Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
23-03-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(23-03-2016 02:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 02:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, I have actually recieved a dose of what might described as 'nice pills' except it doesn't come in pill form. Smile

Ah, whiskey. Is there any emotional problem you can't solve?

Laugh out load

No, it's still too early for that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2016, 02:41 PM
(23-03-2016 02:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Laugh out load

Ah. A cognac woman. I can respect that.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
23-03-2016, 02:48 PM
(23-03-2016 02:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 02:01 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Have you been taking 'nice pills' again?

I can't find a single instance where mad cow boy has been right.

Yes, I have actually recieved a dose of what might described as 'nice pills' except it doesn't come in pill form. Smile

I don't necessarily disagree with everything he's said. He's good for a zinger once in a blue moon.

But, having said this, I'm not doing this particularly for cotw specifically but for others who might be lurking on this thread and feel the argument put forth has some merit.

These would be the people who are already predisposed to agree with cotw and not the ones who understand the argument is rubbish.

Having said this, I'll admit my altruistic interest in this thread is waning, so depending on his reply, if any, might strongly influence any further actions I take.

I catch your drift but, although I haven't been a member of these hollowed halls for too long, I'm assuming that wild cow isn't the first to come here and mistakenly think that he could convert the lot of us in 50 seconds flat.

It's odd and maybe he ought to give this some thought but we allow him to post without let or hindrance. Yet, if any of us attempts to post on a religtard forum and declare that we are peaceable atheists, then that's it. An instant life ban. Not only that, they pass on ISP's to every bleedin' religtard forum on the planet so when you register with another religtard forum, you don't even get past the Registration function. It seems that atheists are far more sure of our non-beliefs than religtards are of their beliefs.

That said, these religtards are a tad stupid. We invited quite a high-ranking clergy type to come and talk to us. Most of us have degrees. Some of us have multiple degrees including PhDs.

We agreed on a non-contentious but religtard-related topic. I also warned the clergy NOT to try and convert the audience.

The clergy did try the conversion thing and got ripped limb-from-limb. Eventually, the audience realised what that the clergy wasn't particularly intelligent and eased off. Such is their stupidity so, I really shouldn't be surprised by wild cow's actions. The problem with religtards is that they don't realise how dumb they are - a la Dunning Kruger.

The clergy was also interesting in that they merely thought that we hated god. They didn't and couldn't understand why it was that we didn't believe.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 02:52 PM
(23-03-2016 02:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 02:01 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Have you been taking 'nice pills' again?

I can't find a single instance where mad cow boy has been right.

Yes, I have actually recieved a dose of what might described as 'nice pills' except it doesn't come in pill form. Smile

I don't necessarily disagree with everything he's said. He's good for a zinger once in a blue moon.

But, having said this, I'm not doing this particularly for cotw specifically but for others who might be lurking on this thread and feel the argument put forth has some merit.

These would be the people who are already predisposed to agree with cotw and not the ones who understand the argument is rubbish.

Having said this, I'll admit my altruistic interest in this thread is waning, so depending on his reply, if any, might strongly influence any further actions I take.

Out of interest, what did he say that you didn't disagree with?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 02:55 PM
(22-03-2016 07:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 06:32 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  pissing in the wind as trying to teach Cartilage of the brain science is like trying to change the ebb and flow of the tides by pissing in the ocean. But anyway...this has pictures....those who have comprehension challenges like our dear friend COTW may enjoy them....

http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reas...oftheEarth

Well, well, well...if it isn't GWOG...here for his quarterly ass whoopin? *looks at calendar*, yeah, its been at least three months since your last one...you are bout due Yes

buahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaa oh the delusions of grandeur. *wipes tear* as soon as you can rub the permanent imprint of my foot off your ass from the last ass beating I gave you let me know...see here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...f-the-wild

See folks, here is what it all boils down to, in his limited little brain, he thinks there are only two possibilities to explain life on earth...GOD....or...well GOD.

Since science can not, yet, and most likely ever, be able to answer every question....we must make up shit like GOD and put that in place of knowledge. God of the gaps is what he should get tattooed on his forehead.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 9 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
23-03-2016, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2016 04:11 PM by Leo.)
Damn. I hear Phil Collins in the air tonight song again. This man is a genius musician. What happened to music this days ? Today's music is mostly crap.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
23-03-2016, 03:38 PM
(23-03-2016 10:32 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As long as CotW continues to control his own mind, he will NEVER become an atheist. He will NEVER believe that a mindless and blind process (nature) can create life, consciousness, species, universes, and language. Never.

Also, he does not believe that a "number of people from this forum" has presented any coherent ideas or information...and if by slight chance there has been any coherent ideas of information, it hasn't come from you (personally).

And there in lies the problem. Your admittance to denying new information to keep your dillusion alive.

With this being said I think the conversation is over. You fail to provide relevant and information to meet the standards of reason. And fail at creating a falsifiable hypothesis.

And the information that has been accumulated, presented, refereed to with falsifiable theory's. Is ignored, or rejected.

You will never change minds, at least here. And we will never change yours. So there's the door don't let it hit you on the way out.

(23-03-2016 09:40 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I don't have enough faith to be an atheist, sorry. You have more faith then me, apparently.

Well I sure Frank Turek would be happy that you've read his book. (or at least the cover)

But if you haven't learned no faith is required to be an atheist in the year you've been here. Then I guess you never will.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
23-03-2016, 03:42 PM
(23-03-2016 02:52 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 02:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, I have actually recieved a dose of what might described as 'nice pills' except it doesn't come in pill form. Smile

Out of interest, what did he say that you didn't disagree with?

Cotw has come up with some nice zingers to our members in the form of pithy retorts and I tend to appreciate humor.

I enjoy a meaningful discussion -- I've learned much from watching threads like these (long before it was my duty to observe them), for the nuggets of brilliance that encouraged my further reading on various subjects. Challenge my thoughts, even my world view. I'm not fearful of being swayed and at worst I might learn something unexpected from someone else.

I don't mind discourse, or even extremely mild proselytizing, so long as it's part of a meaningful discussion. I'll admit again, those threads are unfortunately rare but fascinating when they do come up. I find it also a bit sad that some of our more challenging theists are driven off because we are so battle worn from the likes of cotw (and the newer agnostic Shane -- Q et al) that they are seemingly beaten to a pulp with insults without much thought.

That said there are a few theists who do make this place their "home", but generally those aren't here to debate with us, but have a genuine desire to be friendly. They participate in areas outside of Atheism and Theism, and coexist happily with us. We can even disagree with them on their belief, and presumably they with us, without losing mutual respect.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-03-2016, 04:04 PM
(23-03-2016 02:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 02:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Ah, whiskey. Is there any emotional problem you can't solve?

Laugh out load

Milk of Amnesia? (I do hope that this translates)

[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 04:09 PM
(23-03-2016 03:38 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [quote='god has no twitter account' pid='967082' dateline='1458747641']
I don't have enough faith to be an atheist, sorry. You have more faith then me, apparently.

Commonsensei - I have to object. I didn't write the above - CotW did.