Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-03-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(25-03-2016 07:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  You either completely missed the point or are avoiding it.

You are the one that postulated magic, catman. And my response to that was, if "magic" explains the origins of life, then that would defeat naturalism...and that would also require a magician...unless you can eplain "magic" without a magician.

So I didn't "miss" a damn thing. You are simply boxed into a corner and there is no way out, so the only thing you can do is call into question my understanding of what you said, when you know full well that this is basically a checkmate. Why?

Because as I continue to stress, you can't rebuttal the truth. You seem to be finding that out the hard way Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2016, 10:16 AM
(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Greetings all,

My question is for the atheists out there. This is a serious question and I'd like serious answers. Let's try to keep the bullshit to a minimum, shall we?

Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

Is it to the extent where you pass by a Church on Sunday, and you see all of the Church attendees in the parking lot greeting each other...and you say to yourself "What a bunch of idiots..."

Is that what you think? I am just curious, as I am trying to figure out how far to the left some of you are on the "belief" line Laugh out load

Yes. It is definately just as ludicrous. Although I see it more similar to being infected by a parasite.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
25-03-2016, 10:18 AM
(25-03-2016 10:06 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 07:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  You either completely missed the point or are avoiding it.

You are the one that postulated magic, catman. And my response to that was, if "magic" explains the origins of life, then that would defeat naturalism...and that would also require a magician...unless you can eplain "magic" without a magician.

So I didn't "miss" a damn thing. You are simply boxed into a corner and there is no way out, so the only thing you can do is call into question my understanding of what you said, when you know full well that this is basically a checkmate. Why?

Because as I continue to stress, you can't rebuttal the truth. You seem to be finding that out the hard way Laugh out load

So it's a case of failing to understand, then. Good to know.

Yes, Call, magic - or God, or whatever other supernatural force you care to name - being responsible for the creation of life would overturn naturalism. That has never been in question. No one here has argued against that.

What we have pointed out repeatedly - and what you still fail to grasp - is that, even if a naturalistic mechanism for the origins of life was conclusively demonstrated to be impossible (and it hasn't), evolution could still be true. Evolution is not dependent on abiogenesis or atheism. You seem to think it requires both.

It is also boggling that you think anyone here is afraid of a hypothetical. Yes, if you were able to prove that abiogenesis was false and a god was necessary for the creation of life, we would be forced to admit that atheism was not a tenable position.

But you haven't proven that. You haven't even begun to build a case for it.

And you won't.

Because it is not true.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
25-03-2016, 10:27 AM
(24-03-2016 11:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No it's not, what the hell are you talking about?

On judgement day, there will be no distinction between the atheist and the agnostic. So, define it however you want. On judgement day, when you stand before the Almighty, you won't have the "right to an attorney" to where you can have your attorney stand there and argue semantics and definitions.

You either accept Jesus, or you don't. No in-betweens, no loop holes, no bullshit legal technicalities.
25-03-2016, 10:39 AM
(25-03-2016 10:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No in-betweens, no loop holes, no bullshit legal technicalities,
no god, no jesus - but there's coke and popcornPopcorn and coffeeDrinking Beverage and yes tea (milk and sugar for the guy in San Diego and lemon for me) for those who want it.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
25-03-2016, 10:39 AM
(25-03-2016 10:06 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

No, you miss the point completely. The point is that the origin of life has no bearing on the evolution of life.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-03-2016, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 01:01 PM by Commonsensei.)
(25-03-2016 10:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 11:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No it's not, what the hell are you talking about?

On judgement day, there will be no distinction between the atheist and the agnostic. So, define it however you want. On judgement day, when you stand before the Almighty, you won't have the "right to an attorney" to where you can have your attorney stand there and argue semantics and definitions.

You either accept Jesus, or you don't. No in-betweens, no loop holes, no bullshit legal technicalities.

[Image: Evil-Laugh-GIF.gif?gs=a]

You should do stand-up. I can't remember the last time I've laughed so hard.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
25-03-2016, 10:43 AM
(24-03-2016 10:02 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Are you not reading what you are responding to, or just utterly failing to grasp it?

Never fails.

(24-03-2016 10:02 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes,

Subjective. That doesn't look like a damn duck to me.

(24-03-2016 10:02 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  we

Archaeopteryx could have been a bird with teeth. Ever consider that one? How are you able to rule out the fact that this may have been a bird with teeth? Letting our presuppositions interpret things for us, are we?

(24-03-2016 10:02 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  do.

Don't know what the hell that is and don't pretend too.

(24-03-2016 10:02 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You ignored them entirely and are now attempting to pretend that the entire exchange never happened, of course, because that is how you do these things. But that is rather beside the point.

You said that every fossil is a transitional one, now all of a sudden you have specifics? Laugh out load
25-03-2016, 10:45 AM
(25-03-2016 10:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, you miss the point completely. The point is that the origin of life has no bearing on the evolution of life.

If God doesn't exist, and abiogenesis is false, how is evolution true?
25-03-2016, 10:52 AM
(25-03-2016 10:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  On judgement day, there will be no distinction between the atheist and the agnostic. So, define it however you want. On judgement day, when you stand before the Almighty, you won't have the "right to an attorney" to where you can have your attorney stand there and argue semantics and definitions.

Jesus said "No one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him" .... he wouldn't have said that, if there was no sub-category to talk about, and every one was called. So Wail of the Child, you can make up all the bullshit you want, it's just you making up bullshit ... nothing more. Lame claptrap, of a very uneducated fool. A fool that can't even say whether his god created Reality. If your god is SO stupid, he doesn't know the difference between someone who says "I believe", and really does, and someone who says it just to avoid a judgment, then you're all screwed, and you have a REALLY stupid god.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post