Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
24-03-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(24-03-2016 01:18 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yes it would still be intelligent design in the case of aliens... So???? That's not a negating response.

What the hell do you mean "so"? If it is intelligent design, then atheism would be FALSE.

(24-03-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Okay, so it'd be intelligent design by aliens, exactly. Them seeding earth then evolution taking place. Thus, evolution without it starting connected form abiogenesis.

No, they would have to be supernatural aliens. They couldn't be natural aliens. The origins of life is not something a natural being can whip up. If it was, then we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

(24-03-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  "karma" is a cosmic force in the light of that as descried, not that it can cause Karma, it's one in the same. This is a view of some eastern spiritualists in versions of Buddhism/Hinduism.

Do you know anything about religious and spiritual beliefs outside of that God of Abraham collection?

The explanation of what karma is, is unnecessary, considering the fact that the explanation doesn't negate anything that I said.

(24-03-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm not "begging the question" you apparently need comprehension levels. I'm giving you ALTERNATIVES that actual people across the globe think that don't confirm to your proclamation that its abiogenesis tied to evolution or GOD did it view of this. That one you deemed me begging the question comes from this idea of Integral Theory a new agey faith from a few decades back that still have believers today. Welcome to the world. It may be scary and think people are nuts because they don't agree with you.

For the third time, I said that any explanation that is given either falls under the supernatural/intelligent design umbrella, or the naturalistic/nature umbrella. Now Clyde, you've done all of this talking, yet none of what you said undermines ANYTHING that I said. I don't care whether you practice buddhism, hinduism, witchcraft, satanism, Christianity, naturalism, humanism, etc. (only Christianity gets the capital Big Grin ). It doesn't matter, any of your beliefs will fall under those two umbrellas...and the origins of life will also fall under those two umbrellas...you've said nothing to negate this FACT, so basically...you just WASTED MY TIME with IRRELEVANCE.

Intelligent design in that form doesn't equal god. Aliens either if they were supernatural or natural, doesn't equal God. ..Yes Aliens or natural life might be able to create life. How do we know that is impossible at this point, do we know EVERYTHING POSSIBLE that natural life could do? Then following with what you said later on, you clearly get that supernatural causes to aliens being alive doesn't equal GOD, it could equal another supernatural force. So don't make such mistakes to equate GOD as the only supernatural option. It paints yourself as dumber than you are.

I don't care about your presumed nature of it being either that or this. Okay so what. My point was that it doesn't mean God. You still don't grasp that somehow. You don't see this? Aliens seeding life doesn't mean god caused it. You even said different things here, because clearly you're too focused on what you think my objection is than actually understanding and learning from people.

Supernatural explanations don't validate YOUR supernatural explanation of God. My point is that it's clearly in no way God or Naturalism. Sure it can be supernatural or natural. Okay, then say that. I'm trying to formulate to you how clearly your language and argument used was flawed. You can now say you were using this point but you haven't been. Co-op it to be accurate and learn something of views beyond your judeo-christian notions of it while you do.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
24-03-2016, 01:29 PM

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-03-2016, 01:32 PM
This is girly watch. Isn't atomic but it's very awesome.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
24-03-2016, 01:32 PM
(24-03-2016 01:24 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, not at all. It just means that that first organism did not arise from abiogenesis, but some other way.

Right, supernaturally. If it didn't arise naturally, it would have to arise supernaturally. As we can clearly see, Chas refuses to even use the WORD "supernatural". He can't even do it. Laugh out load

SMH.

I previously used the word 'magic'; same thing.

So if it arose magically, it still does not negate evolution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2016, 01:33 PM
(24-03-2016 01:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Possibly too subtle? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-03-2016, 01:34 PM
(24-03-2016 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:24 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Right, supernaturally. If it didn't arise naturally, it would have to arise supernaturally. As we can clearly see, Chas refuses to even use the WORD "supernatural". He can't even do it. Laugh out load

SMH.

I previously used the word 'magic'; same thing.

So if it arose magically, it still does not negate evolution.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is another shining example of how CotW knows less than nothing. It would almost be impressive, if it wasn't so fucking frightening.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-03-2016, 01:37 PM
(24-03-2016 01:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And that, ladies and gentlemen, is another shining example of how CotW knows less than nothing. It would almost be impressive, if it wasn't so fucking frightening.

Literally every post he has made in this thread has demonstrated that.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
24-03-2016, 01:39 PM
(24-03-2016 01:32 PM)Leo Wrote:  This is girly watch. Isn't atomic but it's very awesome.
Why have you got Girlyman's watch?

What happened to his sundial (and his torch)?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
24-03-2016, 01:43 PM
(24-03-2016 01:39 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:32 PM)Leo Wrote:  This is girly watch. Isn't atomic but it's very awesome.
Why have you got Girlyman's watch?

Sundial and torch seems more like girly style. So you are telling me that girly guess the hour 1459 with a sundial. Very impressive !Ohmy

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
24-03-2016, 01:54 PM
(24-03-2016 01:43 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:39 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Why have you got Girlyman's watch?

Sundial and torch seems more like girly style. So you are telling me that girly guess the hour 1459 with a sundial. Very impressive !Ohmy

Sundial AND A TORCH - yes.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored