Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
23-03-2016, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2016 09:09 AM by god has no twitter account.)
RE: Question for atheists...
(23-03-2016 03:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 03:11 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Come on little boy.

We still await the proof of your god and zombie boy.

Come on now, you have had long enough little boy.

So I guess what you are saying is that CoTW has been... a bit of a bomb!

Eh?

Because to bomb means to fail.

No? Okay...

Wild cow claimed that he had proof of god and mentioned jebus.

OK - so where's the proof?

There's no proof of god nor is there proof for jebus either. He claims there is but when repeatedly asked for his proof, he changes the subject or presents illogical arguments or pretends that he has already proffered that proof.

He then links abiogenesis and the Theory of Evolution. They are independent theories. He, for some reason, wants us to couple them or to decouple them, but which it unclear to me. It's probably unclear to him too.

He's not completely uneducated because he 'knows some words' and has been taught how to look at the knowledge behind them in a christard way that takes one aspect, screws around with it, and spits it back in a fallacious manner. For example, christards oft state that Man is descended from Apes and then state that it can't possibly be true because Apes still exist.

It's possible that he's so naive that he thought that we were just a bunch of people without brains - just like his fellow christards. He though that he could just mock us because we were just a bunch of heathens that had rejected the lard and the zombie boy. He's now found that this isn't so and is causing him a lot of frustration because we aren't swallowing his shit. His beliefs may now be causing him some cognitive dissonance although one has to be fairly bright and he does seem rather dull. He's now chipping away looking for weakness and finding none. It must be so frustrating for him.

On the other hand, it's possible that he stumbled over these hallowed halls quite by accident and has decided to troll here, as opposed to another site.

We can either ignore him (in the hope that he goes away), tackle him with logic (although christards don't respond well to this - being stupid), insult him or troll him right back.

Some people probably have him on ignore, some are tackling him with logic, some are insulting him and I'm trolling him right back.

He'll probably hang around for a few more days so that he can pretend to save face. Then, he'll make some lame excuse such as his 1 remaining brain cell is ill or some such. Then, he'll exit stage left. The other possibility is that, one day, he just leaves and will drop in occasionally to see if anyone misses him. He may even post the odd comment so that we remember him because he wouldn't like to feel that we forgot him because, let's face it, he is so attention-seeking. The other possibility is that he'll start threatening us with fire and brimstone and eternal damnation and will go out in a hail of insults.

Whatever he chooses, if he trolls, I'm gonna troll him. I never, ever give in. My aspergers sees to that. Let's see if the little twat has the same resolve.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 04:57 AM
Back to the future

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
23-03-2016, 09:06 AM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?

Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

I know i'm several days late. And CoTW is one of the most predictable Trolls we have. Subject changer, avoider of content and then crying about people bulling him.

I also know this wasn't a ligament question. As he has no real interest in adjusting his view.

But I wanted to make a slight adjustment to his the original premise that if this was a liget question might have made more sense.

It's not that we see believers as being the same as a person believing in Santa clause (it is but it isn't) It more like A child is told Santa Clause is real. The child see his actions presents on the morning of Christmas, milk and cookies have been eaten. He was told that it was Santa and he believes. When questions are asked they are often asked by their peers. I saw Santa at the mall, Santa came to our Christmas party. Even if the child didn't witness these events that chalk it up as proof.

It's not the child's fault that he doesn't know Santa doesn't exists. The information that he is provided with only continues his belief. It's not till they get older, and possible see people around him starting to move away from that belief, or he asks bigger questions or even have the child's parents tell him dose the disillusion become apparent.

For me I can't blame the believer. I don't thinking a person that believes in god is stupid. I was one. Ill informed. Brainwashed. Disingenuous. maybe. But not stupid.

The difference between ignorance and stupidity comes from the information that is presented.

An ignorant person doesn't have all or any of the information. A stupid person has the information but ether throws it out or can't retain it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 6 users Like Commonsensei's post
23-03-2016, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2016 10:00 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(23-03-2016 09:06 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?

Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

I know i'm several days late. And CoTW is one of the most predictable Trolls we have. Subject changer, avoider of content and then crying about people bulling him.

I also know this wasn't a ligament question. As he has no real interest in adjusting his view.

But I wanted to make a slight adjustment to his the original premise that if this was a liget question might have made more sense.

It's not that we see believers as being the same as a person believing in Santa clause (it is but it isn't) It more like A child is told Santa Clause is real. The child see his actions presents on the morning of Christmas, milk and cookies have been eaten. He was told that it was Santa and he believes. When questions are asked they are often asked by their peers. I saw Santa at the mall, Santa came to our Christmas party. Even if the child didn't witness these events that chalk it up as proof.

It's not the child's fault that he doesn't know Santa doesn't exists. The information that he is provided with only continues his belief. It's not till they get older, and possible see people around him starting to move away from that belief, or he asks bigger questions or even have the child's parents tell him dose the disillusion become apparent.

For me I can't blame the believer. I don't thinking a person that believes in god is stupid. I was one. Ill informed. Brainwashed. Disingenuous. maybe. But not stupid.

The difference between ignorance and stupidity comes from the information that is presented.

An ignorant person doesn't have all or any of the information. A stupid person has the information but ether throws it out or can't retain it.

There is much in your post that I agree with. However, for me, intelligence is determined by the way a person assesses new information. When new information is received, it needs to be compared with that person's world view. If the new information doesn't fit logically into the world view, then, either the new information is fallacious or the world view is or both are.

CotW has been presented with lots of new information by a number of people on this forum. Did he consider? No. He rejected that new information.

Another thing that intelligent people do is to reconsider their world view if it is challenged in a logical manner. CotW's world view has been challenged by a number of people from this forum in a number of different ways and at a fairly fundamental level. Did he reconsider his world view? It would appear not.

The only logical conclusion that I can arrive at is that CotW is either completely stupid, brainwashed or both. Either that or he couldn't give a flying fart about christardology one way or another and is nothing more than a twatish troll (failed).

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 10:26 AM
(22-03-2016 09:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  That's because evolution concerns itself with the development of existing life, not the origins of life.

Right, thats the point. If abiogenesis is FALSE, then you wouldn't have the "development of existing life", would you? Nope. The question remains unanswered...and unanswerable.

(22-03-2016 09:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I also have this to say about your attitude, COTW. You purport to be a believer in Christianity, and perhaps you believe yourself to be influenced by the Holy Spirit.

Bingo, amigo Thumbsup

(22-03-2016 09:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  If that were the case (although I profoundly doubt it), your writing style makes it appear that the Holy Spirit is a whiny, poorly educated, disingenuous prick. You might want to rethink your strategy in this regard.

And you ain't the devil, you just work for him Cool
23-03-2016, 10:29 AM
(23-03-2016 10:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 09:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  That's because evolution concerns itself with the development of existing life, not the origins of life.

Right, thats the point. If abiogenesis is FALSE, then you wouldn't have the "development of existing life", would you? Nope. The question remains unanswered...and unanswerable.

(22-03-2016 09:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I also have this to say about your attitude, COTW. You purport to be a believer in Christianity, and perhaps you believe yourself to be influenced by the Holy Spirit.

Bingo, amigo Thumbsup

(22-03-2016 09:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  If that were the case (although I profoundly doubt it), your writing style makes it appear that the Holy Spirit is a whiny, poorly educated, disingenuous prick. You might want to rethink your strategy in this regard.

And you ain't the devil, you just work for him Cool

Come on little boy.

We are still waiting for the proof of you silly god and the zombie kid.

Come on little boy.

We are still waiting.

Oh, come along boy, come along.

23-03-2016, 10:32 AM
My Casio g shock.Heart

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
23-03-2016, 10:32 AM
(23-03-2016 09:40 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  CotW has been presented with lots of new information by a number of people on this forum. Did he consider? No. He rejected that new information.

"New information" Laugh out load

(23-03-2016 09:40 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Another thing that intelligent people do is to reconsider their world view if it is challenged in a logical manner. CotW's world view has been challenged by a number of people from this forum in a number of different ways and at a fairly fundamental level. Did he reconsider his world view? It would appear not.

As long as CotW continues to control his own mind, he will NEVER become an atheist. He will NEVER believe that a mindless and blind process (nature) can create life, consciousness, species, universes, and language. Never.

Also, he does not believe that a "number of people from this forum" has presented any coherent ideas or information...and if by slight chance there has been any coherent ideas of information, it hasn't come from you (personally).

(23-03-2016 09:40 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  The only logical conclusion that I can arrive at is that CotW is either completely stupid, brainwashed or both. Either that or he couldn't give a flying fart about christardology one way or another and is nothing more than a twatish troll (failed).

I don't have enough faith to be an atheist, sorry. You have more faith then me, apparently.
23-03-2016, 10:33 AM
(22-03-2016 08:27 PM)I Am Wrote:  Not synonymous, but closely analogous. Religious beliefs come with institutions of adults all apparently serious about the belief, which the tooth fairy lacks.

Genetic fallacy.
23-03-2016, 10:33 AM
(23-03-2016 10:32 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 09:40 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  CotW has been presented with lots of new information by a number of people on this forum. Did he consider? No. He rejected that new information.

"New information" Laugh out load

(23-03-2016 09:40 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Another thing that intelligent people do is to reconsider their world view if it is challenged in a logical manner. CotW's world view has been challenged by a number of people from this forum in a number of different ways and at a fairly fundamental level. Did he reconsider his world view? It would appear not.

As long as CotW continues to control his own mind, he will NEVER become an atheist. He will NEVER believe that a mindless and blind process (nature) can create life, consciousness, species, universes, and language. Never.

Also, he does not believe that a "number of people from this forum" has presented any coherent ideas or information...and if by slight chance there has been any coherent ideas of information, it hasn't come from you (personally).

(23-03-2016 09:40 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  The only logical conclusion that I can arrive at is that CotW is either completely stupid, brainwashed or both. Either that or he couldn't give a flying fart about christardology one way or another and is nothing more than a twatish troll (failed).

I don't have enough faith to be an atheist, sorry. You have more faith then me, apparently.

Come on little boy.

We are still waiting for the proof of you silly god and the zombie kid.

Come on little boy.

We are still waiting.

Oh, come along boy, come along.