Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
22-03-2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
Not synonymous, but closely analogous. Religious beliefs come with institutions of adults all apparently serious about the belief, which the tooth fairy lacks. But aside from the amount of money and effort that go into the pretense, there is little difference between one imaginary friend and another.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2016, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2016 04:49 PM by Anjele.)
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?

Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

So, which question are you seeking an answer to?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-03-2016, 09:00 PM
(22-03-2016 08:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?

Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

So, which question are you seeking and answer to?

"Will they buy my bullshit snake-oil, third time around ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-03-2016, 09:20 PM
(22-03-2016 01:30 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Nonsense. When you say "organisms", you are presupposing life, when the question is based on the ORIGINS of life. So you just bypassed the origins part, and jumped right to life.

That's because evolution concerns itself with the development of existing life, not the origins of life.

Quote:You really think you answered the question?

I know I answered the question. I accept no responsibility for your apparent inability to accept the answer.

I also have this to say about your attitude, COTW. You purport to be a believer in Christianity, and perhaps you believe yourself to be influenced by the Holy Spirit.

If that were the case (although I profoundly doubt it), your writing style makes it appear that the Holy Spirit is a whiny, poorly educated, disingenuous prick. You might want to rethink your strategy in this regard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 13 users Like Astreja's post
22-03-2016, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2016 09:37 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
I loved this song and miss Terry Kath's haunting vocal. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-03-2016, 02:15 AM
CotW,

you are one of the most disgusting pieces of shit humans i ever had the pleasure to meet, at least online. Congratulatins, you made it to the very top, if that was your goal. I only can hope that in real life you are not nearly as much an ass you are portraying yourself here in the forum.

For the record: You are so disgusting, not because you believe in a deity, resurrections or other blatant nonsense. I am all with the right of people to be able to die being stupid (we are born stupid too after all, so your end wont be worse than your start st least).
You are a piece of shit, because you are lying, misrepresenting, and being dishonest and disrespectful in general. And there is no way you dont even know it.

You "engage" in discussions, but demonstrably ignore what has been writen to to (with quite some effort sometimes!). This demonstrates your utter disrespect for the people you are actively engaging with. Disgusting.

Where your statements are being demonstably wrong, and where it has been explained you to -repeatedly- why you were wrong, you ignore those efforts as well, repeat your stupid claims and attack the very people who try to educate your little poisoned disfunctional mind. Thats utterly disrespectful and dishonest to the bone.

You also misrepresent other peoples positions, mostly repeatedly after you have been corrected on this. Then you attack said people and strawmens.
Sice mostly you have been corrected beforehand, this can only be evaluated as being blatantly disingenuous as well

Do you have no sense of honour and shame at all? How can you get up every day look in the mirror and then come to this forum to be this insencere to other people who are nothing but engaging you in honest (yeah, sometimes, rough, but honest) exchange of arguments?
Has religion poisoned your mind so much that this disastrous mindset and behaviour of yours make you belive you deserve to live an eternal life based on these "traits"?
You are lying, misrepresenting, ignoring, disrespecting, distorting......all for Jesus? Is that what your religion has made out of you? Or have you been like that before you were religious? Or would you be like this too without god?

I put you on ignore long ago, so dont waste both our time with lenghty responses. I will see -at best- what other people will quote of your emabrassing drivels.
After countless pages of bullshit bingo, i am just trying to remind you why we all are supposedly here: To discuss the various viewpoints of theism and atheism and related topics like cosmology, biology, paleontology, etc..

If you cant be intellectually honest and respectful enough to others (or with yourself to begin with), by at least listening to what they have to say, why bother to come here at all. Just go back to your little shrine with a little pic of renaissance Jesus with blonde hair, and keep praying until you can meet all the other disgusting people in heaven who were even worse than you but finally repented, and then you can have fun forver with each other (althuogh, according to "Q" eternal isnt infinite. But you guys have to discuss this internally in your group then, sorry).

You might feel all butthurt now and feel the confirmation bias about "evil atheists" setting in. What is happening for real is that you are just reaping what you sow.
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
23-03-2016, 02:19 AM
It's a troll. Don't allow it to get to you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-03-2016, 02:22 AM
(23-03-2016 02:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  It's a troll. Don't allow it to get to you.

Watch this and have a laugh. Forget the troll.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
23-03-2016, 03:11 AM
(22-03-2016 07:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 07:18 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Go for it, pal. This thread is obviously going nowhere.

I'd like to discuss it on a different platform. You down?

Come on little boy.

We still await the proof of your god and zombie boy.

Come on now, you have had long enough little boy.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
23-03-2016, 03:22 AM
(23-03-2016 03:11 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 07:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I'd like to discuss it on a different platform. You down?

Come on little boy.

We still await the proof of your god and zombie boy.

Come on now, you have had long enough little boy.

So I guess what you are saying is that CoTW has been... a bit of a bomb!

Eh?

Because to bomb means to fail.

No? Okay...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post