hurry up.

What's your answer little boy?

Where's the proof for your god and the zombie boy?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
22-03-2016, 03:47 PM
(22-03-2016 03:46 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 02:28 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Seriously dude. I've got like 32 years of back upped sin that I need to repent. If you've got the proof then I need to see it. Sunday is in 5 days, so I gotta get started quick before I have a heart attack or something and burn in hell for all eternity.

Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, acknowledge that he died on the cross for all 32 years of those sins. Repent of your past life. Follow Jesus.

Do those things, and you will be str8 Thumbsup

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
22-03-2016, 03:48 PM
(22-03-2016 03:43 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 02:45 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Put it this way: If abiogenesis is true, then the theory of evolution is credible.
If abiogenesis is untrue, then the theory of evolution is still credible.

So basically "if it isn't possible for life to come from nonliving material, it is still possible for life to evolve."

Yes.

Because evolution does not require abiogenesis.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
22-03-2016, 03:56 PM
(22-03-2016 02:17 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Regardless of whether life exists because of abiogenesis, because of a god or a wizard, or just because, it still behaves in accordance with the theory of evolution. Even explicitly assuming, for the sake of argument, that a god is responsible for the creation of life, evolution is still true, because whatever god created life apparently created it in such a way that evolution happens.

This. Is not. Complicated.

Nonsense. On your view, God is out of the equation, so we need not even postulate intelligent design. We are talking strict naturalistic shit here. You cannot go in a lab and create life from nonliving material. Therefore, abiogenesis is a concept that may be false.

In order for evolution to be a 100% fact, abiogenesis (on the atheistic worldview) would have to be a 100% fact. But since you can't prove that abiogenesis is a 100% fact, then you can't prove that evolution is a 100% fact.

If it may not be possible for life to originated from nonliving material, then no way in hell is it possible for life to EVOLVE from nonliving material.

Now this is just a freakin' fact, and I know that deep down inside, you know the problem that you with your theory. The problem is, evolution NEEDS to be true because your entire worldview depends on it. You can't let it go while maintaining your atheism.

But deep down inside, you know.
22-03-2016, 03:57 PM
(22-03-2016 03:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes.

It does if the "God Hypothesis" is taken out of the equation, doesn't it?
22-03-2016, 03:59 PM
(22-03-2016 03:56 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 02:17 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Regardless of whether life exists because of abiogenesis, because of a god or a wizard, or just because, it still behaves in accordance with the theory of evolution. Even explicitly assuming, for the sake of argument, that a god is responsible for the creation of life, evolution is still true, because whatever god created life apparently created it in such a way that evolution happens.

Nonsense. On your view, God is out of the equation, so we need not even postulate intelligent design. We are talking strict naturalistic shit here. You cannot go in a lab and create life from nonliving material. Therefore, abiogenesis is a concept that may be false.

In order for evolution to be a 100% fact, abiogenesis (on the atheistic worldview) would have to be a 100% fact. But since you can't prove that abiogenesis is a 100% fact, then you can't prove that evolution is a 100% fact.

If it may not be possible for life to originated from nonliving material, then no way in hell is it possible for life to EVOLVE from nonliving material.

Now this is just a freakin' fact, and I know that deep down inside, you know the problem that you with your theory. The problem is, evolution NEEDS to be true because your entire worldview depends on it. You can't let it go while maintaining your atheism.

22-03-2016, 03:59 PM
(22-03-2016 03:57 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 03:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes.

It does if the "God Hypothesis" is taken out of the equation, doesn't it?

Speaking of which ....

22-03-2016, 04:01 PM
(22-03-2016 03:56 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

There isn't an atheistic worldview.

The theory of evolution by natural selection has zero to do with my being atheist.

Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2016, 04:10 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus