Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
22-03-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(22-03-2016 03:57 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 03:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes.

Because evolution does not require abiogenesis.

It does if the "God Hypothesis" is taken out of the equation, doesn't it?

No.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-03-2016, 05:09 PM
(22-03-2016 04:14 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Guys/Girls he already admitted that abiogenesis is false. It could be and most likely is a hoax, but let's take it at face value & move on.

He is now asking how Evolution is true.
Can you all stop attacking his character and just answer the question for knowledge sake if nothing else?

The ill-formed question has been repeatedly answered. Do try to keep up. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-03-2016, 05:10 PM
(22-03-2016 04:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 04:14 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Guys/Girls he already admitted that abiogenesis is false. It could be and most likely is a hoax, but let's take it at face value & move on.

He is now asking how Evolution is true.
Can you all stop attacking his character and just answer the question for knowledge sake if nothing else?

The question has been answered, repeatedly and extensively.

But, to be perfectly honest, I'm not at all surprised to learn that you failed to understand as hard as he did.

Not surprising in the least. Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Actually it's highly likely that life arose spontaneously on Earth, or easily could have. No one here can find even ONE specific fault with the chemistry in this series.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-03-2016, 05:21 PM
(22-03-2016 04:44 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 04:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Have you read through every single one of his/her/its posts?

His/her/its character is based on their behavior since arriving on this forum.

He/she/it should read a book on the theory of evolution by natural selection before demanding others provide him/she/it answers. Then he/she/it could ask, at the very least, intelligent questions about the subject.
Yes, but have you considered some of us here are really interested in knowing how evolution is true & really don't care how much of an idiot people think Cotw is.

So you're saying you've read through each of his posts. He's been here for over a year and has over 1000 posts and you're saying you've read them?

Consider

Then you'd know there no intellectual honesty to be had from discussion with him. You'd know that many people have already tried to explain what should be jr high school biology.

He doesn't want discussion.

Since joining this forum I've learned more from our forum members about evolution. More than I even cared to know -- because it's not something that has anything to do with why I'm an atheist. Still I found real discussions to have value and merit.

But this individual doesn't actually want to learn anything, time and again he/she/it simply ignores facts by covering their eyes. With fingers in their ears says like a petulant child, "na-na, I can't hear you!"

Even now they speak of an "atheistic worldview" that's somehow influenced by the theory of evolution by natural selection and presumes this must be a factor in why atheists don't believe.

They even give those not-so-subtle bible standard that even we (atheists) know somehow we're wrong.

It is presumptuous and mind-boggling.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2016, 05:49 PM
(22-03-2016 05:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So you're saying you've read through each of his posts. He's been here for over a year and has over 1000 posts and you're saying you've read them?

Consider

Then you'd know there no intellectual honesty to be had from discussion with him. You'd know that many people have already tried to explain what should be jr high school biology.

He doesn't want discussion.

Since joining this forum I've learned more from our forum members about evolution. More than I even cared to know -- because it's not something that has anything to do with why I'm an atheist. Still I found real discussions to have value and merit.

But this individual doesn't actually want to learn anything, time and again he/she/it simply ignores facts by covering their eyes. With fingers in their ears says like a petulant child, "na-na, I can't hear you!"

Even now they speak of an "atheistic worldview" that's somehow influenced by the theory of evolution by natural selection and presumes this must be a factor in why atheists don't believe.

They even give those not-so-subtle bible standard that even we (atheists) know somehow we're wrong.

It is presumptuous and mind-boggling.

The above is correct.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-03-2016, 06:21 PM
(22-03-2016 05:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually it's highly likely that life arose spontaneously on Earth, or easily could have. No one here can find even ONE specific fault with the chemistry in this series.

Love that video. Scientist don't actually have to create life in a test tube, they just need to show that the steps needed are possible. As far as I'm concerned they've shown that enough of the steps can happen through natural processes that I think they can tentatively claim that life can arise through strictly natural means. Eventually creationists will have to say, yeah DNA can form naturally and cell membranes and ribosomes and chloroplasts but what about cilia, huh, huh, huh. That can't happen so therefore God.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
22-03-2016, 06:23 PM
(22-03-2016 03:57 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 03:48 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes.

Because evolution does not require abiogenesis.

It does if the "God Hypothesis" is taken out of the equation, doesn't it?

The "God Hypothesis" is impossible in principle so it should be thrown out in toto.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
22-03-2016, 06:32 PM
pissing in the wind as trying to teach Cartilage of the brain science is like trying to change the ebb and flow of the tides by pissing in the ocean. But anyway...this has pictures....those who have comprehension challenges like our dear friend COTW may enjoy them....

http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reas...oftheEarth

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-03-2016, 07:02 PM
(22-03-2016 06:32 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  pissing in the wind as trying to teach Cartilage of the brain science is like trying to change the ebb and flow of the tides by pissing in the ocean. But anyway...this has pictures....those who have comprehension challenges like our dear friend COTW may enjoy them....

http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reas...oftheEarth

Well, well, well...if it isn't GWOG...here for his quarterly ass whoopin? *looks at calendar*, yeah, its been at least three months since your last one...you are bout due Yes