Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-03-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(25-03-2016 10:34 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I was speaking about the color blue. Not the word blue.

The meaning of the word blue (noun) is described using the color blue (adjective)

That's how they were able to explain what blue is by using the word blue in the explanation.
The semantics are different although the word remains the same.

The color blue is not a noun, it is an adjective.
The word blue is a noun.
Do you see the semantics?

I'm sorry, but are you intellectually disabled? You appear to be suffering from an affliction known as aphasia:

According to the Mayo Clinic: "Aphasia is often a sign of some clinical condition, such as a stroke or a brain tumor. A person with aphasia may;

Speak in short or incomplete sentences; write in sentences that don't make sense; substitute one word for another; speak unrecognizable words; or not understand other people's conversation.

If you are in fact disabled, I apologise in advance for seeming to criticise you unjustly, and without due empathy for your mental dysfunction. If in actuality—as determined by a suitably qualified psychologist or child counsellor— you are not disabled, and truly believe your cognitive and communicative abilities are not diminished, then I can only assume that you're a confirmed moron doing your utmost best with a low IQ (technically, between 50 and 69). I say this only because it's a long, long time since I've seen so much abject drivel posted to a forum under the guise of allegedly "intelligent" comment.

You do however seem to be suffering from some sort of delusional behaviour. I suggest you have a read through this site: The Dunning-Kruger Effect: Are the Stupid Too Stupid to Realize They’re Stupid?.

I sincerely hope I've helped you to become a more worthwhile, well-reasoned member of this—and possibly other—forums. I can imagine it's probably difficult to accept you have some sort of intellectual impairment and deficit of logic, but I wish you well.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like SYZ's post
26-03-2016, 05:54 PM
(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Not so fast, COTW! Consider, please, that the singularity that expanded at the Big Bang is not nothingness.

The event of the Big Bang could not have been one link on an infinitely long chain.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Before the start of the current universe, was there something else there?

Yes. God.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Perhaps there has always been some sort of matter-energy stuff, hence no need for a god to create it.

The argument from contingency.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  At best, a god-like being could only rearrange what was already there.

Then God would have existed in an infinite amount of time, which is logically absurd.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  It could not have created energy, as an act of creation requires energy; and if energy already existed, matter also potentially existed.

Right, and notice that I specifically said "natural" energy, didn't I? For the very reason that you mentioned.
26-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Sorry chaps.

The land of nod calls.

You can finish up here. I think that cow shit and acoustic drain are too engrossed in each other's company to play in earnest tonight. What kind of offspring is likely from their unholy coupling is anyone's guess. I hope, for his sake, that cow shit's church doesn't find out about his little dalliance with acoustic drain. They'd probably castrate and excommunicate him. I think that it should be 'our little secret', don't you?

Anyways, pleasant dreams each and all.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
26-03-2016, 06:07 PM
(26-03-2016 05:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The event of the Big Bang could not have been one link on an infinitely long chain.

Why not? Show us your calculations as to why you feel this to be impossible.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Before the start of the current universe, was there something else there?
(26-03-2016 05:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yes. God

Where did your alleged god come from?

(26-03-2016 05:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The argument from contingency.

Argument from contingency rejected due to parsimony. Matter and energy are things that we know to exist. We have no comparable evidence for an unexplained sentient super-being floating around in the void and one day deciding to create a universe.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  At best, a god-like being could only rearrange what was already there.
(26-03-2016 05:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Then God would have existed in an infinite amount of time, which is logically absurd.

But in Christian theology, isn't your alleged god already eternal? If not, where in blazes did it come from?

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  It could not have created energy, as an act of creation requires energy; and if energy already existed, matter also potentially existed.
(26-03-2016 05:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Right, and notice that I specifically said "natural" energy, didn't I? For the very reason that you mentioned.

So you're assuming that there exists some sort of unnatural or supernatural energy, then? Fine. Prove it exists.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
26-03-2016, 06:27 PM
(26-03-2016 04:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 10:38 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It's not a "loophole" you fucking idiot, nor am I interested in your juvenile story time. I asked you what the hell you were talking about because what you said is just factually wrong, and the difference between the two has been explained to you for months now.

And I am "explaining" to you that however you define anything, if it falls short of "accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior and believing that he died on the cross for your sins"....if it falls short of that, it really doesn't FUCKING matter, it is WRONG.

You can sit there and play these word games all you want of "Oh, agnostics don't believe in Christ, but they don't disbelieve in Christ either"...and all of that other kind of nonsense. It still isn't Christianity...either you are FOR Jesus, or against Jesus. No in-betweens.

So, when you take your scrawny ass to hell, you can say "well, at least I was right about the definition of "agnosticism" Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Yeah Come on Whisky. It's just like one can be for Voldemort or against Voldemort. No in-betweens.

Oh wait?
[Image: 6357213273822127141394153942_Screen%20Sh...0%20AM.png]

So when the Dementors drag your Muggle ass to Azkaban you can say "Well, at least I wasn't a house-elf."
[Image: tumblr_inline_nz7yebLp9r1qmoi03_500.gif]

See how easy this is.

Blank threats.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
26-03-2016, 06:41 PM
(26-03-2016 06:07 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Why not? Show us your calculations as to why you feel this to be impossible.

<----------Past infinity-------------------------Big Bang Event-------------------------Future infinity----->

There is no equal point from the big bang event to past infinity. So for example, lets say that our big bang is the effect of an infinite number of prior big bangs.

Follow me so far?

Now, how many big bang events was needed to create our big bang? An infinite amount, right?

But you should still be able to place a natural number on every single big bang event which preceded ours, right?

So imagine if you counted ALL of the bang events in numerical order which lead to our big bang...and you arrived at our big bang...what number is our big bang??

Consider

You answer can't be "infinity" because infinity isn't a number. So what would our big bang number be? Consider

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Where did your alleged god come from?

Because of the logical problem above, there has to be an ultimate First Cause. A cause that is NECESSARY and is not dependent upon anything outside of it to exist.

So, to ask where did a necessary being come from is illogical. Why? Because if the being came from somewhere, it wouldn't be a necessary being, would it? Big Grin

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Argument from contingency rejected due to parsimony.

The universe is contingent. It didn't have to be here. Anything that is contingent owes its existence to something external from it.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Matter and energy are things that we know to exist.

Sure. Matter and energy are things we know to exist. We just don't know it to have existed forever.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  We have no comparable evidence for an unexplained sentient super-being floating around in the void and one day deciding to create a universe.

The universe began to exist, Astreja, and anything that BEGINS TO EXIST has a cause.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  But in Christian theology, isn't your alleged god already eternal? If not, where in blazes did it come from?

The philosophical definition of "eternity" does not necessarily mean "in time", or "throughout time"...it could also mean "timeless" or "atemporal".

So when we say that God is eternal, we mean that God existed timelessly "before" creation, and now exists throughout a potentially infinite temporal realm.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  So you're assuming that there exists some sort of unnatural or supernatural energy, then? Fine. Prove it exists.

To create from nothing is unnatural, isn't it?
26-03-2016, 06:45 PM
(26-03-2016 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  To create from nothing is unnatural, isn't it?

So how did your god emerge?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
26-03-2016, 06:47 PM
(26-03-2016 03:07 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 12:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Call of the wild and anyone else interested. I would be willing to bend the boxing ring rules on this occasion to allow a few members to have a discussion with CotW. Not debate, just talk...might be interesting.

What would happen at its inevitable fall into argument or insults or "nuh uh" posts?

Then it ends and the thread will be closed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-03-2016, 06:49 PM
(26-03-2016 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 06:07 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Why not? Show us your calculations as to why you feel this to be impossible.

<----------Past infinity-------------------------Big Bang Event-------------------------Future infinity----->

There is no equal point from the big bang event to past infinity. So for example, lets say that our big bang is the effect of an infinite number of prior big bangs.

Follow me so far?

Now, how many big bang events was needed to create our big bang? An infinite amount, right?

But you should still be able to place a natural number on every single big bang event which preceded ours, right?

So imagine if you counted ALL of the bang events in numerical order which lead to our big bang...and you arrived at our big bang...what number is our big bang??

Consider

You answer can't be "infinity" because infinity isn't a number. So what would our big bang number be? Consider

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Where did your alleged god come from?

Because of the logical problem above, there has to be an ultimate First Cause. A cause that is NECESSARY and is not dependent upon anything outside of it to exist.

So, to ask where did a necessary being come from is illogical. Why? Because if the being came from somewhere, it wouldn't be a necessary being, would it? Big Grin

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Argument from contingency rejected due to parsimony.

The universe is contingent. It didn't have to be here. Anything that is contingent owes its existence to something external from it.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Matter and energy are things that we know to exist.

Sure. Matter and energy are things we know to exist. We just don't know it to have existed forever.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  We have no comparable evidence for an unexplained sentient super-being floating around in the void and one day deciding to create a universe.

The universe began to exist, Astreja, and anything that BEGINS TO EXIST has a cause.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  But in Christian theology, isn't your alleged god already eternal? If not, where in blazes did it come from?

The philosophical definition of "eternity" does not necessarily mean "in time", or "throughout time"...it could also mean "timeless" or "atemporal".

So when we say that God is eternal, we mean that God existed timelessly "before" creation, and now exists throughout a potentially infinite temporal realm.

(26-03-2016 05:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  So you're assuming that there exists some sort of unnatural or supernatural energy, then? Fine. Prove it exists.

To create from nothing is unnatural, isn't it?

You still do not understand infinity. Read a math book, or at least Google Georg Cantor.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-03-2016, 06:56 PM
(26-03-2016 06:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  You still do not understand infinity.

Chas, you've already been owned on this subject, bruh. When we got in depth with it, I began to ask you questions you weren't able to answer, and you eventually shut the fuck up about it altogether.

So I don't understand why now, all of the sudden, you are back with the same nonsense. But cool though. If you want to get owned on this subject again, my pleasure Thumbsup

I will give you one last chance to go back wherever you came from and take to heart that infinity is NOT something that can be possessed, OR traversed.

Last chance, catman.

(26-03-2016 06:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Read a math book, or at least Google Georg Cantor.

Get a dog, or at least Google David Hilbert.