Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-03-2016, 02:17 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(25-03-2016 02:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Sure, an infinite amount of possible gods. If the argument for the Resurrection is true (which it is), then we know "which" God.

There is no evidence for jesus, let alone for the resurrection.

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 02:23 PM
(25-03-2016 02:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why does it have to be 'God'?

Um, it has to be a NECESSARY, LIVING, preexisting entity that created not only life, but DNA, consciousness, language, and the universe. It had to be an entity that had the POWER to create those things, and the WILL to create those things from nothing.

If this being is LIVING then life was already created.

Quote:Having a "will" to create makes the being personal...and to be able to create from nothing makes the being EXTREMELY powerful. And no matter how hard you try, you can't think of a being that is more powerful than a being that can create from nothing.

But if the being exists, then there is not nothing.

Quote:This is not special pleading for God, either...those attributes are REQUIRED to produce the effects. Those attributes are REQUIRED, and they are NECESSARY.

Except they are contradictory.

Quote:
(25-03-2016 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm assuming you mean your God.

The argument makes a case for a god, not necessarily MY God. In order to draw the conclusion of my God, one would have to produce further argumentation, like the Resurrection argument.

There is no evidence of a resurrection.

Quote:
(25-03-2016 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are infinitely many possibilities for some thing or some being to create life or the conditions for life to occur.

Sure, an infinite amount of possible gods. If the argument for the Resurrection is true (which it is), then we know "which" God.

There is no evidence of a resurrection.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
25-03-2016, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 03:07 PM by god has no twitter account.)
(25-03-2016 02:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Sure, an infinite amount of possible gods. If the argument for the Resurrection is true (which it is), then we know "which" God.

If zombie boy jebus never existed, does that mean that god doesn't exist either - you know - akin to your abiogenesis/theory of evolution argument?

There again, I'm still waiting for the proof of your god.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 03:03 PM
(25-03-2016 11:20 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  It could have been chemical. It could have been other worldly. AS IN microbial on a asteroid or maybe a type of Tardigrade or something.

My money's on the water bear. They are proof positive that resurrection is real.

[Image: tadigras.jpg]

#sigh
25-03-2016, 03:12 PM
(25-03-2016 02:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  If this being is LIVING then life was already created.

No, life was already existing. Chas, you are putting yourself in a position where you will be picked right apart if you continue this discussion with me...slowly and systematically.

Just...stop posting my way, please, for your own good Cool

(25-03-2016 02:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  But if the being exists, then there is not nothing.

I said from nothing, not by nothing.

How the mighty have fallen. Just a shadow of your former self Cool

(25-03-2016 02:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except they are contradictory.

Oh, really? Please, elaborate.

(25-03-2016 02:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence of a resurrection.

I beg to differ, sir.

I beg to differ, sir.
25-03-2016, 03:15 PM
(25-03-2016 02:08 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  This is the same route I took when developing my theory.
All evidence suggests that their is a cause for everything, including a cause. We cannot find evidence for causeless existence because it would require no evidence to prove and thus becomes a totally meaningless statement. Meaningless statements do not make very good logic and by extension very good discussions.
Brb... Need to go pick up the wife and kids.

Shane, you know, if you drop all of this "agnostic" stuff and join Team Jesus, you would be a great asset to the Kingdom. Stop all of this agnostic nonsense and be apart of something special, and real.

Whaddaya say? *extends hand*
25-03-2016, 03:16 PM
(25-03-2016 03:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

I beg to differ, sir.

First, you have to prove zombie jebus exists.

THEN, you have to prove the resurrection - for which there is no proof.

Of you go.

Oh, and don't forget, you still haven't provided proof for your sky wizard.

[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 03:23 PM
(22-03-2016 03:43 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Says the guy that was about to put me on ignore Laugh out loadLaugh out load

This is an outright lie. I have NEVER threatened to put you on IGNORE. If you think otherwise, then I challenge you to link to the relevant posting.

I can see that I'm ultimately wasting my time, and the forum's bandwidth by endeavouring to have any sort of meaningful debate with you CotW.

Your self-deluded stubbornness to even consider logical arguments from other peoples' perspectives marks you as nothing more than a pretentious blowhard living in some sort of befuddled parallel universe within your own cranium.

I seldom sink to posting crude insults towards those of limited intellectual capabilities on forums, but in your particular case CotW, I'm prepared to lower my standards and do so. Please take your bat and ball and go home, and tell your mummy she wants you inside before dark.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
25-03-2016, 03:24 PM
(25-03-2016 02:45 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  If zombie boy jebus never existed, does that mean that god doesn't exist either - you know - akin to your abiogenesis/theory of evolution argument?

I see you took offense to my 1/20 ratio thing, and actually posted something worthy of responding to well in advance.

Keep up the good work, junior Thumbsup

To answer your question, no..if Jesus never existed, all that would prove is Christianity is false. That still doesnt mean that other religions such as Judaism/Islam isn't true...and not only that, but that still doesn't negate the need for a First Cause, which is independent of any given religion or belief.

What did you think, you asked me a "tough" question, bruh?

(25-03-2016 02:45 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  There again, I'm still waiting for the proof of your god.

I'm still waiting on your proof for the non-existence of god.
25-03-2016, 03:28 PM

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post