Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-03-2016, 07:24 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
(25-03-2016 08:58 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  im picturing a creepy man luring a child into a windowless van. free candy!

Free salvation!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2016, 07:48 AM
(25-03-2016 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  That something is important to many of us here also.

Is it? You know, I really couldn't tell.

(25-03-2016 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  In fact it's the reason we are here in the first place.

Again, I really couldn't tell.

(25-03-2016 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The very reason I am an atheist today is because it was so important to me to find out the veracity of my faith so that I could have peace of mind in my belief. I didn't necessarily find peace of mind, but rather peace of conscience and understanding. But if you possess knowledge that I don't, I'd love to hear it. That's what my journey is all about.

And I'd love to tell you about it. Those that genuinely, earnestly, and sincerely want to discuss these things, I'd rather have a one on one conversation with. Now, if that's you, I'd rather have a one on one conversation with you.

Throughout my apologetic journey (some 15 years), I've never had an opportunity to "convert" anyone in the sense of someone telling me "I am all ears, why should I accept Christianity? I am open minded, willing to listen/learn...Why should I accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior".

Shane is probably the ONLY person that has ever even HINTED such an open-mindedness.

Everyone else I've encountered just wants to attack. Sure, they may ask for "evidence", but that is only so they can REFUTE the evidence. As I stated before, and this is through experience...when skeptics ask for evidence, it isn't to be convinced, it is to REFUTE. They just want to attack, attack, attack. They want a fight....and if it is a fight that they want, then it is a fight that I will give them.

But again, Shane is the first person that I've encountered in 15 years that genuinely wants to listen, and I think that deserves a personal conversation. That's just a preference. It is something that I take very seriously. I will pray to my God/Christ, and ask that I am given the right words to say, and hopefully, the Holy Spirit will be within me, and we can get busy.

(25-03-2016 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Shane has invited you to join him in the boxing ring, free from distraction and interruption, which you declined. Yet here you are wanting private council with him... why is that?

Because I'd rather use the boxing ring for....BOXING. Not personal discussions. And I am not shy to enter the boxing ring, either. If you want to box, lets box. But the conversation with Shane is a discussion, not a debate.

(25-03-2016 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  What are you going to say to him that can't be said in front of us? What "truth" do you have for him that wouldn't be truth for the rest of us?

The "truth" is for anyone that wants to hear it. That includes you, and anyone else. I will have the conversation with anyone. Would you like to have a one on one conversation?

Matt 11:15 "Whoever has ears, let him hear".

(25-03-2016 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I mean no disrespect to Shane, but he has already proven himself to be less than skeptical of unsound thinking. Might this be why you want to have unfettered communication with him? To be able to make your pitch without the rest of us being able to call out your bull for what it is?

See above.

(25-03-2016 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Sounds shady as fuck to me. Dodgy

Its not shady. I am doing God's work. Cool
26-03-2016, 07:58 AM
(25-03-2016 10:44 PM)bosco1956 Wrote:  Let me ask you: What is your opinion of atheists. Do you accept them? Or are you guilty of doing the same you accuse atheists of doing."think they are stupid, wrong, etc. The old one finger pointed at atiests with three fingers back at you. Self rituous is pointing out someones faults while not seeing you do the same thing.

Good question. Atheism doesn't really exist, in my opinion. Why? Because I don't believe that a rational human being can NOT believe in God. Now sure, there are rational human beings that don't ACCEPT God, but every rational human being believes in God. That is just my opinion.

The belief is easy, it is the acceptance that is difficult. Why? Because people don't like the idea of being accountable to someone. People don't like the idea of being told what to do, and what not to do. They don't like it on an earthly level, so how much more on a cosmic level?

Of course, I can elaborate much further on your question...but that is the gist of things.
26-03-2016, 08:26 AM
(26-03-2016 07:58 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 10:44 PM)bosco1956 Wrote:  Let me ask you: What is your opinion of atheists. Do you accept them? Or are you guilty of doing the same you accuse atheists of doing."think they are stupid, wrong, etc. The old one finger pointed at atiests with three fingers back at you. Self rituous is pointing out someones faults while not seeing you do the same thing.

Good question. Atheism doesn't really exist, in my opinion. Why? Because I don't believe that a rational human being can NOT believe in God. Now sure, there are rational human beings that don't ACCEPT God, but every rational human being believes in God. That is just my opinion.

The belief is easy, it is the acceptance that is difficult. Why? Because people don't like the idea of being accountable to someone. People don't like the idea of being told what to do, and what not to do. They don't like it on an earthly level, so how much more on a cosmic level?

Of course, I can elaborate much further on your question...but that is the gist of things.

You are the irrational one for believing in something without proof.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
26-03-2016, 08:50 AM
(26-03-2016 07:48 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Its not shady. I am doing God's work.

Every insane religious nut case that ever lived, said exactly that.
You're not special.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2016, 08:59 AM
(26-03-2016 07:14 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:25 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Small steps, eh? Armageddon could happen at any second, and you want to take small steps. It's bullshit like this that makes me realize that christians don't even truly believe their own nonsense.

Well, there is no Armageddon, according to you. So tell me again what you are bitching about? Laugh out load

you claim to have evidence, something that would actually deserve attention, yet don't show it. i don't think your sky daddy would appreciate you witholding the only thing capable of saving our heathen atheist souls. then again it must not be very compelling if you're too chicken shit to show it. some babble nonsense that we've all heard before i'm sure.
26-03-2016, 09:01 AM
(26-03-2016 07:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:58 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  im picturing a creepy man luring a child into a windowless van. free candy!

Free salvation!!

No it's not. Salvation aways cost money. Somehow god aways needs money!

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
26-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Actually, I'm not, because Santa could still exist regardless of whether or not there is one SHRED of evidence for his existence. So, even if I was unable to "prove" that Santa exists, that in itself wouldn't be a positive reason why Santa doesn't exist.

Now, the man said "there is no Santa Claus". That is a claim, a proposition that is either true or false. If he thinks that this claim is TRUE, then I'd like to know how does he know that "there is no Santa Claus".

And this nonsense of "Santa doesn't exist until you can prove that he does" is just a illogical response to the question.

All of this [i]ducking and dodging
crap that he has done is just further proof that he made a claim that he is unable to support, and now he is just trying to fiddle faddle his way out of it.

Apparently, you people are not used to getting called out on your bullshit, and once someone like me and Shane comes along and persistently calls you out on it...you don't know what the hell to do but create these bullshit smokescreens.

You've all been on this forum so long, all in each other's faces...patting each other on the back, giving each other kudos...because no one has come along to call you out on your jacked up rationales.

But with these smokescreens, that just lets me know that I am doing my job, and I am doing it well. Yes I predict that I will get kicked off/banned from the forum eventually...which won't surprise me...because it will only get worse for you guys from there..you can bet your last dollar on that Yes[/i]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-03-2016, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2016 09:44 AM by Leo.)
(25-03-2016 09:05 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:08 PM)Leo Wrote:  What the hell you are talking about ? This thread is a big joke and The last person to post wins thread is clearly intented to be a game. You are really retarded , if you think Call of the Will wants to have a real debate in this thread. I'm not the only one spamming this thread by the way.Rolleyes
Seriously Leo. Stop it please. People think CotW has an excuse because they think he is ... Well you know... CotW... but you don't have any excuses.

I think you aren't being reasonable here. Everyone is having fun in this thread and you are asking me to step off? Call of the wild is having fun trolling the members. Some members are having fun responding to call of the wild( to me that's a big waste of time but I respect that) .Others members are having fun spamming this thread. And you want me to be out of the fun?ConsiderSleepy

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
26-03-2016, 09:06 AM
(26-03-2016 09:01 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:24 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Free salvation!!

No it's not. Salvation aways cost money. Somehow god aways needs money!

excuse me sir, but they're called ''gifts''! god loves gifts. who doesn't though, am i right?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post