Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-03-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(25-03-2016 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:00 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would seal the deal if you would just tell my why Team Jesus can be of any use to me.
You see I'm a very selfish person, and I don't diliberately do things without seeking some kind of reward. This is who I am naturally. So is there a place in team Jesus for people like me? What reward can team Jesus give me?
Please don't make any life decisions based on what CotW babbles at you...or at anyone else.
Wouldn't ignoring what everyone else have to say be a life decision?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Agnostic Shane's post
25-03-2016, 06:11 PM
(25-03-2016 06:09 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Please don't make any life decisions based on what CotW babbles at you...or at anyone else.
Wouldn't ignoring what everyone else have to say be a life decision?

I meant anything CotW babbles at you or that he babbles to anyone else.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-03-2016, 06:15 PM
(25-03-2016 06:08 PM)bosco1956 Wrote:  I am an atheist and Buddhist. In Buddism we don't believe in going around spreading the word. Christian do go around and spead the word. I would never try and make you see my path or prove I am right and your wrong. You have your path, works for you. Why does everyone else have to follow your path? Maybe acceptance of others ways even if you don't agree. Kind of arogant to think your path is the right one for all.
If something you said inadvertently caused me to become a Buddhist would you be unhappy?
If I asked you why you became a Buddhist would you be willing to help me understand your reason?
If you lack a reason why you became a Buddhist would it be ok if I call you irational as in having a belief without a valid reason?
[+] 2 users Like Agnostic Shane's post
25-03-2016, 06:16 PM
(25-03-2016 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:09 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Wouldn't ignoring what everyone else have to say be a life decision?

I meant anything CotW babbles at you or that he babbles to anyone else.
Oh I misread that. Sorry.
I can't promise that, but I can promise he will get a hard time trying.
[+] 1 user Likes Agnostic Shane's post
25-03-2016, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-03-2016 06:08 PM)bosco1956 Wrote:  I am an atheist and Buddhist. In Buddism we don't believe in going around spreading the word. Christian do go around and spead the word. I would never try and make you see my path or prove I am right and your wrong. You have your path, works for you. Why does everyone else have to follow your path? Maybe acceptance of others ways even if you don't agree. Kind of arogant to think your path is the right one for all.

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone

If I knew the way I would take you home.

BE THE GOD BITCHES! - Bob
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-03-2016, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 06:28 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(25-03-2016 04:02 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Then present it or shut the fuck up.

Bigfoot routine incoming.

Call_of_the_Wild does not have any evidence for the truth of the resurrection story. He just has the Bible itself, which obviously doesn't work. And that means that he has to open any discussion about evidence for the resurrection by first trying to insinuate that we should take the disciples at their word, and then trying to rope the opposition into pointless games about what it would take to make them believe in Bigfoot.

Of course, the fact that he finds all this necessary in the first place only tends to make it still more obvious that he doesn't actually have anything, but it makes him feel quite intellectually superior, and at the end of the day, isn't that what it's all about?
If the resurrection was true modern Christianity would have no reason to worship the Christian God.
If only CotW would object to this & accept my challenge I would be so happy.
25-03-2016, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 06:43 PM by god has no twitter account.)
(25-03-2016 06:15 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
If something you said inadvertently caused me to become a Buddhist would you be unhappy?
If I asked you why you became a Buddhist would you be willing to help me understand your reason?
If you lack a reason why you became a Buddhist would it be ok if I call you irational as in having a belief without a valid reason?

Deepdown, xtians know that their belief system is bullshit. They often quote their numbers of followers as proof of the fact that they are right and that god exists This is why they wish to swell their ranks. Number and truth are independent variables. It's sad that they do not understand this concept. It is an intellectually dishonest belief system. Only fools believe in their religion.

Here's some examples:

Their god is supposedly all-powerful and yet, still wants Man to kneel before him. Why? More to the point, why would anyone bow down to a made-up entity?

Their god is supposedly all-powerful and yet his church always needs more money. If god is this supposedly all-powerful being, why doesn't he simply provide the money.

If the christard god is the real god, why doesn't he simply destroy the churches of the other religions along with their followers?

If he exists, why has he not shown himself these past 2,000 years?

Their babble states that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god and yet, it is one of the richest entities in the UK.

It is based upon superstitious nonsense that can easily be disproved and has been. Eg. The Exodus. Yet, christards still believe in their babble.

There is no proof for jebus or their sky wizard. Not one shred of evidence has been presented in over 2,000 years. Yet, christards still believe that there is proof.

Basically, christardology is based upon superstition and fear and is mainly the domain of the less intelligent. Numerous studies confirm this.

I could go on but it would be a waste. christards will believe what they want and what they have been told to believe. No amount of logic will change this. Brainwashing is a powerful tool.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 06:31 PM

Christians do have something in common with Muslims. More than they'll admit to of course but it's there.
Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Sussudio!!

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
25-03-2016, 06:46 PM
(25-03-2016 06:00 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would seal the deal if you would just tell my why Team Jesus can be of any use to me.
You see I'm a very selfish person, and I don't diliberately do things without seeking some kind of reward. This is who I am naturally. So is there a place in team Jesus for people like me? What reward can team Jesus give me?

Can we have a serious conversation about this via pm?