Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-03-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
Quote:Because I don't believe that a rational human being can NOT believe in God
Textbook ignorance, paired with

Quote:I am doing God's work
textbook hybris.

A real bad combo, for someone trying to be a decent human being.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2016, 09:09 AM
(26-03-2016 07:48 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Everyone else I've encountered just wants to attack. Sure, they may ask for "evidence", but that is only so they can REFUTE the evidence. As I stated before, and this is through experience...when skeptics ask for evidence, it isn't to be convinced, it is to REFUTE. They just want to attack, attack, attack. They want a fight....and if it is a fight that they want, then it is a fight that I will give them.

That's because the evidence you have has already been refuted, many times over and by many, many people. Again, the reason I am an atheist is precisely the fact that I am more interested in the truth than in what I wish was true. You, on the other hand, have already proven yourself to be blatantly averse to any evidence that calls any part of your faith into question.

That's a sad way to live, broham. Why would I be interested in what you're trying to sell?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
26-03-2016, 09:10 AM
(26-03-2016 09:01 AM)Leo Wrote:  No it's not. Salvation aways cost money.

Really? How much?

(26-03-2016 09:01 AM)Leo Wrote:  Somehow god aways needs money!

God: "The Creator of the Universe and everything in it, needs money".

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
26-03-2016, 09:10 AM
(26-03-2016 09:06 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 09:05 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Seriously Leo. Stop it please. People think CotW has an excuse because they think he is ... Well you know... CotW... but you don't have any excuses.

I think you aren't being reasonable here. Everyone is having fun in this thread and you are asking me to step off? Call of the wild is having fun trolling the members. Some members are having fun responding call of the wild( to me that's a big waste of time but I respect that. Others members are having fun spamming this thread. And you want me to be out of the fun?ConsiderSleepy

i'm having fun. watching cow do gawds work is very entertaining. gawd never seems to want to do his own work. lazy bastard!
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
26-03-2016, 09:14 AM
(26-03-2016 09:09 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  That's because the evidence you have has already been refuted, many times over and by many, many people.

If that is what you believe, then no further discussion is necessary.

(26-03-2016 09:09 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Why would I be interested in what you're trying to sell?

Your eternal destination depends on it, in a nut shell.
26-03-2016, 09:14 AM
(25-03-2016 04:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Then present it or shut the fuck up.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Still waiting for your evidence. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-03-2016, 09:17 AM
(26-03-2016 07:22 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 09:00 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Yes, but I have one condition. If you don't directly respond to a logical objection after 1 week has passed and I am still Agnostic at that time, I get to post the discussion on TTA. Ok?
If I convert I will never let anyone know the details of our conversation.

Deal?

Actually, you can feel free to post the discussion REGARDLESS of whether you convert or not...so I accept those conditions. I do have a condition of my own...which is that we take the discussion to another format/platform. This wont negate your condition one bit, so you can still post the conversation as you see fit.

I like real-time discussions, which is why I'd rather prefer IM discussions (no disrespect to this great forum Thumbsup ).
Which platform?
26-03-2016, 09:17 AM
(26-03-2016 09:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 04:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Still waiting for your evidence. Drinking Beverage

he's a little shy. what if we promise not to laugh?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
26-03-2016, 09:21 AM
(26-03-2016 09:17 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Which platform?

Yahoo IM
[+] 1 user Likes Call_of_the_Wild's post
26-03-2016, 09:23 AM
(26-03-2016 09:17 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:22 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Actually, you can feel free to post the discussion REGARDLESS of whether you convert or not...so I accept those conditions. I do have a condition of my own...which is that we take the discussion to another format/platform. This wont negate your condition one bit, so you can still post the conversation as you see fit.

I like real-time discussions, which is why I'd rather prefer IM discussions (no disrespect to this great forum Thumbsup ).
Which platform?

Exactly. No record of his BS.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post