Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
23-03-2016, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2016 01:58 PM by god has no twitter account.)
RE: Question for atheists...
(23-03-2016 12:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 11:04 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Why does it not see abiogenesis and the theory of evolution are independent theories?

How in the hell are they independent theories if one depends on the other. Why does it not see that if one depends on the other, they are not independent?

Stating it's so, religtard, and hoping it's so, religtard, does not make it so, religtard.

It ain't what's so and it ain't what ain't so
It's what's so that ain't so where you religtards go wrong.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2016, 12:39 PM
(23-03-2016 12:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 10:59 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Well, obviously. And if gravity didn't exist, we would all float off into space. But this "point" is not what you asked. It still has nothing to do with evolution as a theory. It's just "if abiogenesis didn't happen, where did life come from?" phrased as stupidly as possible. So stupidly that it becomes even less useful as a rhetorical device than it would have been otherwise - which is saying something - because it is fundamentally broken on an additional level due to you trying to rope in an entirely unrelated theory.

See, you rephrased the question.

I corrected the question, because the form that you insist on presenting is still incoherent.

"If life never existed, it could never have evolved" is true, but trivial and tautological. It does not serve to make any point whatsoever, but it is at least correct.

"If abiogenesis didn't happen, evolution can't happen", on the other hand, remains false, as evolution could still happen even if a god were responsible for creating life. At best, your question is incomplete, and should read "if abiogenesis is false, and no god exists, and accepting for the sake of argument that there is no other explanation for life existing, how can evolution be true?", at which point the answer is "it can't, but it doesn't matter because this situation is a pointless hypothetical that has no bearing on actual reality, and is due to the tautological inability of an object to do anything if it doesn't exist rather than an actual flaw with evolution". And even then, it would still be better phrased as "...how can evolution happen?" or "...how can life exist?", because evolution is still, whether you like it or not, only tangentially related.

(23-03-2016 12:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Now, with such a question, the only thing you can do is simply grant the fact that life can't evolve if there is no natural mechanism for it to begin to exist in the first place.

This is still wrong. Life could still evolve if there was a supernatural mechanism which brought it into existence - say, the god that you keep trying to argue for.

I really don't know how this still confuses you - or, perhaps, why you just refuse to accept it. I am actually helping you here. The corrections I have supplied make your argument stronger (albeit only marginally, because even the corrected version is a non-starter).

At this point, you either can't read or are just too stubborn to accept legitimate criticism, and either way this discussion isn't going anywhere any time soon.

(23-03-2016 12:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If you DON'T do that, then you have to demonstrate HOW life can come from nonlife, which is something you can't do.

You haven't actually done any research whatsoever on abiogenesis and biochemistry, have you? Literally all evidence we have - I repeat, without hyperbole, all evidence - about the nature of life points to abiogenesis not only being possible, but a reality.

Your only possible recourse here is to fall back on "but you haven't done it yet!", which is fallacious for a number of reasons that have been explained to you previously. Even assuming that humanity never gains the ability to create life, this would not be any sort of valid objection to abiogenesis as a theory.

(23-03-2016 12:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And if it is impossible for life to come from nonlife, and we know that life began to exist, then intelligent design is peeking its ugly head, isn't it?

No, because the validity of the theory of evolution (and the demonstrable invalidity of intelligent design) is not dependent on abiogenesis.

You really don't have even the most basic grip on any of the things you're talking about.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
23-03-2016, 12:41 PM
(23-03-2016 12:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 11:04 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Why does it not see abiogenesis and the theory of evolution are independent theories?

How in the hell are they independent theories if one depends on the other. Why does it not see that if one depends on the other, they are not independent?

Are you the best that you religtards could offer up because if that's the case, you religtards sure as hell are a thick set of twats.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
23-03-2016, 01:17 PM
(23-03-2016 12:19 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  It may be IMPOSSIBLE for life to come from nonlife.

I think it is inevitable for life to eventually come from certain forms of non-life, and that one day science will have a functional theory describing exactly how it happens.

However, if life cannot come from non-life, where did your alleged god come from?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2016, 01:33 PM
(23-03-2016 12:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 07:28 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  What is there to discuss? I just want to see the proof.

You act like the "proof" is a material object that I can hand to you. It will take a discussion.

Judging from how you've behaved in this thread a discussion with you would obviously accomplish nothing.
23-03-2016, 01:40 PM
(23-03-2016 01:33 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 12:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You act like the "proof" is a material object that I can hand to you. It will take a discussion.

Judging from how you've behaved in this thread a discussion with you would obviously accomplish nothing.

For "discussion", read bullshit.Facepalm

For "proof", you can pretty well read anything because wild cow hasn't got clue 1 what it means.Laughat

23-03-2016, 01:49 PM
(23-03-2016 12:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  How in the hell are they independent theories if one depends on the other. Why does it not see that if one depends on the other, they are not independent?

Because one doesn't depend on the other. As I stated earlier there are people who do not believe in god or abiogenesis. They strongly believe the planet was "seeded" by aliens -- who had no interest in anything else. Like throwing seeds out a window to be carried on the breeze. Except in this case, I gather, the breeze was a cosmic one.

They often point to meteors that have collided with our planet.

Evolution by natural selection is what took place after those "seeds" were sown.

I should note, this isn't something I personally agree or disagree with, I am only offering as an example of how flawed your thinking is in this instance.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-03-2016, 02:01 PM
(23-03-2016 01:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 12:23 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  How in the hell are they independent theories if one depends on the other. Why does it not see that if one depends on the other, they are not independent?

I am only offering as an example of how flawed your thinking is in this instance.

Have you been taking 'nice pills' again?

I can't find a single instance where mad cow boy has been right.

23-03-2016, 02:26 PM
(23-03-2016 02:01 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 01:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I am only offering as an example of how flawed your thinking is in this instance.

Have you been taking 'nice pills' again?

I can't find a single instance where mad cow boy has been right.

Yes, I have actually recieved a dose of what might described as 'nice pills' except it doesn't come in pill form. Smile

I don't necessarily disagree with everything he's said. He's good for a zinger once in a blue moon.

But, having said this, I'm not doing this particularly for cotw specifically but for others who might be lurking on this thread and feel the argument put forth has some merit.

These would be the people who are already predisposed to agree with cotw and not the ones who understand the argument is rubbish.

Having said this, I'll admit my altruistic interest in this thread is waning, so depending on his reply, if any, might strongly influence any further actions I take.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-03-2016, 02:32 PM
(23-03-2016 02:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, I have actually recieved a dose of what might described as 'nice pills' except it doesn't come in pill form. Smile

Ah, whiskey. Is there any emotional problem you can't solve?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post