Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
24-03-2016, 11:27 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(23-03-2016 11:11 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Aren't Solipsists non theists?

What?!? No. Just no. Solipsists are the OG Gods.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-03-2016, 11:28 AM
(24-03-2016 11:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You are a perfect advertisement for why no one would want to buy into your cultish nonsense.

Oh, CULTISH.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
24-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Time machine

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
24-03-2016, 12:03 PM
(24-03-2016 12:00 PM)Leo Wrote:  Time machine

At the 3rd. stroke, it will be 18:00 precisely.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
24-03-2016, 12:09 PM
(24-03-2016 12:03 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:00 PM)Leo Wrote:  Time machine

At the 3rd. stroke, it will be 18:00 precisely.

But it's only 14:08 right now.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
24-03-2016, 12:16 PM
(24-03-2016 12:09 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:03 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  At the 3rd. stroke, it will be 18:00 precisely.

But it's only 14:08 right now.

Jesus, it's 18:15 now. What the hell is happening?Hobo

24-03-2016, 12:19 PM
(24-03-2016 12:16 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:09 PM)Leo Wrote:  But it's only 14:08 right now.

Jesus, it's 18:15 now. What the hell is happening?Hobo

I got 1419.

#sigh
24-03-2016, 12:21 PM
(24-03-2016 12:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:16 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Jesus, it's 18:15 now. What the hell is happening?Hobo

I got 1419.

You've got 1,419 what?

or do you means it's 1419 CE where you are.

I'm so confused.

24-03-2016, 12:26 PM
(24-03-2016 09:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 12:39 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  "If abiogenesis didn't happen, evolution can't happen", on the other hand, remains false, as evolution could still happen even if a god were responsible for creating life.

First off, you of all people should know that I already grant the notion that evolution is possible with divine intervention. No shit. But we are not talking about theistic-evolution, we are talking about YOUR view and the notion that evolution occurs WITHOUT divine intervention.

...And you question that by attacking abiogenesis, which is in no way related to evolution.

You aren't very good at this.

(24-03-2016 09:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This is noticably the most you've mentioned the "God Hypothesis"

No, it isn't. I have been saying the same thing since this whole blitheringly idiotic sub-discussion began. You just haven't been paying attention. Or you've been utterly failing to understand what is being said. Or perhaps you've been rejecting it out of hand. The result is the same.

I have snipped quite a lot of repetitive gibberish wherein you utterly fail to respond to what I have actually said, as I don't feel like wasting time with your misinterpretations when it won't change a damn thing regardless. Moving on...

(24-03-2016 09:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So let me ask you this. Since you don't believe in God/intelligent design...please answer the following question: Is it possible for abiogenesis to be false?

This question is soooo powerful, that I can tell that it is a trick question...and by "trick question" I mean that it doesn't matter whether you answer "yes" or "no", you are screwed either way.

I'm sure that you think that. But no, at this point, it is no more "possible" for abiogenesis to be false than it is "possible" for the theory of relativity to be false. Literally all evidence that we have points to it being true.

Abiogenesis is only "possibly" false in the same way that the Loch Ness Monster is "possibly" real - that is, only in the most pedantic and worthless sense.

(24-03-2016 09:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 12:39 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You haven't actually done any research whatsoever on abiogenesis and biochemistry, have you? Literally all evidence we have - I repeat, without hyperbole, all evidence - about the nature of life points to abiogenesis not only being possible, but a reality.

Oh, please provide evidence that someone went to a lab and creating life from nonliving material. I will wait.

Something something denying the existence of logical deduction something something we've danced this dance a dozen times and you are still wrong something something don't care.

(24-03-2016 09:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Give me one scientific reason why we are to believe that life can originate from nonliving material.

Literally the entire field of biochemistry.

(24-03-2016 09:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If atheist (your view) is true, then evolution IS dependent on abiogenesis.

But you haven't asked about an exclusively atheistic interpretation. That is the point that people have been trying to drill through your thick skull for nigh on ten pages now. Your question is incomplete and worthless.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
24-03-2016, 12:29 PM
(24-03-2016 10:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Are you wilfully ignoring responses and posts that directly respond to you with a clear cut explanation to why this they MUST be linked view is flawed? Or are answers too many to combat.

First of all, NO one is adequately answering the question. I don't have to accept any given answer, unlike you and others on here. Just because someone offers any PISS POOR answer to the question, that doesn't mean that the question was adequately answered.

Also, just because someone offers a post full of technical spewage and excellent, state-of-the-art bio-babble, doesn't mean that the post is adaquate or even scientifically/logically true.

So basically, what I am saying is; the responses to the question hasn't been adequately answered, and if you can sit there and think that they were, then you are intellectually LOST, bruh.

(24-03-2016 10:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's simple, because of various ideas such as life seeding on earth by aliens

Then you are postuating supernatural aliens, which would still be intelligent design, wouldn't it?

(24-03-2016 10:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  a cosmic force that isn't god causing things such as a karma essence

A cosmic force with no mind or vision can "cause" karma? SMH.

(24-03-2016 10:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  or this believe some have of holons that is just this guiding force in the universe that trends toward consciousnesses as a higher plane which enacts and forms live in that way.

The above quote needs to be in the Guinness Book of World Records, for the most times the question has been begged in a single sentence.

*looks over sentence* Yup, thats gotta be a record.

(24-03-2016 10:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Neither of these are god claims nor about that view of abiogenesis but they may also believe evolution still.

Evolution cannot be true while abiogenesis is false. Clyde, if you get your head out of your ass and put it back on your shoulders, you would know this.