RE: Question for atheists...
In the air tonight , oh noooooo!

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2016, 11:27 AM
(23-03-2016 11:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 11:04 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Why does it not see abiogenesis and the theory of evolution are independent theories?

Why does it not see that just because we can't currently create life from 'non-living' chemicals yet does not mean that it didn't happen naturally anyway? Where's his proof?

This troll is rather dull, is it not, oh, and stupid. A typical brainwashed christard. Probably had its brain removed at some point. Tien.

It's a typical tactic to conflate abiogenesis with evolution by natural selection. They don't understand that one isn't required for the other to be true. Also they consider when scientists say they're comfortable with saying they don't know now...that somehow shows they accept defeat.

I actually think the naturalistic approach is waaaaaay more awesome than some bloated deity just poofing things into existence.

I can also understand why they feel so threatened by that information too, since it shrinks the significance of their chosen deity.

Then again, I've known many religious people who do actively believe in evolution by natural selection -- some are scientists who have written peer reviewed papers and books on the subject. Which is also why I've always maintained it hasn't anything to do with my atheism.

You know, you are right. I'd never considered that some sky fairy waving a magic wand saying, 'let there be life' and poof, life appeared, is a tad boring when one thinks about it. You are right, the scientific way is the most interesting. Nature is awesome. Make-believe sky fairies just ain't got that sex and sizzle that nature has. If I were a god, would I be so jealous.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 11:28 AM
(23-03-2016 11:25 AM)Leo Wrote:  In the air tonight , oh noooooo!

Have you farted?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
23-03-2016, 11:30 AM
(23-03-2016 11:21 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 11:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's a typical tactic to conflate abiogenesis with evolution by natural selection. They don't understand that one isn't required for the other to be true. Also they consider when scientists say they're comfortable with saying they don't know now...that somehow shows they accept defeat.

I actually think the naturalistic approach is waaaaaay more awesome than some bloated deity just poofing things into existence.

I can also understand why they feel so threatened by that information too, since it shrinks the significance of their chosen deity.

Then again, I've known many religious people who do actively believe in evolution by natural selection -- some are scientists who have written peer reviewed papers and books on the subject. Which is also why I've always maintained it hasn't anything to do with my atheism.
I wish it was just a tactic.

unfortunately somehow these people who desire being apologists seem to really actually be focused in this It's either that or this flawed scale.

I tend to agree. Just an aside, I've always found the term "apologetics" to be a little funny in that ironic way.

Like they build their whole existence apologizing for how poorly written the bible is and how incredibly shaky their "faith" might be.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-03-2016, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2016 11:34 AM by Astreja.)
(23-03-2016 10:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And you ain't the devil, you just work for him.

Awww... *koochie koochie koochie*

Speaking of devils and holy spooks, what'd you think of the sexy dream I sent you last night? Angel

By the way, when the HS is bar-hopping with other minor divinities like Me and Tiamat and dear, sweet Uncle Loki, we like to nickname Her Pissed Sophia.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
23-03-2016, 11:33 AM

(23-03-2016 11:28 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Have you farted?

Slightly off-topic, I think 'fart' is a rather appropriate description of the entire solo career of Phil Collins. (Damn fine drummer, 'tho.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
23-03-2016, 11:40 AM
(23-03-2016 11:28 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  

Have you farted?

Maybe . You can interpret it any way you want.Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
23-03-2016, 11:43 AM
(23-03-2016 11:40 AM)Leo Wrote:  

Maybe . You can interpret it any way you want.Smile

I was concerned in case you went off piste.No

[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 11:44 AM
(23-03-2016 11:33 AM)Astreja Wrote:  

Slightly off-topic, I think 'fart' is a rather appropriate description of the entire solo career of Phil Collins. (Damn fine drummer, 'tho.)

What do you mean off topic? This thread is another last person to posts wins thread. We can post any shit. But remember the last person to posts is the one that wins.

23-03-2016, 11:52 AM
(23-03-2016 11:44 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 11:33 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Slightly off-topic, I think 'fart' is a rather appropriate description of the entire solo career of Phil Collins. (Damn fine drummer, 'tho.)

What do you mean off topic? This thread is another last person to posts wins thread. We can post any shit. But remember the last person to posts is the one that wins.

No it's actually not. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces