Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-03-2016, 10:19 AM
RE: Question for atheists...
Wow.

Facepalm

Wail of the Child said that not once in his 15 years of bullshitting apologetics, has EVEN ONE person, (until now) approached him about a personal discussion.
Un-fucking-believable.
Not one in 15 years.

Maybe around the 13th year, (just maybe), one just might think "Maybe I should consider changing my approach".

Fuck.
This man is stupid.

Weeping

He remains the best promotion atheists could possibly have, or wish for, for why one would not want to have anything to do with religion.

He's an ignorant, arrogant, uneducated blow-hard. I thank my lucky stars, I have no one like him in my life, I have to put up with. (BTW, he's an embarrassment to Christians. His BS is almost never tempered by kindness, until WE remind him of that. Religion has done him NO good).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2016, 10:30 AM
The thing with Cotw is that it doesn't have any idea what evidence actually is. It thinks evidence for god are writings in an ancient book or some authoritative proclamation by some religious schmoo.

There was some experiment years ago that took creationists into a room that had 20 or so skulls lined up on a table. The first skull was from earliest human like species and the last was modern man. Everything in between was transitional. They were asked to identify the specific skull that represented the change from ancient to modern and not one of the could identify which skull it was.

I wish I could find this scientific study. It was amazing. I'll keep looking.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Link to what is an open mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI
[+] 1 user Likes bosco1956's post
26-03-2016, 10:38 AM
(25-03-2016 10:27 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 11:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No it's not, what the hell are you talking about?

On judgement day, there will be no distinction between the atheist and the agnostic. So, define it however you want. On judgement day, when you stand before the Almighty, you won't have the "right to an attorney" to where you can have your attorney stand there and argue semantics and definitions.

You either accept Jesus, or you don't. No in-betweens, no loop holes, no bullshit legal technicalities.
It's not a "loophole" you fucking idiot, nor am I interested in your juvenile story time. I asked you what the hell you were talking about because what you said is just factually wrong, and the difference between the two has been explained to you for months now.

It is not a matter of semantics and definitions, but that fact you are forming arguments based on faulty information. If you wanna look like an idiot you are more then welcome to but spouting of a bunch of made up threats doesn't make you look like LESS of an idiot. I've seen Judgment Day, John Connor has it well in control.

Thanks for describing the court of your god as a tyrannical dictatorship with no access to legal council or appreciation of the important details of law. Stand up guy you got there fuck wit. Don't you have boots to lick?

What the actual hell is wrong with you and Shane that you just can't physically grasp what the hell an agnostic is?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-03-2016, 10:39 AM
(26-03-2016 08:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:48 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Its not shady. I am doing God's work.

Every insane religious nut case that ever lived, said exactly that.
You're not special.

Your doing your imaginary friends work. Good. My imaginary freind is Winnie the Pooh. I am doing his work. So we are doing the same job. Just different imaginary freinds.
[+] 2 users Like bosco1956's post
26-03-2016, 10:43 AM

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
26-03-2016, 10:45 AM
(26-03-2016 10:39 AM)bosco1956 Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 08:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Every insane religious nut case that ever lived, said exactly that.
You're not special.

Your doing your imaginary friends work. Good. My imaginary freind is Winnie the Pooh. I am doing his work. So we are doing the same job. Just different imaginary freinds.

At least Pooh isn't a murderous beast who demands compliance, and money.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-03-2016, 10:52 AM
(26-03-2016 09:30 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 09:05 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [i]Actually, I'm not, because Santa could still exist regardless of whether or not there is one SHRED of evidence for his existence. So, even if I was unable to "prove" that Santa exists, that in itself wouldn't be a positive reason why Santa doesn't exist.

Now, the man said "there is no Santa Claus". That is a claim, a proposition that is either true or false. If he thinks that this claim is TRUE, then I'd like to know how does he know that "there is no Santa Claus".

And this nonsense of "Santa doesn't exist until you can prove that he does" is just a illogical response to the question.

Wowww, he replaced "God" with "Santa". How cleverrrr. He really needs a pat on the back for that one. I don't know how he ever came up with such a bright idea. He must be really smart.

I'm sure you feel so good on the inside, don't you. That made your day, didn't it? Awwww I'm sure it did Yes It was so damn clever.

Never in a million years could something so....thoughtfully brilliant, EVER cross the minds of other mere mortals. But you, not only did you think of it, but you DID it. I mean, anyone could think of replacing "God" with "Santa", but, to actually DO it...that is a wholeeee different ball game. Brilliant, I tell ya, brilliant.

BowingBowingBowingBowingBowing

[Image: Za3ddWm.gif]

You said yourself if you meet a person that believed in santa clause you wouldn't take that person seriously.

(19-03-2016 09:51 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Now, as we all know, when you ask atheists about their lack of belief in God, they will say things like "I don't believe in God, just like I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy" (insert as many make-believe characters you'd like).

That being said, I am a Christian Theist, so I can only look through the lens of Christianity (Judeo-Christianity)..so..

My question is; Do you really believe that the Christian's belief in God is synonymous to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?? Because to me, if there was an adult that seriously and earnestly believed in Santa Claus/Tooth Fairy, I would probably think that something is wrong with him/her. I would think "I don't understand how rational human being (adult) could ever believe in such a thing".

Is that how you atheists view Christians? Do you really believe that our belief in God is similar to belief in Santa Claus..or is that just something you say to be facetious??

You've also stated you that you can't prove that god exists. And even if or when evidence would come around to state other wise you would just ignore it to continue you're belief because.

(23-03-2016 10:32 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  As long as CotW continues to control his own mind, he will NEVER become an atheist. He will NEVER believe that a mindless and blind process (nature) can create life, consciousness, species, universes, and language. Never.

Although the joke has been used time and time again. It's very easy to replace you're mythical being with any other mythical being. Santa is the most common because most people have grown out of it. People don't believe in Santa even if they don't know about the history of the Coke advertising campaign, his Pagen roots, or the ridiculousness of getting around the earth in one night.

I fact I could very easly use your very arguments to say Spider-man exists, Lepricans, or Bizzo-bongo the God creating God.

Any "evidence" you could present usually in the form of threats or "religious salvation" can very easily be replaced. (You'll go to hell)= (You'll get a visit from the krumps) (You'll reseave eternal salvation)=(You'll get presents)

Now had you read my early response to your original question you would understand that I view the Santa clause comparison more like how a child believes in him and grows out of it.

So i'll continue to crack jokes at your expense. They're not for you anyway.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-03-2016, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2016 11:07 AM by bosco1956.)
(25-03-2016 06:15 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:08 PM)bosco1956 Wrote:  I am an atheist and Buddhist. In Buddism we don't believe in going around spreading the word. Christian do go around and spead the word. I would never try and make you see my path or prove I am right and your wrong. You have your path, works for you. Why does everyone else have to follow your path? Maybe acceptance of others ways even if you don't agree. Kind of arogant to think your path is the right one for all.
If something you said inadvertently caused me to become a Buddhist would you be unhappy?
If I asked you why you became a Buddhist would you be willing to help me understand your reason?
If you lack a reason why you became a Buddhist would it be ok if I call you irational as in having a belief without a valid reason?

I would not defend Buddhism. It is not the same as a Christian one. Your allowed to be any religion and do Buddhism at the same time. No converting anyone. Not agreeing with buddhism does not make me angry. I am not like a Christian who demands others to beleive in what I do! You don't have to beleive in any of Buddhism. It does not ask you to. It is really a take what you like and leave the rest. So reject meditation if it does not work. There is no Dogma to follow.
[+] 1 user Likes bosco1956's post
26-03-2016, 11:12 AM
(26-03-2016 11:00 AM)bosco1956 Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:15 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If something you said inadvertently caused me to become a Buddhist would you be unhappy?
If I asked you why you became a Buddhist would you be willing to help me understand your reason?
If you lack a reason why you became a Buddhist would it be ok if I call you irational as in having a belief without a valid reason?

I would not defend Buddhism. It is not the same as a Christian one. Your allowed to be any religion and do Buddhism at the same time. No converting anyone. Not agreeing with buddhism does not make me angry. I am not like a Christian who demands others to beleive in what I do! You don't have to beleive in any of Buddhism. It does not ask you to. It is really a take what you like and leave the rest. So reject meditation if it does not work. There is no Dogma to follow.

This is too difficult a concept for wild cow to grasp.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored