Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-03-2016, 05:03 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(25-03-2016 08:08 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 07:59 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Do you get some sort of primal thrill out of repeatedly spamming these forums? Can I ask you how old you are?

What the hell you are talking about ? This thread is a big joke and The last person to post wins thread is clearly intented to be a game. You are really retarded , if you think Call of the Will wants to have a real debate in this thread. I'm not the only one spamming this thread by the way.Rolleyes

True.

This is a bass drum.

[Image: 4575KilbournbassdrumportraitLG.jpg]

Agnostic Shane is possibly the most idiotic poster yet. He makes Piskey look like a genius. And Piskey is insane!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
26-03-2016, 05:37 AM
(25-03-2016 10:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 10:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I was speaking about the color blue. Not the word blue.

The meaning of the word blue (noun) is described using the color blue (adjective)

That's how they were able to explain what blue is by using the word blue in the explanation.
The semantics are different although the word remains the same.

The color blue is not a noun, it is an adjective.
The word blue is a noun.
Do you see the semantics?

2 dictionaries do not agree with your nonsense.

I am not objecting to the use of the label, I am objecting to the use of a subjective label by someone that thinks we should not use subjective labels. If he isn't objecting to subjective labels then i have no objections, but why then is he objecting to the subjective label of God?

450-500 wavelength is objective
If a description of that wavelength is variable then "the description" is subjective & it is not "the wavelength" that is subjective.

If we want to only believe in objective things and want people to only speak about objective things then why would we believe and speak about subjective things?
To keep this world view consistent we should never refer to 450-500 wavelength as blue, but rather we should refer to 450-500 wavelength as "450-500 wavelength"
If our expressed world view does not match our explanation it gives the appearance of hypocrisy.

To Bucky:

It's a feeling, a subjectively abstract concept. You are claiming perception is objective. There is a clear distinction.
The concepts of colors, bitterness, loudness, hardness, smelliness, love, hate, anger are all feelings.
Feelings can only be proven based on human emotions which makes it subjective.

No one is saying that feelings don't exist.
I am saying they fall under the category of subjective and not objective.

You are continuously doing this:
You say it can be proven to exist by examining the subjective human thought process and that makes it objective.

The problem is if I use this logic there is no difference between subjective things and objective things.
Name one example of a subjective thing that can't be objective using your own logic.

If the only way for you to prove that a certain thing exists is by examining human perception then it is automatically subjective in nature.
Please stop trying to prove objective reality by using subjective evidence
26-03-2016, 05:39 AM
(26-03-2016 05:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:08 PM)Leo Wrote:  What the hell you are talking about ? This thread is a big joke and The last person to post wins thread is clearly intented to be a game. You are really retarded , if you think Call of the Will wants to have a real debate in this thread. I'm not the only one spamming this thread by the way.Rolleyes

True.

This is a bass drum.

Agnostic Shane is possibly the most idiotic poster yet. He makes Piskey look like a genius. And Piskey is insane!
Very subjective argument, and in no way explanatory.
26-03-2016, 05:47 AM
(26-03-2016 05:39 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 05:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  True.

This is a bass drum.

Very subjective argument, and in no way explanatory.

[Image: kelp.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
26-03-2016, 05:55 AM
Quote:450-500 wavelength is objective
450-500 wavelength as blue
450-500 wavelength as "450-500 wavelength"

Please stick to the most and very basic rule of science and use units -at least once in a while- when you are abusing it.
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
26-03-2016, 05:55 AM
(26-03-2016 05:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 05:39 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Very subjective argument, and in no way explanatory.

[Image: kelp.jpg]

Is that heaven?

Honestly, if we went to the op here and COW really wanted a clear kinda view of how some atheists may view Christians... just look at how HE or other Christians view Muslims, hindu, Buddhists, shintos, wiccans, those few in scandinavia that do believe in norse gods still, tribal animistic believers, etc.

He already showed he doesn't have the respect care about the idea of eastern spiritualist belief's that don't fit the idea of god or naturalism. So these are other beliefs. Looking at those is the same as looking at christians, they do it too, that's why there's that silly adage atheists are just not believing in 1(3) more god than Christians.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
26-03-2016, 05:59 AM
(26-03-2016 05:55 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Is that heaven?

No, it's sea kelp. Wink

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
26-03-2016, 07:07 AM
(26-03-2016 03:15 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Look mad cow, I'll type real slow in the hope that you'll understand. My statement is a response to your claim that de lard exists. It is now on you to prove.

"Since my claim of "there is no god" was in response to your claim of "there is a god, I don't have to prove my claim, but you have to prove yours".

Dude, you sound like a damn fool.
26-03-2016, 07:14 AM
(25-03-2016 08:25 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Small steps, eh? Armageddon could happen at any second, and you want to take small steps. It's bullshit like this that makes me realize that christians don't even truly believe their own nonsense.

Well, there is no Armageddon, according to you. So tell me again what you are bitching about? Laugh out load
26-03-2016, 07:22 AM
(25-03-2016 09:00 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Yes, but I have one condition. If you don't directly respond to a logical objection after 1 week has passed and I am still Agnostic at that time, I get to post the discussion on TTA. Ok?
If I convert I will never let anyone know the details of our conversation.

Deal?

Actually, you can feel free to post the discussion REGARDLESS of whether you convert or not...so I accept those conditions. I do have a condition of my own...which is that we take the discussion to another format/platform. This wont negate your condition one bit, so you can still post the conversation as you see fit.

I like real-time discussions, which is why I'd rather prefer IM discussions (no disrespect to this great forum Thumbsup ).
[+] 1 user Likes Call_of_the_Wild's post