23-03-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
The next 12 hours

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2016, 10:48 AM
(22-03-2016 07:46 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You are wrong. Plain and simple.

Your "question" has been answered a dozen times over.

You didn't answer a damn thing. If abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true? If life can't come from nonlife, how can life evolve??
23-03-2016, 10:53 AM
(23-03-2016 10:32 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As long as CotW continues to control his own mind, he will NEVER become an atheist. He will NEVER believe that a mindless and blind process (nature) can create life, consciousness, species, universes, and language. Never.

Also, he does not believe that a "number of people from this forum" has presented any coherent ideas or information...and if by slight chance there has been any coherent ideas of information, it hasn't come from you (personally).

What if he's struggling with his belief and is here because he thinks it will strengthen it.

Looking back on my own deconversion before I admitted I was an atheist I fought hard not to be. Perhaps that's why he's here, he's actually a struggling atheist -- pretending or unable to admit that he is struggling.

Oh call of the whatever...the theory of evolution by natural selection is hardly a blind process. Small changes over thousands of years that benefit the species add later up to large changes.

We are still in that process.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-03-2016, 10:56 AM
(23-03-2016 10:48 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

You didn't answer a damn thing. If abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true? If life can't come from nonlife, how can life evolve??

Come on little boy.

We still await the proof of your god and zombie boy.

Come on now, you have had long enough little boy.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
23-03-2016, 10:57 AM
(23-03-2016 10:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 10:32 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As long as CotW continues to control his own mind, he will NEVER become an atheist. He will NEVER believe that a mindless and blind process (nature) can create life, consciousness, species, universes, and language. Never.

Also, he does not believe that a "number of people from this forum" has presented any coherent ideas or information...and if by slight chance there has been any coherent ideas of information, it hasn't come from you (personally).

What if he's struggling with his belief and is here because he thinks it will strengthen it.

Looking back on my own deconversion before I admitted I was an atheist I fought hard not to be. Perhaps that's why he's here, he's actually a struggling atheist -- pretending or unable to admit that he is struggling.

Oh call of the whatever...the theory of evolution by natural selection is hardly a blind process. Small changes over thousands of years that benefit the species add later up to large changes.

We are still in that process.

You could very well be right.

A closet atheist. I like that.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 10:58 AM
(23-03-2016 10:48 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's not truthful.

There are people who believe aliens "seeded" our planet billions of years ago, and walked away. They don't deny evolution by natural selection but they do actively deny the ideas of god and abiogenesis.

23-03-2016, 10:59 AM
(23-03-2016 10:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 09:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  That's because evolution concerns itself with the development of existing life, not the origins of life.

Right, thats the point. If abiogenesis is FALSE, then you wouldn't have the "development of existing life", would you? Nope. The question remains unanswered...and unanswerable.

So your "point", inasmuch as you have one, is that, if there is no life, there are no life forms to do any evolving?

Well, obviously. And if gravity didn't exist, we would all float off into space. But this "point" is not what you asked. It still has nothing to do with evolution as a theory. It's just "if abiogenesis didn't happen, where did life come from?" phrased as stupidly as possible. So stupidly that it becomes even less useful as a rhetorical device than it would have been otherwise - which is saying something - because it is fundamentally broken on an additional level due to you trying to rope in an entirely unrelated theory.

And it's still an utter non-starter. If the best you have is "well, if I could completely overturn everything we know about biochemistry, then you would believe me!", then there really is no hope for you.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
23-03-2016, 11:04 AM
(23-03-2016 10:58 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 10:48 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You didn't answer a damn thing. If abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true? If life can't come from nonlife, how can life evolve??

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's not truthful.

There are people who believe aliens "seeded" our planet billions of years ago, and walked away. They don't deny evolution by natural selection but they do actively deny the ideas of god and abiogenesis.

Why does it not see abiogenesis and the theory of evolution are independent theories?

Why does it not see that just because we can't currently create life from 'non-living' chemicals yet does not mean that it didn't happen naturally anyway? Where's his proof?

This troll is rather dull, is it not, oh, and stupid. A typical brainwashed christard. Probably had its brain removed at some point. Tien.

[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 11:15 AM
(23-03-2016 11:04 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 10:58 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's not truthful.

Why does it not see abiogenesis and the theory of evolution are independent theories?

Why does it not see that just because we can't currently create life from 'non-living' chemicals yet does not mean that it didn't happen naturally anyway? Where's his proof?

This troll is rather dull, is it not, oh, and stupid. A typical brainwashed christard. Probably had its brain removed at some point. Tien.

It's a typical tactic to conflate abiogenesis with evolution by natural selection. They don't understand that one isn't required for the other to be true. Also they consider when scientists say they're comfortable with saying they don't know now...that somehow shows they accept defeat.

I actually think the naturalistic approach is waaaaaay more awesome than some bloated deity just poofing things into existence.

I can also understand why they feel so threatened by that information too, since it shrinks the significance of their chosen deity.

Then again, I've known many religious people who do actively believe in evolution by natural selection -- some are scientists who have written peer reviewed papers and books on the subject. Which is also why I've always maintained it hasn't anything to do with my atheism.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-03-2016, 11:21 AM
(23-03-2016 11:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 11:04 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Why does it not see abiogenesis and the theory of evolution are independent theories?

It's a typical tactic to conflate abiogenesis with evolution by natural selection. They don't understand that one isn't required for the other to be true. Also they consider when scientists say they're comfortable with saying they don't know now...that somehow shows they accept defeat.

I actually think the naturalistic approach is waaaaaay more awesome than some bloated deity just poofing things into existence.

I can also understand why they feel so threatened by that information too, since it shrinks the significance of their chosen deity.

Then again, I've known many religious people who do actively believe in evolution by natural selection -- some are scientists who have written peer reviewed papers and books on the subject. Which is also why I've always maintained it hasn't anything to do with my atheism.
I wish it was just a tactic.

unfortunately somehow these people who desire being apologists seem to really actually be focused in this It's either that or this flawed scale.

At least someone like say I recall Sye Ten...whatever his name is being able to say I won't debate something with you you don't believe. Instead of outrightly DISMISSING the range of options that it isn't Christian Theism VS Atheist Naturalism
as the only way to view the scope of ideas. But he was dishonest and a dolt but that was one debate stance that I can think of that actually acknowledges it. I've seen plenty more of people here, even lately, just ignoring non-atheist related objections to their christian view.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post