Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
19-03-2016, 04:56 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(19-03-2016 03:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  And, with Call_of_the_Wild's first response. ..... they come back swinging wildly.
No actual comments on the previous two or three pages of replies to their opening post/comment, nope. Just quick "I don't believe it.. therefore it's dumb. "

I will let them tell me if my response to them was inadequate, not you.

(19-03-2016 03:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So... Master Call_of_the_Wild. You have a hard time with 'Naturalism'?

Indeed.

(19-03-2016 03:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Was your birth a miracle... or was it natural?

Reproduction can be naturally explained...but the "life" itself, you need something beyond nature to explain that, buddy (and the origin of life itself). But then again, if you can explain life from nonlife, you probably would't be on this forum right now.

(19-03-2016 03:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Do the stars and planets persist in their orbits through magic? Or is there credence in Astronomy and Celestial mechanics?

You are asking questions as to what happened once all of that stuff got here. My questions are mainly....WHAT ARE THE ORIGINS OF THOSE THINGS...where did the stars and planets come from in the first place? Notice you don't have an answer for those kind of questions, do you?

(19-03-2016 03:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  How about medicine? Or engineering? Or physics?

All contingent things that didn't have to be here. But they are here...why?

(19-03-2016 03:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Please, what is real in your world and what is magic?

You are making an unnecessary distinction between what is "real" and what is "magic". The miracle/magic is the fact that we are able to sit here and have discussions like this based on the fact that we owe our origins to a Supreme Being, and it is because of this Supreme Being as to why we are here.

(19-03-2016 03:51 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Edit: And the following responses continue to follow said pattern of, "Your words are dumb. I believe stuff."

Convenient dismissal of the times that my beliefs were called "dumb" as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2016, 04:59 PM
(19-03-2016 04:44 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  We all have biases,

In regards to the question at hand, no. Just you. You allow your bias to interfere with your search for scientific fact.

You are currently using the internet. The internet was created using science. This is how powerful science is. Science creates medicines, vaccines, space travel, the discovery of DNA etc.

Were the babble useful, at least it would have contained some facts such as "Beware of dangerous microbes" or "Clean wounds".

It is nothing more than a long out of date moral guide. Most of which are now considered immoral. The way ISIS works is possibly the closest thing to how the moral guide in the babble instructs and teaches.

You a fan of ISIS?

I would give you the benefit of the doubt and say, no.

So put aside your bias for just one day and do some actual searches using science as your guide to learn about subjects such as DNA.

Do not use religious websites to do this. They have an agenda. Use proper peer reviewed facts.

Do you have the nerve to do this? I wonder if you do. I actually think you are likely too scared to do it.

Here is a fact. There is NO evidence of any god or gods.

And even if you follow the babble, that is the Hebrew god. It had no interest in gentiles. Flavius Claudius Julianus made this very clear in his works. And he used the babble as his guide and was instructed in xianity by the most scholarly people in the empire in the employ of the royal family! Using the most recent of texts!

Xians today are so uneducated about their own religion. It is hilarious.

Now off you go. Use the internet and learn. You've no excuse.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
19-03-2016, 05:02 PM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?

Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

It is not in any manner a left or right thingie. Left is toward communism and that is what the early Christians were according to the Bible.(Ananias and Saphira?) On the right we have Ayn Rand. She was as much an atheist as existed.
But yes I find it amazing that people in this age and time believe in a sky daddy watching over them. I prayed for years and nothing ever came of it, Nothing nada nunca! Finally I woke up and realized that there was nobody there to answer said prayers. And as posted above others had Gods for centuries before the male Dominated Jehovah wiped out many of the other gods that their God was said to be jealous of.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
19-03-2016, 05:02 PM
(19-03-2016 04:46 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Which according to you was magically poofed into existence instantly, through an entirely unknown process. How does that count as an explanation?

We don't have to know how the magician pulled the rabbit out of the hat...but we can see clearly that the magician is the cause of the rabbit appearing. On naturalism, there was no magician, the rabbit just popped in to being...and not only did it pop in to being, but it began to talk, think, laugh, play, have sex, etc.

It is clear as to which notion is ridiculous, and which isn't.
19-03-2016, 05:03 PM
(19-03-2016 05:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  We don't have to know how the magician pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

That is known as a trick and is taught at Magician school.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-03-2016, 05:04 PM
At work.

So, a quick reply with no cutting and pasting of quotes.

In Call_of_the_Wild's world magic and reality are the same?

Have I misread this? Did you mean to write/convey some other idea?

Again, I see we're back to the "I don't understand the 'First cause' therefore magic." statements.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
19-03-2016, 05:05 PM
(19-03-2016 05:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  On naturalism, there was no magician, the rabbit just popped in to being...and not only did it pop in to being, but it began to talk, think, laugh, play, have sex, etc.

It is clear as to which notion is ridiculous, and which isn't.

You don't think a disembodied mind that has magical powers is ridiculous? Can you at least understand why people might think the idea is ridiculous?

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
19-03-2016, 05:17 PM
(19-03-2016 04:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  In regards to the question at hand, no. Just you. You allow your bias to interfere with your search for scientific fact.

What scientific fact?

(19-03-2016 04:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You are currently using the internet. The internet was created using science. This is how powerful science is.

Would the internet exist if the universe didn't begin to exist? No.

(19-03-2016 04:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Science creates medicines, vaccines, space travel, the discovery of DNA etc.

Science created the "discovery of DNA"? Laugh out load What a pity Laugh out load
19-03-2016, 05:17 PM
(19-03-2016 03:36 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 10:03 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  For me, the whole "I don't believe in God like I don't believe in Santa Claus." is not about about the 'silliness factor', but about the evidence. No matter how silly something might seem, if it's real it's real. And conversely, no matter how logical something might seem, if it's not real it's not real.
I don't not believe in Santa because he seems silly, I don't believe in Santa because there's insufficient evidence for him. Same goes for Jehovah.

Well, in that case there is insufficient evidence for naturalism, too....yet that doesn't stop most of you from believing in naturalism. There isn't one shred of evidence for naturalism, yet some atheists are willing to throw all of their eggs in that basket. But when it comes to theism, suddenly it becomes "I can't believe in that because I see no evidence"....and that is NOT to say that there ISN'T evidence for theism, as I've spent the past 15-16 years of my life defending my faith...precisely because I believe that there IS evidence for Christian theism.

Could you possibly lay a bit of that evidence on us?
19-03-2016, 05:21 PM
(19-03-2016 03:57 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 10:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Except, I do understand it... memetically and genetically.

What in the hell does belief in Santa Claus have to do with genetics?

(19-03-2016 10:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Many of the christians I meet are filipinas and yes, they actually have been taught to believe that a rainbow is a sign from their god!

On Judeo-Christian theism, God did in fact make a rainbow visible as a sign that he will never destroy the earth in such a manner again (Gen 9:13).

(19-03-2016 10:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Childhood indoctrination is a powerful tool.

So is adult indoctrination, i.e. Jonestown massacre.

(19-03-2016 10:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Critical-thinking and sympathy are on the left?

That's news to me.

Huh

The belief line represents positive (right side) belief and negative (left size) unbelief. Agnosticism would represent middle ground.

Who invented that line? The political right- left line is something real and previously defined. It is not yours to make up a new definition for it.