Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-03-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(24-03-2016 06:38 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The aliens would have to be NECESSARY in their existence..and to be NECESSARY in your existence is to be God.

Yet Wail of the Child can't and won't answer who or what created the very Reality in which his (pretend) god, is "necessary". His god is SUBJECT to the Reality it lives in. He never learned any little memorized strings of bullshit to deal with that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2016, 10:56 AM
(25-03-2016 10:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jesus said "No one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him"

So the father is an artist as well as a god?

There's no end to god's talents.Bowing

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
25-03-2016, 11:00 AM
(25-03-2016 10:56 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 10:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jesus said "No one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him"

So the father is an artist as well as a god?

There's no end to god's talents.Bowing

Crayons.
I think he eats em.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-03-2016, 11:02 AM
(25-03-2016 10:18 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  So it's a case of failing to understand, then. Good to know.

So how is one to interpret an answer of "magic could have done it". You sit there and tell me how one is supposed to interpret such an answer.

(25-03-2016 10:18 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes, Call, magic - or God, or whatever other supernatural force you care to name - being responsible for the creation of life would overturn naturalism. That has never been in question. No one here has argued against that.

That is bullshit, and you know it. That is not the answer I would expect coming from someone that doesn't believe in God. Again, it is as clear as day. You went from "there is no god/intelligent designer", to "evolution occurred, even if God orchestrated it, it occurred".

You, along with Chas, are both singing a different tune Yes

(25-03-2016 10:18 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  What we have pointed out repeatedly - and what you still fail to grasp - is that, even if a naturalistic mechanism for the origins of life was conclusively demonstrated to be impossible (and it hasn't), evolution could still be true. Evolution is not dependent on abiogenesis or atheism. You seem to think it requires both.

Right!!! That is the point...evolution COULD BE TRUE without abiogenesis...but then at that point you are going to need intelligent design. No one is denying that. In fact, that is the position of theists who believe in evolution.

But your position is and has been; that the IS NO INTELLIGENT DESIGNER. So you shouldn't even be mentioning intelligent design. The only reason you are mentioning it now is because you've been boxed into a corner, but you STILL need to push your evolution agenda...and since the whole abiogenesis thing is now in the ground, the "God Hypothesis" is the only game left in town so now you don't have a choice but to at least CONSIDER the possibility of intelligent design...but that is completely contrary to how you were talking beforehand.

Laugh out load

(25-03-2016 10:18 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It is also boggling that you think anyone here is afraid of a hypothetical. Yes, if you were able to prove that abiogenesis was false and a god was necessary for the creation of life, we would be forced to admit that atheism was not a tenable position.

^Do you see this, Chas?? Read the fine print. But on a serious note, I am glad that you finally admit this, Unbeliever. I know it took a lot, but you made it. Good stuff.

Mad props to you for that Thumbsup

(25-03-2016 10:18 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  But you haven't proven that. You haven't even begun to build a case for it.

And you won't.

Because it is not true.

I can prove it. That is another topic altogether though Cool
25-03-2016, 11:05 AM
(25-03-2016 10:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  On judgement day, when you stand before the Almighty, you won't have the "right to an attorney" to where you can have your attorney stand there and argue semantics and definitions.

You either accept Jesus, or you don't. No in-betweens, no loop holes, no bullshit legal technicalities.

Same cowardly threat from "Q", same answer from me:

You know what? Achmed also has no thoughts of his own and needs another guy with his hands up his ass to make him talk.

So take your empty, dishonest, evil, vile and most of all cowardly (aka. pretending they are someone elses) threats and shove them up where Jeff Dunhams right hand is. Ok?
25-03-2016, 11:12 AM
(25-03-2016 11:02 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I can prove it. That is another topic altogether though Cool

Yes - just like you proved that it was your god, as opposed to one of the the other 2,199 other gods that created the universe.

Oh, and I hear that you are a country member of your xtian church. And yes - they do remember.Big Grin

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
25-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Superman sleeps with Chuck Norris pajamas.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
25-03-2016, 11:17 AM
(25-03-2016 11:02 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I can prove it. That is another topic altogether though.

I suppose the dog ate your homework.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Chucknorris counted Infinity twice.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
25-03-2016, 11:19 AM
(24-03-2016 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Every fossil is transitional, because every living organism is transitional compared to every other living organism. That's what someone like you would call "micro" evolution.

I am talking about transitional fossils regarding the infamous reptile-bird nonsense.

(24-03-2016 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The whole "missing link" debacle is purely a result of trying to explain to people like you (who are incapable of understanding the very concepts that they attempt to argue against) by using their own inaccurate terms. I agree, these types of terms only muddle up the conversation and make it harder to discern what is being said. So cut that shit out because it's goddamn annoying.

I understand the concept. The concept is, that people like you believe that long ago, when no one was around to see it, the animals of yesterday were doing this cool and amazing stuff that the animals of today have yet to do.

I have no reason to believe that the dogs of today, came from a non-dog of yesterday, when all I see are dogs producing what they are, not what they aren't.

I am being fed, in my opinion, bullshit reasons as to why I am to believe that this "macro" stuff occurred...and not only that it occurred, but it occurred WITHOUT intelligent design, which makes the theory all the more unbelievable.

You don't believe my religion, and I don't believe your religion. Plain and simple.

(24-03-2016 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  On the same note, you wasted more than half of this thread ignoring the fact that people were granting you the possibility of evolution designed by god, then you all of the sudden bust in with "intelligent design" like it's a new concept to the thread. You're either really dishonest or really retarded. I'm leaning towards a bit of both.

Sorry, had to let that out. Carry on. Drinking Beverage

First off, you are late to the party. The only reason that these people are NOW granting the possibility of God + evolution is because I boxed them into a corner regarding the whole abiogenesis thing. Before that, they were making it seem as if naturalistic evolution was the only game in town.

I've dealt with many of these people before this thread, regarding these same issues. So again, you are late to the party.